corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter N

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter N

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter N to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another N-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
BooksandMusic
perryfran
ravencat
Meekachu07
BookLovinMama
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
heartthumper
MmeClinton
booklady331
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
raralovestoread
lane1088
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter N to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another N-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
Southernfryed
BooksandMusic
perryfran
ravencat
Meekachu07
BookLovinMama
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
heartthumper
MmeClinton
booklady331
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
raralovestoread
lane1088
me

Profile Image
PM on its way...

Profile Image
... will be heading out tomorrow. Happy picking!

USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 9999 6998 67

Profile Image

I chose

The Two Pound Tram by William Newton

Books went out this morning

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
The Two Pound Tram by William Newton

Books went out this morning

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I'm choosing A Feather on the Breath of God by Sigrid Nunez. pming the next in line.
Profile Image
California?

Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I have received the books and have chosen Cold Pursuit by Carla Neggers. I will mail them off today. In fact, they are now mailed.
Profile Image
I have received the books and have chosen Cold Pursuit by Carla Neggers. I will mail them off today. In fact, they are now mailed.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
...the N authors books. Thanks! I will keep Us by David Nichols and contact the next in line to confirm their address,
Profile Image
...will be in the mail tomorrow to ravencat.

Tracking:
Profile Image
...will be in the mail tomorrow to ravencat.

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen What We Did On Our Holidays by Geoff Nicholson. Will message Meekachu07 for address.
Profile Image
Books on the way to Meekachu07 USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2522 7194 1263 15
Profile Image
Books on the way to Meekachu07 USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2522 7194 1263 15

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I selected "Cold River" by Carla Neggers

PMing next in line
Profile Image
Sorry it took my so long on this one...had no time to get out to find a book and then somehow discovered I did have that fit the bill.....these will be mailed tomorrow.
Profile Image
Sorry it took my so long on this one...had no time to get out to find a book and then somehow discovered I did have that fit the bill.....these will be mailed tomorrow.

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
Just sent a message to tabby-cat-owner to get a mailing address. My oldest selected the book...but I need to grab it from him so I can share which one we selected and journal it!
Profile Image
Books will be mailed Saturday. We got a little behind with family unexpectedly in town for the eclipse.
Profile Image
Books will be mailed Saturday. We got a little behind with family unexpectedly in town for the eclipse.

OK. So, what book did he pick?

Profile Image
I kept McKenzie's Books by Michael Noonan. I'm hoping my children actually let me read it!

Tracking: 9549010589607244113374
Profile Image
I kept McKenzie's Books by Michael Noonan. I'm hoping my children actually let me read it!

Tracking: 9549010589607244113374

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
I have chosen:
Mystery at Clareton Manor by Kathleen Newberg

I will contact the next bookcrosser on the list and get the books mailed asap.
Profile Image
The books have arrived, I will PM the next person and send them along soon.
Profile Image
I have chosen "More Than Words" by Carla Neggers. Books are on their way to Heartthumper, tracking # 9549-0106-9938-7271-1706-82
Profile Image
I have chosen "More Than Words" by Carla Neggers. Books are on their way to Heartthumper, tracking # 9549-0106-9938-7271-1706-82

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I chose Bone Deep by Darian North. I will message the next in line.
Profile Image
received books yesterday from heartthumper! Have chosen The Eight, bu Katherine Neville! Have to dig up one to add to the mix and then to send out to booklady 331!
Profile Image
Will be sending along this ring tomorrow to booklady 331!
Profile Image
Will be sending along this ring tomorrow to booklady 331!

Thanks, MmeClinton!

Profile Image
I picked Half a Life by V. S. Naipaul
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3837300

books ready to mail when I get to the PO next week.
Profile Image
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7232913

Added my book and packed the ring to send out.

Will check with "raralovestoread" and and mail the package as soon as they get back to me!
Profile Image
USPS Tracking number is 9114 9014 9645 1236 0407 17
Profile Image
USPS Tracking number is 9114 9014 9645 1236 0407 17

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I have chosen The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble. It will be cold and rainy here the next few days so the books will not be mailed until next week.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread.

Profile Image
I'm going to take the weekend to figure out which one to keep and what to send out. I'll update when they are on their way back to Iwillrejoice.

Profile Image
I picked Razor's edge by Lisanne Norman. i'll be sending the books back to iwillrejoice sometime this week.
Profile Image
I mailed these books off on Wednesday. Hope you enjoy my selection.
Profile Image
I mailed these books off on Wednesday. Hope you enjoy my selection.

Thanks, lane1088.

Profile Image
I received Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi & The Man-Kzin Wars by Larry Niven. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the N-Authors ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.