corner corner Int BookRay "The Dry" Jane Harper (2017) (atmospheric, page-turning debut mystery set in Australia)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Int BookRay "The Dry" Jane Harper (2017) (atmospheric, page-turning debut mystery set in Australia)

There is a lot being said about this book right now, so wanted to share it out into the BC Community.
"A quintessential Australian story beautifully told."
Winner of the Gold Australian Book Industry Award for Book of the Year 2017.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14558889

THE AUTHOR:
Jane Harper is an author who won the 2015 Victorian Premier's Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript for her novel The Dry. The $15,000 award was presented at the opening night of the 2015 Emerging Writers Festival. Harper's winning manuscript was chosen from a shortlist of three from more than 130 entries.
The Dry tells `the story of a city policeman who is dragged back to the country township he fled years earlier to investigate a multiple homicide'.
The Victorian Premier's Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript is administered by the Wheeler Centre.

THE BOOK
A small town hides big secrets in The Dry, an atmospheric, page-turning debut mystery by award-winning author Jane Harper.

After getting a note demanding his presence, Federal Agent Aaron Falk arrives in his hometown for the first time in decades to attend the funeral of his best friend, Luke. Twenty years ago when Falk was accused of murder, Luke was his alibi. Falk and his father fled under a cloud of suspicion, saved from prosecution only because of Luke’s steadfast claim that the boys had been together at the time of the crime. But now more than one person knows they didn’t tell the truth back then, and Luke is dead.

Amid the worst drought in a century, Falk and the local detective question what really happened to Luke. As Falk reluctantly investigates to see if there’s more to Luke’s death than there seems to be, long-buried mysteries resurface, as do the lies that have haunted them. And Falk will find that small towns have always hidden big secrets.

Please sign up below stating your shipping preferences:

Sedna5213 (Germany - Int shipping)
Penelopewanders (France - EU shipping)
Icila (France - Int shipping)
florence71 (France - EU shipping)
ReetPetite (England - Int shipping)
Bookfrogster (Scotland - Int shipping)
JemmaJ (England - Int shipping)
Kiki66 (Germany - Int shipping)
freuju (Germany - Int shipping)
VintageVanguard (Germany - Int shipping)
Jotka (Germany - Int shipping) <<------- Book is here
iiwi - (Netherlands - Int shipping)
T02S03B11D20 (USA - domestic shipping)
JudySlump612 (USA - Int shipping)
susanna_koh (Malaysia - Int shipping)
mcsar (Canada - USA shipping)
>>>back to J4shaw<<<

Complete Thread

Profile Image
There is a lot being said about this book right now, so wanted to share it out into the BC Community.
"A quintessential Australian story beautifully told."
Winner of the Gold Australian Book Industry Award for Book of the Year 2017.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14558889

THE AUTHOR:
Jane Harper is an author who won the 2015 Victorian Premier's Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript for her novel The Dry. The $15,000 award was presented at the opening night of the 2015 Emerging Writers Festival. Harper's winning manuscript was chosen from a shortlist of three from more than 130 entries.
The Dry tells `the story of a city policeman who is dragged back to the country township he fled years earlier to investigate a multiple homicide'.
The Victorian Premier's Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript is administered by the Wheeler Centre.

THE BOOK
A small town hides big secrets in The Dry, an atmospheric, page-turning debut mystery by award-winning author Jane Harper.

After getting a note demanding his presence, Federal Agent Aaron Falk arrives in his hometown for the first time in decades to attend the funeral of his best friend, Luke. Twenty years ago when Falk was accused of murder, Luke was his alibi. Falk and his father fled under a cloud of suspicion, saved from prosecution only because of Luke’s steadfast claim that the boys had been together at the time of the crime. But now more than one person knows they didn’t tell the truth back then, and Luke is dead.

Amid the worst drought in a century, Falk and the local detective question what really happened to Luke. As Falk reluctantly investigates to see if there’s more to Luke’s death than there seems to be, long-buried mysteries resurface, as do the lies that have haunted them. And Falk will find that small towns have always hidden big secrets.

Please sign up below stating your shipping preferences:

Sedna5213 (Germany - Int shipping)
Penelopewanders (France - EU shipping)
Icila (France - Int shipping)
florence71 (France - EU shipping)
ReetPetite (England - Int shipping)
Bookfrogster (Scotland - Int shipping)
JemmaJ (England - Int shipping)
Kiki66 (Germany - Int shipping)
freuju (Germany - Int shipping)
VintageVanguard (Germany - Int shipping)
Jotka (Germany - Int shipping) <<------- Book is here
iiwi - (Netherlands - Int shipping)
T02S03B11D20 (USA - domestic shipping)
JudySlump612 (USA - Int shipping)
susanna_koh (Malaysia - Int shipping)
mcsar (Canada - USA shipping)
>>>back to J4shaw<<<
Profile Image
Am in Germany and can send anywhere.
Profile Image
I'm in Switzerland and would like to send within Europe. I'll be travelling as of July so if it doesn't arrive before I leave it might have to wait until mid August... thanks for drawing attention to this one.
Profile Image

Me please

I was looking at this in Waterstones.
I'm in the UK & can post anywhere. Thanks
Profile Image
...I popped this in the mail to Sedna5213 this morning, so its on its way!
Hopefully more people will sign up to receive this great book and we can give it a great world tour.
Profile Image
I'm in the USA, and happy to ship anywhere.
Profile Image
so count me in. Happy to post anywhere. :-)
Profile Image
I'm in France and can mail anywhere.
Profile Image
.....the first member of this ring enjoyed the book.
Any more participants?
Profile Image
Indeed! I enjoyed it a lot. Will send it off to next reader shortly.
Profile Image
I am in Germany and can send internationally...
Profile Image

Me too!

I am also in Germany and can post it to anywhere. Thanks for the offer, I'm really curious!
Profile Image
Sounds like a great book!
I'm in Germany and can send anywhere.
Profile Image
I'm in France, you can put me after Bookfroster at the end of the ring, it suits me very well ! I can send in Europe only due to postal costs.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Yes it is still open
Profile Image
Yes it is still open

Can I join?
Profile Image
Can I join?

Please let me know your shipping preference

Profile Image
Can I join?

Please let me know your shipping preference

As it is an international ring I can ship anywhere. We only have one international postal rate in the Netherlands, so let me ship to another continent.
Profile Image
I just saw that I'm twice on the list (after Bookfrogster too).
Profile Image
JemmaJ - I am in the UK and I can post Worldwide

((Posted in the wrong account?!))
Profile Image
Difficult to put down.
Profile Image
Difficult to put down.

Yes, I'm the next on the ring ! Again one wonderful page-turner reading for my summer holidays !
Profile Image
Finally, I took a "bad choice" from my summer Holiday English reading, so "The dry" is staying at home. But I'm starting it tonight, and try to read it fast for following to the next on the line.
Profile Image
I'm in Germany and can send international.
Profile Image
Any more sign ups?
Profile Image
Me, please. Malaysia and can mail International.
Profile Image
....incase anyone else wants to sign up for this ring
Profile Image
if I can be squeezed in so that I am sending to the US. Thanks.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.