corner corner "Christmas" All Year Round! (Gift)Wrap-it-up Bookbox (UK only/under2kg)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

"Christmas" All Year Round! (Gift)Wrap-it-up Bookbox (UK only/under2kg)

Each year I take part in the Christmas in July Challenge & in past years I've offered surprise RABCKS which are chosen on the strength of the tagline on the front cover. As postage costs are so expensive I thought I'd try it as a wrap-it-up bookbox instead - UK only.

The books will all be Christmas "themed" in someway by title, author or even by the cover pic. Here's the link to an old challenge if you want further ideas
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/519381
- these are suggestions only feel free to be creative!

I will wrap each book in Christmas paper (if I can find it!) & on a gift tag write the tagline or a quote from the front or back cover.
Here's an example of ones I've used in the past
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/495596

The box will be sent to the first player who will choose their book(s) from the quote. Once picked you can unwrap - no need to wait for Christmas Day!

Wrap a "Christmassy" book to replace each one you've taken out (remember books DO NOT have to be Christmas books just have a word in them that you associate with Christmas!)
Don't forget to include the tagline/quote on it somewhere on the wrapping. (You can wrap your books in anything you want I just want to keep mine Christmassy in keeping with the challenge!) then parcel up & send on to the next player.

I do have a few other rules which are:

1. There must be a minimum of 5 books in it. You can take out up to 4 books but you MUST send on one for each one you remove.. Feel free to add extra as long as....

2....the package weighs under 2KG. This is is just to keep costs down. (Postage is currently at £2.90 second class for up to 2KG)

3 Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

4 As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

5 Fiction only please.... any genre you like but try & mix the books you put in.

If you are also doing the Christmas in July Challenge let me know & I'll put you near the top of the running list :o)

This will start travelling July 1st

greenbadger
caroline-m
yorkshire-lass
3vie
Cross-patch
Nataliec7
Diane-Fraser
mysteriousmummy

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14566131

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Each year I take part in the Christmas in July Challenge & in past years I've offered surprise RABCKS which are chosen on the strength of the tagline on the front cover. As postage costs are so expensive I thought I'd try it as a wrap-it-up bookbox instead - UK only.

The books will all be Christmas "themed" in someway by title, author or even by the cover pic. Here's the link to an old challenge if you want further ideas
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/519381
- these are suggestions only feel free to be creative!

I will wrap each book in Christmas paper (if I can find it!) & on a gift tag write the tagline or a quote from the front or back cover.
Here's an example of ones I've used in the past
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/495596

The box will be sent to the first player who will choose their book(s) from the quote. Once picked you can unwrap - no need to wait for Christmas Day!

Wrap a "Christmassy" book to replace each one you've taken out (remember books DO NOT have to be Christmas books just have a word in them that you associate with Christmas!)
Don't forget to include the tagline/quote on it somewhere on the wrapping. (You can wrap your books in anything you want I just want to keep mine Christmassy in keeping with the challenge!) then parcel up & send on to the next player.

I do have a few other rules which are:

1. There must be a minimum of 5 books in it. You can take out up to 4 books but you MUST send on one for each one you remove.. Feel free to add extra as long as....

2....the package weighs under 2KG. This is is just to keep costs down. (Postage is currently at £2.90 second class for up to 2KG)

3 Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

4 As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

5 Fiction only please.... any genre you like but try & mix the books you put in.

If you are also doing the Christmas in July Challenge let me know & I'll put you near the top of the running list :o)

This will start travelling July 1st

greenbadger
caroline-m
yorkshire-lass
3vie
Cross-patch
Nataliec7
Diane-Fraser
mysteriousmummy

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14566131
Profile Image
You are always so creative, Plum-Crazy!!! ; D
Christmas in July Challenge
I have some books set aside for this year's Challenge, so I'll see you there!!! ; )
I will wrap each book in Christmas paper (if I can find it!)
While I am in the USA and won't be able to take part in your Bookbox, I DO have lots of Christmas Paper, and actually had some set aside to take to the donation box, so if you'll PM me with your address, I'll cut some book sized sheets off the rolls, and fold them up to send to you post haste for you to use...and to include inside your Bookbox to share with others. ; ) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! : D
Profile Image
Oh bless you, how lovely! Will pm you x
Profile Image
Oh bless you, how lovely! Will pm you x

Received your PM and have an envelope filled with a variety of Christmas paper to wrap perhaps two dozen standard sized paperbacks ready to go out in the mail tomorrow. It's Memorial Day here in the USA, so no mail service today. ; )
Profile Image
They've arrived! Thank you so much x
My extreme pleasure, Plum-crazy!!! : D Hope they make your "(Gift)Wrap-it-up Bookbox" all the more fun for everyone. ; ) That really WAS a fast delivery...THANK YOU, USPS!!! ; ) Maybe strategically placing the papers so they made the envelope as flat it could be while sending the most (it did semi-snugly slide through their measuring device slot for envelopes and therefore didn't need to be considered a more expensive parcel aka package) instead of just stacking them in one pile before putting them in the envelope really did make a difference! ; ) Should be enough for more than one book out of each folded paper, but you'd best get to "wrapping" YOU up for your Son's wedding...& DON'T WORRY, you'll be LOVEly!!! : D
Profile Image
That really WAS a fast delivery...THANK YOU, USPS!!! : D

It's a lot quicker than going the other way ;o)
Profile Image
It's a lot quicker than going the other way ;o)
Only if the envelope is thin enough to travel as a letter and not as a parcel. ; ) If I had included the book and a few other lovely things I was wanting to send, similar to the SURPRISE parcel I've just received from there...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ; D...my experience in mailing a parcel to the UK is that it takes an outRAGEous amount of time...sometimes 3 weeks, like some I've sent to MissMarkey's class!!!
Profile Image
This sounds great! I can definitely find at least one Christmas book. Please count me in.
Profile Image
Would love to join in :)
Profile Image

Can I join

Please?
Profile Image
Profile Image
Is there room for another?
Profile Image
Is there room for another?

Of course...come on in!
Profile Image

Add me!

At least I'll have time to start looking for one to fit this box!
Profile Image
Anymore?
Profile Image
Could you keep me at the bottom of the list for this round . I have plenty of unread Christmas themed books so will bring them up to the top of mount tbr or wait until round 2 ;-)
Profile Image
Will put you at the end....as it won't be setting off 'til July it might really be Xmas when you get it!
Profile Image

Anymore?

Won't be going out for another three weeks!
Profile Image
Won't be going out for another three weeks!

I hear WEDDING BELLS!!! : D

And replied to you post above here...
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8943608#top
Profile Image
Please can I play
Profile Image
Please can I play

You certainly can!
Profile Image

Anymore?

Posting soon :o)
Profile Image
Wow, what a beautiful package! I'm still choosing so probably won't send this on till next week, hope that's OK.
Profile Image
I've chosen the tag 'At Christmas, anything can happen...'

It turned out to be It Must Have Been the Mistletoe by Judy Astley.

Thank you!
Profile Image
Now travelling to caroline-m.

There was no tag line on the book I put in so I made one up, hope that's OK.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.