corner corner Bookrings with a cipher/number/digit one up to and including ten in the title.

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Bookrings with a cipher/number/digit one up to and including ten in the title.

My bookrings from authors who's name begin with... are finished. So I came up with this idea.

How it works:
**Please PM me if you want to join**

I will send two books with a cipher/number/digit one up to and including ten in the title, to the first person on the list. That person takes one of those books and replaces that book with an other book with a cipher/number/digit 1 till 10 in the title. Then that person will send those two books to the next person on the list and so on. Please tell on this thread only which book you took out.
You can't put those books with the same cipher in the ring. Example: one book has the cipher 2 and the other one 3. You can't take out the book with cipher 2 if your book is also with a 3. The books that are been send have 2 different ciphers.
So the cipher in the title can be written as a digit or as a word.

The fifth elephant, yes no problem.
The one that goes away, yes no problem.
1984, problem :-) I only allow the ciphers apart
Onesie-time, problem ;-) because one isn't separated but part of the word
2nd: yes no problem
Second: problem don't see the cipher anymore (same goes for first)

The books are a surprise. Do not tell what book you are sending.

EXTRA rule after some debate in previous rings: please only send 2 books to the next participant. You are still allowed to take 2 books and replace them by 2 of your own but only 2.

Note:
These rings won't be open to US BC-members, I always have a lot of trouble find somebody willing to send intl with the high costs. Thank you for understanding

participants:
earthcaroleanne
dolph1n
greenbadger
tanamo
saskiasosmile
yorkshire-lass
ythan
icila
chawoso

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My bookrings from authors who's name begin with... are finished. So I came up with this idea.

How it works:
**Please PM me if you want to join**

I will send two books with a cipher/number/digit one up to and including ten in the title, to the first person on the list. That person takes one of those books and replaces that book with an other book with a cipher/number/digit 1 till 10 in the title. Then that person will send those two books to the next person on the list and so on. Please tell on this thread only which book you took out.
You can't put those books with the same cipher in the ring. Example: one book has the cipher 2 and the other one 3. You can't take out the book with cipher 2 if your book is also with a 3. The books that are been send have 2 different ciphers.

2nd: yes no problem

The books are a surprise. Do not tell what book you are sending.

EXTRA rule after some debate in previous rings: please only send 2 books to the next participant. You are still allowed to take 2 books and replace them by 2 of your own but only 2.

Note:
These rings won't be open to US BC-members, I always have a lot of trouble find somebody willing to send intl with the high costs. Thank you for understanding

participants:
earthcaroleanne
dolph1n
greenbadger
tanamo
saskiasosmile
yorkshire-lass
ythan
icila
chawoso
Profile Image
Always fun with you.
I will have to check my bookshelves before I can decide if it is possible to join in though.
Profile Image
oh thank you, hope you find one :)
Profile Image
Ooh, I was hoping you would be doing something else. Think this might be little more difficult but I'm up for the challenge.

Profile Image
Ooh, I was hoping you would be doing something else. Think this might be little more difficult but I'm up for the challenge.

Should have said UK posting for me, please? Booked a rather expensive holiday I need to save up for but still want to join in. It's thanks to your bookrings that I actually get around to reading my own books.
Profile Image
you are shipping to dolph1n so you have UK-posting
Profile Image

Yes!

Think this might be little more difficult but I'm up for the challenge.

Not as difficult as I thought. Just looked through my database and I already have 8 books that will fit into this. One has been on my shelf since 2013 so there is another bookcrosser that will be glad you have made me take part in this.
Profile Image
Me please. I prefer UK only posting if possible. Thank you.
Profile Image
Or could it be a word for a number in the title?
Profile Image

Profile Image
OK, I think I can find a book for this, please count me in!
Profile Image
A) 2nd

or

B) Second

I know it's not the same as having 2 or two but it's pretty close. Let me know what you think. :)
Profile Image
With A: 2nd I would say yes but with B: second not so much.

With A you see the cipher and it is about the cipher 2...

This I found very difficult... so I would go with A: yes, B: no, it is the same with first I guess. 1st would do fine but first as word, not so much
Profile Image
Is 5 elephants right? Five elephants right ?
Sorry for being daft but it's not so simple for a non-native speaker (reader) :-)

If yes I can participate.
Profile Image
if the title is "5 elephants" or "five elephants" they both can enter ;-)
so you are in
Profile Image
As a native speaker, I wouldn't use cipher like this, I'd use number or digit. But it's close enough to understand. :)

Cipher in common use is normally a code, which could also be an exciting ring - maybe a future idea for you rodespringbal!
Profile Image
So maybe if I change the cipher into number or digit... more people will participate
Profile Image
So maybe if I change the cipher into number or digit... more people will participate

I do think so.
Profile Image

Me please

I've searched my stash and found a suitable book.
Profile Image
okidoki
Profile Image
Thanks!
I found three books with a number in the title.
1 to 9, right?

There are also books with higher numbers but they will have to wait till rodespringbal creates a challenge for them?
Profile Image
1 till 10 this time and yes the other round will go from 11-20 :-)
Profile Image
Great, I'll start looking for a book for that too. :)
Profile Image
I give it just a try! Please, count me in.
Profile Image
I'll try to find a book for this in the local charity shops :-)
Profile Image
Profile Image
So 1st, 2nd, 3rd... 10th; & 1, 2, 3... 10; & one, two, three... ten are ok. No duplicates.

I'm confused by this
Are first, second, third... tenth ok, or not?
Profile Image
So 1st, 2nd, 3rd... 10th; & 1, 2, 3... 10; & one, two, three... ten are ok. No duplicates.

I'm confused by this
Are first, second, third... tenth ok, or not?

First and second are not ok but third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh,... tenth are ok. With first and second you don't see or hear the cipher anymore.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.