corner corner [Intl Bookray] The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin [Now traveling! Still accepting participants]

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[Intl Bookray] The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin [Now traveling! Still accepting participants]

This copy did an international Bookray 10 years ago! See journal entries.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4891785
I really enjoyed reading it and wanted to share it with others!

Despite being a hardcover, this is a rather small book and is pretty light. I can get specific dimensions and weight if needed, just feel free to ask!

Rules copied from lane1088's original Bookray:

Some basic rules:
1. Please journal the book when you get it.
2. Try to read the book within 3-4 weeks so others can have a chance to read. (if this presents a problem because of work schedule, etc, let me know and I can change the order of travel so that it comes to you at another time)
3. After journaling the book, send a PM to the next person for their address so that you have it when you're done reading.
4. Any problems/questions, PM me.

**I've marked this as a Bookray, so the final participant is free to keep the book. They are also welcome to send it back if they want to but it is unnecessary.**
**This is my first Bookray! Please be patient with me and feel free to advise if you think it's needed! :)**

I'll send the book out once we have 5 people join. If there are fewer than 5, then I might cancel it.

Please sign up below stating your shipping preferences.
**I will try my best to grant your shipping preference, if I make a mistake or you would like to change it, please feel free to let me know!**

Thanks!

Order:
1. greenbadger (UK) Ship anywhere
2. bookfrogster (UK) Ship anywhere
3. Cassandra2020 (UK) Ship UK>EU>International
4. CathrineB (Norway) Ship anywhere
5. kizmiaz (Portugal) Europe>overseas is OK <--Book is here!
6. VintageVanguard (Germany) Ship anywhere
7. Olivia_Lo (Taiwan) Ship anywhere (requested bottom of list)
8. Basikilos (USA) ship only USA
9. TomHl2 (USA) Ship only USA

Complete Thread

Profile Image
This copy did an international Bookray 10 years ago! See journal entries.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4891785/
I really enjoyed reading it and wanted to share it with others!

Despite being a hardcover, this is a rather small book and is pretty light. I can get specific dimensions and weight if needed, just feel free to ask!

Rules copied from lane1088's original Bookray:

Some basic rules:
1. Please journal the book when you get it.
2. Try to read the book within 3-4 weeks so others can have a chance to read. (if this presents a problem because of work schedule, etc, let me know and I can change the order of travel so that it comes to you at another time)
3. After journaling the book, send a PM to the next person for their address so that you have it when you're done reading.
4. Any problems/questions, PM me.

**I've marked this as a Bookray, so the final participant is free to keep the book. They are also welcome to send it back if they want to but it is unnecessary.**
**This is my first Bookray! Please be patient with me and feel free to advise if you think it's needed! :)**

I'll send the book out once we have 5 people join. If there are fewer than 5, then I might cancel it.

Please sign up below stating your shipping preferences.
**I will try my best to grant your shipping preference, if I make a mistake or you would like to change it, please feel free to let me know!**

Thanks!

Order:
1. greenbadger (UK) Ship anywhere
2. bookfrogster (UK) Ship anywhere
3. Cassandra2020 (UK) Ship UK>EU>International
4. CathrineB (Norway) Ship anywhere
5. kizmiaz (Portugal) Europe>overseas is OK <--Book is here!
6. VintageVanguard (Germany) Ship anywhere
7. Olivia_Lo (Taiwan) Ship anywhere (requested bottom of list)
8. Basikilos (USA) ship only USA
9. TomHl2 (USA) Ship only USA
Profile Image

Interested

I'm interested in this bookray! I can ship to the U.S., and I live in the U.S.
Profile Image
If there’s more interest, we’ll get this bookray started. If not, I’ll pass it on to you as a RABCK

Thanks for the interest!
Profile Image
I'm interested :)
In Taiwan and can post anywhere.
But please put me at the bottom, since I have three more books to finish and after those, I really like to finish 4 others in a series I have been working on...
Thank you!
Profile Image
I've added you both to the list. Let's try to get 3 more people before we start the Ray!

