corner corner Animal Kingdom Bookring (Closed and Travelling)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Animal Kingdom Bookring (Closed and Travelling)

How it works:
**Please PM me if you want to join**
This ring is for Europe only.

I will send two books where the title contains the name of an animal, bird, insect or fish to the first person on the list. That person takes one of those books and replaces that book with another book with an animal, bird, insect or fish in the title. Then that person will send those two books to the next person on the list and so on. Please tell on this thread only which book you took out.
The books are a surprise. Do not tell what book you are sending.
Note: This ring DOES NOT INCLUDE mythical animals such as dragon, phoenix, etc.

Who is in

dolph1n
Cross-patch
greenbadger
yorkshire-lass
Winterbirth
Icila
PrincessRainbow
Billbooks
ReetPetite
Lizzy-stardust - books are here
rodespringbal
061019alexandra
mysteriousmummy
T_richardson_x
and back to me Tanamo

Complete Thread

Profile Image
How it works:
**Please PM me if you want to join**
This ring is for Europe only.

I will send two books where the title contains the name of an animal, bird, insect or fish to the first person on the list. That person takes one of those books and replaces that book with another book with an animal, bird, insect or fish in the title. Then that person will send those two books to the next person on the list and so on. Please tell on this thread only which book you took out.
The books are a surprise. Do not tell what book you are sending.
Note: This ring DOES NOT INCLUDE mythical animals such as dragon, phoenix, etc.

Who is in

dolph1n
Cross-patch
greenbadger
yorkshire-lass
Winterbirth
Icila
PrincessRainbow
Billbooks
ReetPetite
Lizzy-stardust - books are here
rodespringbal
061019alexandra
mysteriousmummy
T_richardson_x
and back to me Tanamo

Profile Image

Me please

Prefer UK posting only if possible.
Profile Image

And me

I'll have to have an Animal Hunt!
Profile Image
I've found a suitable book. Thanks for organising! :)
Profile Image
You're all in. Thanks for joining.
Profile Image
You're in. Thanks for joining.
Profile Image
Already PMed you.
Profile Image

RE: Me please

Thanks. You're in.
Profile Image
Thank you for the PM. ;-)
Profile Image
Profile Image

Me please

Thanks Tanamo
Profile Image

RE: Me please

Profile Image
As you asked so nicely! I will have a go
Profile Image
Profile Image

Oki

Im in
Profile Image

RE: Oki

Profile Image
Of course. You're in.
Profile Image

Too late??

Sounds interesting happy to post anywhere
Profile Image
No you're not. I've added you. Thanks for joining.
Profile Image
I would love to join, please and can send international. I write you a PM.
Profile Image
In the UK, but can send anywhere in Europe.
Profile Image
You're both in. Thanks for joining.
Profile Image
If not I'll get it on its way tomorrow.
Profile Image
Parcel arrived safely. I think I will take out Sick as a Parrot.
Profile Image
I've got to read a replacement! Sorry, Tanamo, but I got caught up with reading books for the Wishlist tag - carried away with the fun of it all! - but am on the case, so the BookRing should be on its way in a few days.
Profile Image
Going into the post to the next on the list. I took out Some Tame Gazelle by Barbara Pym.
Profile Image
Greenbadger - have you received this ring?
Profile Image
No, it hasn't reached me.
Profile Image
Cross-patch has proof of posting so I've asked her to get the PO to track it. Here's hoping it turns up.
Profile Image
to Cross-patch marked 'not called for' and I'm waiting to see if she is prepared to send again.
Profile Image
I can't understand what has happened with these books - we've not had a card, and I've checked with the Post Office who say they've not had a parcel for me which hasn't been collected.
Profile Image
Back on its travels!
Profile Image
On Thursday I got a card from the post office to say I had a parcel. Just been to the parcel collection office and they have no trace of it! I think this must be the animal bookring but I don't understand what is going on!

Unfortunately, Cross-patch, they are not able to look up the proof of postage numbers you gave me. I'm not sure what is the point of them giving you these numbers in that case!

Anyway, the nice chap in the parcel collection office is going to speak to the postman and call me on Monday.
Profile Image
And despite the Post Office assuring me that they had the parcel somewhere and would find it and get it to me, it's been returned to Cross-patch again. Normally they are so reliable so I don't understand what's going on!

Anyway, I've agreed with Tanamo and Cross-patch that I'll restart this ring.
Profile Image
Its certainly been a frustrating time, the only plus point being that the parcel didn't disappear into the ether completely and has landed back with Cross-patch who will give the books to me when we next meet. I may start another round of this ring with them at some future date. In the meantime thank you for restarting this ring. Also I'll be passing the "Authors beginning with Y ring" onto you when I get rid of this cold and get to the PO so I hope we've worn out all the postal gremlins and that this parcel makes it ok.
Profile Image
I can't tell you how relieved I was when the Christmas all year round BookBox that I sent to the next recipient on Thursday arrived safe and sound at its destination!
Profile Image
The restarted ring is now on its way to yorkshire-lass.

I'm still not at all happy with Royal Mail but as you say at least the original books did show up. Let's hope there are no more problems with this ring!
Profile Image
Sorry these arrived two days ago, but I've not been able to get on line until today.
I will try to get them on their way early next week.
Profile Image
Sorry these arrived two days ago, but I've not been able to get on line until today.
I will try to get them on their way early next week.
Profile Image
What book did you take out?
Profile Image
Sorry I've just spotted this post, I went away on holiday just after doing this and must have forgotten to post here.

I took out, How To Fossilise Your Hamster: And Other Amazing Experiments For The Armchair Scientist.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11816531/
Profile Image
I am taking 'The Pale Horse' by Agatha Christie. Will send to Icila as soon as possible.
Profile Image
Should be with Icila soon
Profile Image
One I have already read and the other isn't for me, sorry.
The enveloppe is ready to travel again soon.
Profile Image
I take "When God was a rabbit" by Sarah Winman.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14640471

I will send the books to Billbooks as soon as possible.

13 Nov. 2017: Billbooks wrote me that he has to pass on this ring because "there are a few personal issues that are taking up my time". So I will contact the next participant - ReetPetite.
Profile Image
Did ReetPetite respond?
Profile Image
Yes, ReetPetite sent me the address. I sent the Ring to her on the 14th November.
Profile Image
Yes, ReetPetite sent me the address. I sent the Ring to her on the 14th November.

Thanks for reply and I see Rita has it now. Phew, I thought it had gone missing again.
Profile Image
Thanks PrincessRainbow
Profile Image
Thanks PrincessRainbow

Thank goodness for that. How ya doing Rita? Have a Great Christmas
Jean waving at you from Leicestershire
Profile Image
I'm fine thanks. Have a good Christmas.
Profile Image
I've taken The Case of the Howling Dog
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9896916/

I've PM'd Lizzy-stardust
Profile Image
Removing Pearls Beore Swine by Margery Allingham. Still reading the book I want to put in, but will get it out by the end of next week.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.