corner corner ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter O

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter O

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter O to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another O-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

Southernfryed
jmsmom
ravencat
BooksandMusic
perryfran
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
Meekachu07
heartthumper
BookLovinMama
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
NancyNova
MmeClinton
lane1088
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter O to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another O-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

Southernfryed
jmsmom
ravencat
BooksandMusic
perryfran
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
Meekachu07
heartthumper
BookLovinMama
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
NancyNova
MmeClinton
lane1088
me

Profile Image
PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
The O-Authors are heading north. Happy picking!

USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 9187 3929 83

Profile Image
I'm keeping Before Your Dog Can Eat Your Homework, First You Have to Do It by John O'Hurley. Pming jmsmom for address. With company for the weekend and the eclipse on Monday, it might Tues or Wed before I get to the post office.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image

Books arrived

a couple days ago and went back out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I chose Unlucky in Law by Perri O'Shaughnessy.
Profile Image
a couple days ago and went back out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

I chose Unlucky in Law by Perri O'Shaughnessy.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
Books arrived and will make selection in the next day or two and will PM next in line.
Profile Image
I have chosen Christmas at Sea Pines Cottage by Sally Smith O'Rourke.. Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking 9549 0100 2522 7254 1449 38
Profile Image
I have chosen Christmas at Sea Pines Cottage by Sally Smith O'Rourke.. Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking 9549 0100 2522 7254 1449 38

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I am choosing West of Sunset by Stewart O'Nan. Hope it is good. I have to finish reading my O author book and then I will get them in the mail.
Profile Image
I see PF is next, I'll get the books out on Monday.
Profile Image
I see PF is next, I'll get the books out on Monday.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I selected "In the Forest" by Edna O'Brien
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14038302

The other book was way outside of my reading alley! I'll contact the next in line and get these moving again ASAP. Thanks
Profile Image
I have chosen "Purge" by Sofi Oksanen.

I will send the O authors book on asap.
Profile Image
I received a message from tabby-cat-owner a while back verifying my mailing info but have not seen the books.
Profile Image
I am sorry that I didn't mail them sooner but for the past few weeks I have been dealing with a variety of situations that made it impossible for me to mail these books.
Profile Image
I am sorry that I didn't mail them sooner but for the past few weeks I have been dealing with a variety of situations that made it impossible for me to mail these books.

Thanks for the update.

Profile Image
The books have arrived! I will choose one and send them along soon.
Profile Image
I have chosen "The Normandy Diary of Marie-Louise Osmont: 1940-1944" and sent the books on their way. Tracking #9549-0121-1302-7307-1151-62
Profile Image
I have chosen "The Normandy Diary of Marie-Louise Osmont: 1940-1944" and sent the books on their way. Tracking #9549-0121-1302-7307-1151-62

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I selected the book "Halfway to Heaven" by Mark Obmascik. PMing next in line. Should have this moved along by the weekend.
Profile Image

Books

These will ship out tomorrow (Monday the 13th)
Profile Image
These will ship out tomorrow (Monday the 13th)

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I have chosen "Victim Six" by Gregg Olsen. Will ship out when I get the next address. Thanks!
Profile Image
messaging the next in line.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.