corner corner 'What the reviewers said' Wrap It Up Bookbox (2KG,UK only) Now travelling

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

'What the reviewers said' Wrap It Up Bookbox (2KG,UK only) Now travelling

This will be a small bookbox containing a selection of books. The box will start with a minimum of 5 books or how many I can fit in under 2kg! They will be of different genres and authors. They will all be covered somehow and a REVIEW from the front or back of the book written or taped to the outside of the package.

For example, I am currently reading The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. On the front cover, it is described/reviewed as:

'Haunting, magical and full of surprises'

and on the back cover as

'Mesmerising and Suspenseful.... Unmissable'

When its your turn, you choose books based on the review and add your own wrapped books to the box with the review on the outside. Please post here and let other people know what your review and book was. Some books have several reviews on it. Feel free to pick which ever you think describes the book best or is the most interesting.

You then post the box on to the next person and it goes on until the box returns to me. Please try to move the box within a month please. This should be enough time to make your choices and get the box back on its way.

As with normal bookbox's, please put books in that are in good condition. You can wrap the book in whatever you have to hand - Spare wrapping paper, newspaper, brown paper or whatever you have to hand as long as the books are obscured. Write or tape your chosen review of the book to the outside of the book and the PM the next person for their address. Please keep at least 5 books in the box to allow other people to have a good selection to choose from. Fiction only please but any genre.

And lastly enjoy! I think this bookbox will allow people to read books that they wouldn't normally read or introduce them to new authors.

I intend to start this within the 2nd week of July (or there about!).

Participants:
3vie
Caroline-m
Yorkshire-lass
JemmaJ
Silver-Greece
T_richardson_x <------ Box here 15/9/17
Mysteriousmummy
Plum-crazy
Flutterbies9
Nataliec7

Complete Thread

Profile Image
This will be a small bookbox containing a selection of books. The box will start with a minimum of 5 books or how many I can fit in under 2kg! They will be of different genres and authors. They will all be covered somehow and a REVIEW from the front or back of the book written or taped to the outside of the package.

For example, I am currently reading The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. On the front cover, it is described/reviewed as:

'Haunting, magical and full of surprises'

and on the back cover as

'Mesmerising and Suspenseful.... Unmissable'

When its your turn, you choose books based on the review and add your own wrapped books to the box with the review on the outside. Please post here and let other people know what your review and book was. Some books have several reviews on it. Feel free to pick which ever you think describes the book best or is the most interesting.

You then post the box on to the next person and it goes on until the box returns to me. Please try to move the box within a month please. This should be enough time to make your choices and get the box back on its way.

As with normal bookbox's, please put books in that are in good condition. You can wrap the book in whatever you have to hand - Spare wrapping paper, newspaper, brown paper or whatever you have to hand as long as the books are obscured. Write or tape your chosen review of the book to the outside of the book and the PM the next person for their address. Please keep at least 5 books in the box to allow other people to have a good selection to choose from. Fiction only please but any genre.

And lastly enjoy! I think this bookbox will allow people to read books that they wouldn't normally read or introduce them to new authors.

I intend to start this within the 2nd week of July (or there about!).

Participants:
3vie
Caroline-m
Yorkshire-lass
JemmaJ
Silver-Greece
T_richardson_x <------ Box here 15/9/17
Mysteriousmummy
Plum-crazy
Flutterbies9
Nataliec7
Profile Image
Should have some Xmas wrap left lol
Profile Image
Please :)
Profile Image

Please add me

😊
Profile Image

Can I join?

2kg - I can send it on via Hermes...
Profile Image
of course you can
Profile Image
Please add me to the list :)
Profile Image
Added :)
Profile Image
Please count me in if you can!
Thank you
Profile Image
Youre added :)
Profile Image
Still time to join.
Profile Image
Just in case any one else wants to join.
Profile Image
Profile Image
I chose 'almost ridiculously pleasurable, shocking, heartbreaking and fascinating, which turned out to be The Vanishing Act Of Esme Lennox by Maggie O Farrell
And 'a magnificently creepy thriller' which was The Ice Twins by S.K.Tremayne. I've never read anything by either author so looking forward to reading them.
Profile Image
And two great books selected already, one I have seen in bookshops but probably wouldn't have picked up, and another that is completely new to me - looking forward to reading both!
Profile Image
If it's not too late, may I please join? :-)
Profile Image
please can I join if its not too late/still running
Profile Image
I completely missed this previously and I already have several books which I could put into this! Please could it be extended? Thanks, in anticipation.

Flutterbies9
Profile Image
I have chosen two books and will post the parcel off again during the week. I have replaced the box which was looking a bit battered its still below 2kg though. I added 3 books because I had one that was really small and light.
Profile Image
...thank you!
Profile Image
This bookbox found its way through everyone to me. I have made my choice and sent it on its return home journey to Nataliec7.

Although I had kept several books back for this, in the end I could only pick one and put one back (I had read the first two I opened [and re-wrapped] and a third was one I had sent on its journey previously!).

If you decide to do another of these next year - I'll join!! Thanks Nataliec7 and all who sent this on its journey.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.