corner corner ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Y

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Y

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Y to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Y-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Y-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
Suezq60
NancyNova
LynnGorman
booklady331
mrsjones
perryfran
jmsmom
Southernfryed
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
innae
raralovestoread
lane1088
BookLovinMama - asked to skip
---
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Y to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Y-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Y-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
Suezq60
NancyNova
LynnGorman
booklady331
mrsjones
perryfran
jmsmom
Southernfryed
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
innae
raralovestoread
lane1088
BookLovinMama - asked to skip
---
me

Profile Image
Pm on it's way!

Profile Image
Tracking #9549012467387241168906

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Books arrived and sorry to say that the one book is exact one I have and was going to send off in the bookring and the other I have already read. So passing on these books and will PM next in line.
Profile Image
Books arrived and sorry to say that the one book is exact one I have and was going to send off in the bookring and the other I have already read. So passing on these books and will PM next in line.

Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS conf.# 9549 0100 2522 7244 1430 64
Profile Image

Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS conf.# 9549 0100 2522 7244 1430 64

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
It is "in transit, delayed"
Profile Image
It is "in transit, delayed"

I don't see " delayed". I see that it went to Seattle, then to New Jersey, then headed back to Seattle. Hopefully it will be delivered soon!

Profile Image
But good news, the books arrived today! I chose A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle. I have a Y book ready, let's see who is next. Ahh, TCO, I'll get that mailed on Monday.
Profile Image
But good news, the books arrived today! I chose A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle. I have a Y book ready, let's see who is next. Ahh, TCO, I'll get that mailed on Monday.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I have chosen "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion.

I will send the books on to the next person asap.
Profile Image
I almost confused this book ring with a bookbox I am expecting. I received this ring along with the W books in the same box. A heads-up would have been nice. I will be sending both books out again, as soon as I get the address for the next person.
Profile Image
I almost confused this book ring with a bookbox I am expecting. I received this ring along with the W books in the same box. A heads-up would have been nice. I will be sending both books out again, as soon as I get the address for the next person.

I did send you two PMs about both bookrings. Sorry about the confusion but I don't think that it is NICE to criticize me on a public forum like this.
Profile Image
OK, it's over. An obvious miscommunication. Maybe the BC PMs failed (again).

Let's move on.

Profile Image
The Y books came yesterday, I will PM the nest in line and send them on their way soon.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.