corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Y

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Y

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Y to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Y-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Y-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
Suezq60
NancyNova
LynnGorman
booklady331
mrsjones
perryfran (restarting ring)
jmsmom
Southernfryed
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
innae
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
lane1088
iwillrejoice

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Y to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Y-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Y-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
Suezq60
NancyNova
LynnGorman
booklady331
mrsjones
perryfran (restarting ring)
jmsmom
Southernfryed
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
innae
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
lane1088
iwillrejoice

Profile Image
Pm on it's way!

Profile Image
Tracking #9549012467387241168906

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Books arrived and sorry to say that the one book is exact one I have and was going to send off in the bookring and the other I have already read. So passing on these books and will PM next in line.
Profile Image
Books arrived and sorry to say that the one book is exact one I have and was going to send off in the bookring and the other I have already read. So passing on these books and will PM next in line.

Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS conf.# 9549 0100 2522 7244 1430 64
Profile Image

Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS conf.# 9549 0100 2522 7244 1430 64

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
It is "in transit, delayed"
Profile Image
It is "in transit, delayed"

I don't see " delayed". I see that it went to Seattle, then to New Jersey, then headed back to Seattle. Hopefully it will be delivered soon!

Profile Image
But good news, the books arrived today! I chose A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle. I have a Y book ready, let's see who is next. Ahh, TCO, I'll get that mailed on Monday.
Profile Image
But good news, the books arrived today! I chose A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle. I have a Y book ready, let's see who is next. Ahh, TCO, I'll get that mailed on Monday.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I have chosen "The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion.

I will send the books on to the next person asap.
Profile Image
I almost confused this book ring with a bookbox I am expecting. I received this ring along with the W books in the same box. A heads-up would have been nice. I will be sending both books out again, as soon as I get the address for the next person.
Profile Image
I almost confused this book ring with a bookbox I am expecting. I received this ring along with the W books in the same box. A heads-up would have been nice. I will be sending both books out again, as soon as I get the address for the next person.

I did send you two PMs about both bookrings. Sorry about the confusion but I don't think that it is NICE to criticize me on a public forum like this.
Profile Image
OK, it's over. An obvious miscommunication. Maybe the BC PMs failed (again).

Let's move on.

Profile Image
The Y books came yesterday, I will PM the nest in line and send them on their way soon.
Profile Image
PM'g the next in line, so I can move them along
Profile Image

Y books

are here! I am choosing Your Father's Voice by Lyz Glick & Dan Zegart & sending a PM to booklady331.
Profile Image

Y books

are in the mail!!
Profile Image
are in the mail!!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I am picking:
"Yesterday, I Cried.

PMed next person to send it off
Profile Image
Leaving the sunshine for possibly snow.
Profile Image
Leaving the sunshine for possibly snow.

Thanks, booklady331. (Keep warm, little book!)

Profile Image
Just wondering where the Y-books are... mrsjones?

Profile Image
Just got them in the mail a few days ago and have chosen "You Suck." I'll PM perryfran for an address and get the ring moving.
Profile Image
Just got them in the mail a few days ago and have chosen "You Suck." I'll PM perryfran for an address and get the ring moving.

Thanks!

Profile Image
Have these gone missing?

Profile Image
Have these gone missing?

I received this message from mrsjones on Jan. 29:
I have been traveling quite a bit and my daughter is taking care of the books for me. I'll have her drop them in the mail asap.

However, I still have not received the books. I sent her a followup PM today. Hopefully, they are in the mail.
Profile Image
Have these gone missing?

I received this message from mrsjones on Jan. 29:
I have been traveling quite a bit and my daughter is taking care of the books for me. I'll have her drop them in the mail asap.

However, I still have not received the books. I sent her a followup PM today. Hopefully, they are in the mail.

Thanks, perryfran.

Profile Image
mrsjones informed me that the books were mistakenly sent to my old address. I thought they might be forwarded on to me in California but I talked to my letter carrier today who told me that media mail only gets forwarded for six months. Since I have been at my new address for more than six months, the books were probably delivered to the residents of my old address. They may or may not be returned to sender.

Anyway, to get this moving again, I will go ahead and send two Y books to the next in line. When or if I receive the original package, I will just keep them and post the titles here. Hopefully, this is okay with everyone.

I will contact the next in line to get these moving!
Profile Image
mrsjones informed me that the books were mistakenly sent to my old address. I thought they might be forwarded on to me in California but I talked to my letter carrier today who told me that media mail only gets forwarded for six months. Since I have been at my new address for more than six months, the books were probably delivered to the residents of my old address. They may or may not be returned to sender.

