corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter X (see Note)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter X (see Note)

NOTE: X-books are hard! For this ring, we'll take books with an X anywhere in the title. Thanks!

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter X to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 X-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another X-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
booklady331
tabby-cat-owner
perryfran
Meekachu07
jmsmom
mrsjones
BooksnBeer
Southernfryed
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
NancyNova
BookLovinMama
LynnGorman
Dove-i-libri
Suezq60
heartthumper
innae
lane1088
BooksandMusic -- bumped down the list to try again later; skipped, no response
me

NOTE: X-books are hard! For this ring, we'll take books with an X anywhere in the title. Thanks!

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter X to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 X-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another X-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
booklady331
tabby-cat-owner
perryfran
Meekachu07
jmsmom
mrsjones
BooksnBeer
Southernfryed
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
NancyNova
BookLovinMama
LynnGorman
Dove-i-libri
Suezq60
heartthumper
innae
lane1088
BooksandMusic -- bumped down the list to try again later; skipped, no response
me

Profile Image
PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
... & she's unavailable for the next few weeks, so we'll bump her down the list & move on to ravencat. Pm is on its way!

Profile Image
I've been having a little trouble with diverticulitis, so the books haven't been mailed yet. I hope to get them in the mail tomorrow. Will post when I do.

Profile Image
I've been having a little trouble with diverticulitis, so the books haven't been mailed yet. I hope to get them in the mail tomorrow. Will post when I do.

hope you feel better soon
Profile Image
hope you feel better soon

Thanks for the good wishes, Southernfryed.

Profile Image
Healing vibes being sent to you! No worries as I have been on the mend with my lower back!!
Profile Image
Healing vibes being sent to you! No worries as I have been on the mend with my lower back!!

Same back atcha, ravencat. I pray your back stops hurting soon!

Profile Image

Much appreciated. Was able to get to PO to mail Author bookring books!
Profile Image

Much appreciated. Was able to get to PO to mail Author bookring books!

Yay! Thanks!

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 7742 2004 90.

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen The Box Children by Sharon Wyse. PM the next in line.
Profile Image
Books on the way to booklady331 USPS Tracking# 9549 0143 7136 7201 1432 02
Profile Image
Books on the way to booklady331 USPS Tracking# 9549 0143 7136 7201 1432 02

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I have chosen Hoax
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14633382

I have PMed the next person and will mail the books on.
Profile Image
and have my X book ready
Profile Image
and have my X book ready

Welcome back, BooksandMusic.

Profile Image
and have my X book ready

Welcome back, BooksandMusic.

Thank you!
Profile Image
I have chosen "The Medea Complex" by Rachel Florence Roberts, http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14649911/

I shall contact perryfran for his new address and send the X books to him asap.
Profile Image
I will choose Casual Rex by Eric Garcia.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14395477

Will contact Meekachu07 and get these back in the mail soon.
Profile Image
...today to Meekachu07.

Tracking:
Profile Image
...today to Meekachu07.

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I have selected "Xin Loi, Vietnam" by Al Sever...looks like its right up my alley...PMing next in line
Profile Image
I have the address of the next participant...this will go out Monday
Profile Image
I have the address of the next participant...this will go out Monday

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I chose The Woman Next Door by Barbara Delinsky and they went back out this morning.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose The Woman Next Door by Barbara Delinsky and they went back out this morning.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
Just gotta make my choice.
Profile Image
I will select Sex and the South Beach Chicas. I have my x book already and I will send the package along as soon as I get the next address.
Profile Image
I am choosing Phoenix A Brother's Life by J. D. Dolan. Pming raralovestoread.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
and I read the replacement today, but it's so bad....I can't possibly add it. So I'll need to read the *other* replacement first, then it will move along.
Profile Image
I'm reaching out to LynnGorman for an address.

The first book was much more young adult than I had planned. I'm reading a different book now and will get them in the mail as soon as I can.
Profile Image
Did you send it on to LynnGorman yet, BookLovinMama?

Profile Image

X books

I haven't received the X books yet. I just wanted to update.
Profile Image
I haven't received the X books yet. I just wanted to update.

Thanks, LynnGorman.

