corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter M

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter M

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter M to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another M-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

booklady331
ravencat
BooksandMusic
perryfran
heartthumper
NancyNova
Southernfryed
raralovestoread
Meekachu07
Suezq60
tabby-cat-owner
jmsmom
BookLovinMama
Dove-i-libri
MmeClinton
lane1088
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter M to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another M-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

booklady331
ravencat
BooksandMusic
perryfran
heartthumper
NancyNova
Southernfryed
raralovestoread
Meekachu07
Suezq60
tabby-cat-owner
jmsmom
BookLovinMama
Dove-i-libri
MmeClinton
lane1088
me

Profile Image
PM on the way...

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 7493 6175 47

Happy picking!

Profile Image
I picked Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya. I will replace it and mail the books to ravencat after I get her address. Thank you for keeping these rings going.
Profile Image
Books arrived and I picked Jazz by Toni Morrison.. Will PM next in line for address and books will be on the way.
Profile Image
Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2522 7115 1010 94
Profile Image
Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2522 7115 1010 94

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I have chosen The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore. I'll have the books out again today or tomorrow.
Profile Image
Don't forget to check with perryfran for his new address! :-)

Always a good idea to check that someone is ready before you ship, as well as to confirm their address.

Thanks.

Profile Image
but I hear you. perryfran was ahead of the game. Tracking # 9549 0148 7884 7123 1865 66
Profile Image
but I hear you. perryfran was ahead of the game. Tracking # 9549 0148 7884 7123 1865 66

Great! Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I will select Death's Half Acre by Margaret Maron, contact the next in line and get these traveling again soon.
Profile Image
... will be starting soon. Get ready!

Profile Image
I have chosen Scent of Roses by Kat Martin. Will PM NancyNova here shortly. Thanks!
Profile Image
I'm choosing The Pursuit of Mary Bennett.
I have the address for the next in line....I was mailing a rabck to her anyway, so the "M" authors will tag along. Hopefully, I'll get it out this weekend.
Profile Image
I'm choosing God's Vitamin "C" by Kathy Collard Miller. Pming the next in line.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I have selected Treasure Under Finny's Nose by Dana Mentink. Sending a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
I will select "Evening" by Susan Minot.

PMing next in line
Profile Image
These will ship tomorrow. I also have the N books but surprisingly I need to go find a book to add to the ring
Profile Image
These will ship tomorrow.

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
Hello,

The books have arrived! I will choose one and get them back on their way shortly.

Profile Image

M Books Sent

I kept them around for a few days hoping one would speak to me. No luck so I sent them both on their way to Tabby-Cat-Owner.

Tracking #9549-0121-1301-7210-0942-71
Profile Image
I kept them around for a few days hoping one would speak to me. No luck so I sent them both on their way to Tabby-Cat-Owner.

Thanks, Suezq60. Sorry about that. Better luck next time!

Profile Image

Thanks, Suezq60. Sorry about that. Better luck next time!

No problem. My daughter is getting married in September and I don't have much time for reading anyway. :-)
Profile Image
I have chosen 'fallen' by David Maine, http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14641468/

I might read it, but then again, I might not. Either way, it will be released and sent on its way in search of a reader.

I shall contact jmsmom for her address and mail it to her asap.
Profile Image
Will contact the next in line and get them off sometime next week.
Profile Image
Just sent a second pm.
Profile Image
Just sent a second pm.

Thanks for the update, jmsmom.

Profile Image

I chose

The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall Smith

Hope to get to the post office tomorrow after work.
Profile Image
...and I just saw that Dove-i-libri is next in line for these books as well. We will plan to ship these books and the V title books at the same time.

I am keeping As Sure as the Sun by Anna McPartlin.
Profile Image
Tracking 9549010589607244113398
Profile Image
Tracking 9549010589607244113398

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
The M authors are safely in my hands!
(They arrived packaged with the V titles, so I will be posting on that forum thread, too.) I have chosen a book - A Scattered Life http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14470041 - and have added my own M author to the package and will send for the address of MmeClinton tonight! Will pop in and let you know when I've sent the books along!
Profile Image
... I'll add the USPS Tracking Number here at that time.
Profile Image
... I'll add the USPS Tracking Number here at that time.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
Just got the authors with M books and chose Bitter Sweets by G.A. McKevett. Looks like a great cozy mystery! Am currently finishing up my book to include when I sent out the ring to lane1088!
Profile Image
Has it been mailed yet?

Profile Image
I received this in the mail today. I picked "the viking" from the options. I think i've picked the book to send forwards so hopefully by the end of the week, i'll be send it back to Iwillrejoice.
Profile Image
I shipped both books out on Friday 18Nov2017 and forgot to update here.

I took out "the Viking".
Profile Image
I shipped both books out on Friday 18Nov2017 and forgot to update here.

I took out "the Viking".

Thanks, lane1088!

Profile Image
Today I received Deepsix by Jack McDevitt & A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the M-authors book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.