Anyway, to get this moving again, I will go ahead and send two Y books to the next in line. When or if I receive the original package, I will just keep them and post the titles here. Hopefully, this is okay with everyone.

I will contact the next in line to get these moving!

Sorry this happened to you, perryfran. Thanks for restarting the ring!

Profile Image

No biggie. I have plenty of books to read. This will be in the mail tomorrow...here's the tracking information:

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image

No biggie. I have plenty of books to read. This will be in the mail tomorrow...here's the tracking information:

Thanks!

Tell you what, when the books come to me, I'll take one out & replace it, then send them on to you. That way you'll at least get a turn.

Profile Image
I'm still hoping they make it there. They haven't been returned to me.
I should have asked to be skipped since I was out of the country for most of this year so far. :(
Profile Image
I chose A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Michael Dorris and got them right back out.

Profile Image
I chose A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Michael Dorris and got them right back out.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I'm keeping The Yard by Alex Grecian because hubby and I have both read the other option. Hubby thinks he will enjoy this one. Pming Meekachu07 for address.
Profile Image
OK, thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I selected "A Year in Provence" by Pater Mayle.

PMed the next in line. Should be able to get this out by the end of the week.
Profile Image
I selected "A Year in Provence" by Pater Mayle.

PMed the next in line. Should be able to get this out by the end of the week.

Thanks, Meekachu07.

Profile Image
I received the original Y books that were sent by mrsjones to my old address in Utah. The shipping label was dated Jan. 27th and the forwarding label March 14th. Not sure what took the post office so long to forward but all's well that ends well! The books received are:

A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again by Suzanne Hansen

Not sure if I will read either of these but if not they will get passed along some way.

Note to iwillrejoice: you can now remove me from the end of this ring. Thanks!
Profile Image
I received the original Y books that were sent by mrsjones to my old address in Utah. The shipping label was dated Jan. 27th and the forwarding label March 14th. Not sure what took the post office so long to forward but all's well that ends well! The books received are:

A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again by Suzanne Hansen

Not sure if I will read either of these but if not they will get passed along some way.

Note to iwillrejoice: you can now remove me from the end of this ring. Thanks!

Thanks for letting us know, perryfran. And thanks for restarting the ring!

Profile Image
Books will head out tomorrow.
Profile Image

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
Profile Image
I've chosen You've Been Warned by James Patterson and someone else
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/5580839

Added my book, and since I have heartthumper's address, will be sending this off as soon as I let them know it's on its way.
Profile Image
9114 9014 9645 1382 7072 12

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I have chosen You'll Lose the Baby Weight by Dawn Meehan. I mean I'm over 60 but this stuck me as too funny not to read. Thanks for sharing!
Profile Image
Thanks for the update, heartthumper.

Profile Image
Tracking #94490102008817241438186
Profile Image
Tracking #94490102008817241438186

Thanks, heartthumper.

Profile Image
I am going to choose “Yeah, I Said It” http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14548658

Will post again when I send them out :)
Profile Image
Sending a PM to lane now!
Profile Image
Sending a PM to lane now!

Thanks for the update, innae.

Profile Image
tracking #9549 0104 5031 8129 2900 26
via media mail, USPS says it will arrive next tuesday :)
Profile Image
tracking #9549 0104 5031 8129 2900 26
via media mail, USPS says it will arrive next tuesday :)

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
This round was the last one I joined - and this series A-Z first round, has been so much fun! I am bowing out for the future because...life...but I wanted to send a thank you! and I wish you luck in your future rings/rays/boxes/life !
Profile Image
This round was the last one I joined - and this series A-Z first round, has been so much fun! I am bowing out for the future because...life...but I wanted to send a thank you! and I wish you luck in your future rings/rays/boxes/life !

So, you don't want to finish with the Z-books? OK, well, thanks for being a part of these rings!

ETA: Oh, I see. You've already taken your turn with the Z's! D'oh. :-)

Profile Image
I just got them in the mail. I picked "you are the Universe" by Deepak Chopra. I have my book picked out already. If i get a chance tomorrow i will mail it off otherwise it will be the weekend before i can get it out.
Profile Image
I just got them in the mail. I picked "you are the Universe" by Deepak Chopra. I have my book picked out already. If i get a chance tomorrow i will mail it off otherwise it will be the weekend before i can get it out.

OK, thanks, lane1088.

Profile Image
I received Yorkshire by Lynne Connolly & Your Perfect Home-Based Studio by Poppy Evans. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the Y-ring.

P.S. Don't forget to register your books!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.