Anyone in the US willing to mail international?
Profile Image
I'd like to join please. In the UK and will post anywhere.
Profile Image
You've been added! Hopefully, we get a couple more people.

If it comes to it, I'll switch the order a little so it ends with Basikilos and I'll ship overseas to the first person. But we'll see who joins and such and I'll let everyone know!

If anyone knows someone that might enjoy reading this book, please let them know! Would like to get at least 2 more people to join and hopefully get this book traveling in January. :)
Profile Image
I'm in the UK and happy to post anywhere. I love the Earthsea Quartet and have been meaning to read more of her books for years, so this seems like the perfect opportunity. :-)
Profile Image
Added! Thanks for joining!
Profile Image

Bump

Anyone else wanting to join?
Profile Image

Bump

Will get this moving next week!

Profile Image
...please let me know if you need your position in the order changed and I will try my best to accommodate all.

I’ll pm greenbadger to confirm if being first is okay and for mailing address.
Thanks!
Profile Image
Bookray is on its way to greenbadger!
Profile Image
I'm in Portugal and would prefer to ship within Europe, but overseas is OK if it must.
Profile Image
You are welcome to join!

Currently, the only options are mailing to Taiwan or USA. Would either of those work for you?
Profile Image
kizmiaz, I placed you as shipping to Olivia_Lo in Taiwan. If that doesn't work for you, please let me know. If anyone else joins, I'll try to arrange as best I can.
Profile Image
sorry I haven't been around. I guess my input is not needed now ;)
Profile Image
No worries!
Things usually work out. :)
Profile Image
I would love to join! I'm in Germany and can ship anywhere, so if you place me after kizmiaz it should work for everyone :)
Profile Image
...because of this: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/549346

:(

Long may she be read.
Profile Image
You are added, VintageVanguard! And thanks for joining!

Thank you for the link, hyphen8! Such sad, sad news. :/

On another note: When you receive the book, please post on here...I'm still not getting journal alerts. An issue that has been going on since November and is being worked on by the wonderful and hard-working BookCrossing staff.
Thank you!
Profile Image
I'd like to join! Can ship everywhere.
Profile Image
And if possible, I'd like to be quite high up on the list, if possible, as I'd like to read this book for a reading challenge at Habitica that closes around the end of April.
Profile Image
The more the merrier! You’re added!
Profile Image
Also, if possible can I go after Bookfrogster as we meet regularly and it would save her the postage etc. Happy to post in UK then EU then International if absolutely necessary (just spent £15 on postage this morning so feeling a little overwhelmed!)
Profile Image
Of course! You are added!

I know how you feel about postage. I get overwhelmed myself!
Profile Image
On its way to bookfrogster now.
Profile Image
..and has moved to position one in the reading queue!
Profile Image
...I have read this now but as today is the first day I've managed to get out of the house due to snow, I haven't done anything about getting addresses/posting out. Will remedy that now.
Profile Image
No worries! Glad you’re able to get out and about! Stay safe!
Profile Image
...on Wednesday 7/3
Profile Image

Arrived

The book is with me now. Will start reading it when I've finished reading the current book (which is pretty small, so shouldn't take me many days).
Profile Image
Can I still join this bookray? I am located in South Carolina USA, and as a hardcover, I would only be willing to send it within the US. Insert me wherever it makes sense. If you would like me to send it back to Spatial, changing this into a bookring, that would be ok too.

I have previously read this book several times, but it has been a few years, and I would be happy to read it again as a part of this bookray.
Profile Image
You've been added!
Thank you for joining, TomHl2.
Profile Image
I've read 50 pages of the book now, and decided to abandon it as it didn't really catch me! Will PM kizmiaz for the address.
Profile Image
This book is ready to be sent to kizmiaz. Will be mailed later today.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.