corner corner UK only ?Crime / mystery Bookbox? Round 2

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

UK only ?Crime / mystery Bookbox? Round 2

A new thread to start a new Round 2 of the crime / mystery bookbox which finally wound its way back to me. As I have relatives visiting in September, I intend to start this on its journey in October but may start earlier if enough participants.

This is intended to be a small box containing only crime & mystery books.
*** NB. I have reused the previous bookbox number for this bookbox. ***

There's six rules:

1. This is for Crime and Mystery novels only so please do not add “cosy” type books to it (I have almost enough to do one of these as well so it may yet happen also!)

2. There must be a minimum of 4 books in it. You can take out as many as you like but you MUST send on at least 4. More is fine as long as ......

3. ...... the package weighs under 2KG. This is just to keep costs down. Postage is currently £2.90 second class for up to 2KG.

4. Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

5. As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

6. All the books currently in the box must be by different authors to ensure a variety of choice. So, for example, you could take out a book by Ian Rankin & put another Ian Rankin in as there would still be only one in the box .... hope that makes sense!

Participants (Scheduled to start in October) :

3vie
brunton11
Plum_crazy
kinedi<--------- Box currently here
greenbadger
Silver-Greece
Diane-Fraser
Yorkshire-lass
Cross-patch (moved down the list by request)
back to me (Flutterbies9)

The send out order will be set up just before send out but will be amended as requested. If you wish to be up or down the list please just let me know.

Please post here if you are interested.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
A new thread to start a new Round 2 of the crime / mystery bookbox which finally wound its way back to me. As I have relatives visiting in September, I intend to start this on its journey in October but may start earlier if enough participants.

This is intended to be a small box containing only crime & mystery books.
*** NB. I have reused the previous bookbox number for this bookbox. ***

There's six rules:

1. This is for Crime and Mystery novels only so please do not add “cosy” type books to it (I have almost enough to do one of these as well so it may yet happen also!)

2. There must be a minimum of 4 books in it. You can take out as many as you like but you MUST send on at least 4. More is fine as long as ......

3. ...... the package weighs under 2KG. This is just to keep costs down. Postage is currently £2.90 second class for up to 2KG.

4. Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

5. As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

6. All the books currently in the box must be by different authors to ensure a variety of choice. So, for example, you could take out a book by Ian Rankin & put another Ian Rankin in as there would still be only one in the box .... hope that makes sense!

Participants (Scheduled to start in October) :

3vie
brunton11
Plum_crazy
kinedi<--------- Box currently here
greenbadger
Silver-Greece
Diane-Fraser
Yorkshire-lass
Cross-patch (moved down the list by request)
back to me (Flutterbies9)

The send out order will be set up just before send out but will be amended as requested. If you wish to be up or down the list please just let me know.

Please post here if you are interested.
Profile Image
Always up for a crime bookbox :o)
Profile Image

Me too

Please
Profile Image

Yes please

It's been ages since I've done a book box!
Profile Image

And me

Thank you for the re-offer x
Profile Image

All in

OK, sorry for the delay in answering so late but you are all in! I'll set up a participant round soon but leave this open now.
Profile Image
Have a few cracking good thrillers at home that are just too good to just wild release..
Profile Image
If I can still join!
Thank you
Profile Image

Both in

Yes, of course you can join in this bookbox, you are both also in.

Although I intend to start this one off soon (I had said beginning of October but with seven already joined I may start it earlier before my visitors arrive in the middle of this month!), I will keep it open for new joiners whilst the box is on its way.
Profile Image
I had this box all ready to go, went to the Post Office and was told that I was .36gm over the weight limit so this came home again to be unpacked and re-sorted to go. Therefore it has been delayed by a week, sorry.

However, I will start this on its journey this weekend with the above order; meanwhile any more wishing to join in?
Profile Image
I'll join, please.
Profile Image
Sure, no problem - added above.
Profile Image
Glad to have another, added above.
Profile Image
This box is posted and finally on its way.

Sorry for the extra delay, this was due to finding my scales were not correct and the package was slightly overweight when I took it to the Post Office, so I took it home and redid the whole package! Hope my other two boxes are OK weightwise :-)

I will keep taking more participants whilst it is on the round.
Profile Image

Bump

Box is on its way to plum-crazy today.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.