Profile Image

X books

arrived!! I am keeping Max Tivoli by Andrew Greer. I will send a msg to the next in line.
Profile Image
just how long we have been doing this Alphabet Bookring!! iwillrejoice, do you realize when we started with the "A" book?! I have been taking notes on when I received/sent each letter & it is crazy how long we have been at it!! (What's more amazing is that I haven't managed to lose the 1 sheet of paper with my notes on it!! ) I will let others guess before I reveal the date. Thank you very much for starting this, iwillrejoice!!

BTW, I hope to get to the post office tomorrow to send out the X books & the Y books!
Profile Image
just how long we have been doing this Alphabet Bookring!! iwillrejoice, do you realize when we started with the "A" book?! I have been taking notes on when I received/sent each letter & it is crazy how long we have been at it!! (What's more amazing is that I haven't managed to lose the 1 sheet of paper with my notes on it!! ) I will let others guess before I reveal the date. Thank you very much for starting this, iwillrejoice!!

BTW, I hope to get to the post office tomorrow to send out the X books & the Y books!

I won't spoil your guessing game, but yes, I do know. It's been a while!

BTW, if you've enjoyed it, don't forget to sign up for Round 2 here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/547606

Profile Image

I won't spoil your guessing game, but yes, I do know. It's been a while!

BTW, if you've enjoyed it, don't forget to sign up for Round 2 here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/547606

:) Yes it has been!! Oh wow!! I didn't realize you had started a second round!!
Profile Image

X books

are on their way to a hopefully warmer place! :)
Profile Image
are on their way to a hopefully warmer place! :)

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I have been working crazy hours and have been getting in after eight every night. I've already chosen The Next Best Thing
( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14349581 ) to share through an OBCZ, and replaced it with my own book.

Will send for the next address tonight, but the books will not be in the mail until Tuesday December 26, the day after Christmas, as Dad-i-Libri and I will both be diabolically busy until then. I hope that this is OK. Usually, I turn the books around in a couple of days.

Profile Image
I have been working crazy hours and have been getting in after eight every night. I've already chosen The Next Best Thing
( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14349581 ) to share through an OBCZ, and replaced it with my own book.

Will send for the next address tonight, but the books will not be in the mail until Tuesday December 26, the day after Christmas, as Dad-i-Libri and I will both be diabolically busy until then. I hope that this is OK. Usually, I turn the books around in a couple of days.

No worries, Dove-i-libri, that'll be fine. Merry Christmas!

Profile Image
I'll add the tracking number when Dad-i-libri sends the package out!
Profile Image
I'll add the tracking number when Dad-i-libri sends the package out!

Great, thanks Dove-i-libri.

Profile Image
Books arrived a couple of days ago...will be choosing my book and sending the rest off soon
Profile Image
PMing Heartthumper for address, will have them on their way soon. Haven't chosen one yet but will.
Profile Image
PMing Heartthumper for address, will have them on their way soon. Haven't chosen one yet but will.

Great, be sure to let us know!

Profile Image

X Books Sent

X books mailed yesterday, tracking # 9549-0121-1303-7362-0649-30

I chose Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich
Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60.

Profile Image
I will make my choice and notify the next in line. Thanks!
Profile Image
I think I hit reply to another section of this post - but the books are here in Colorado - and I have chosen Mr. X. I have lane's address and will be getting the books in the mail this week!
Profile Image
I think I hit reply to another section of this post - but the books are here in Colorado - and I have chosen Mr. X. I have lane's address and will be getting the books in the mail this week!

Thanks, innae.

Profile Image
I got this package yesterday. I picked the X files:skin. I already have my x book read to send out so as soon as booksandmusic sends her address i'll mail it out.
Profile Image
It's been 26 days...

Profile Image
I tried a three times to reach booksandmusic with no response. So I just sent the books out today back to Iwillrejoice.

Tracking # 9549 0265 2421 8055 2239 12
Profile Image
I tried a three times to reach booksandmusic with no response. So I just sent the books out today back to Iwillrejoice.

Tracking # 9549 0265 2421 8055 2239 12

Thanks, lane1088.

Profile Image
Today I received 2 books & an unregistered hitchhiker in the X-book ring. I received Not Exactly Eden by Linda Windsor, & Hot Six by Janet Evanovich. Plus, I received The X Factor by Andre Norton. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

This concludes Round One of the X-Books ring. Thanks for taking part!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.