corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter V

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter V

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter V to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 V-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another V-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
jmsmom
BooksandMusic
Suezq60
perryfran
BooksnBeer
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
innae
Meekachu07
mrsjones
LynnGorman
heartthumper
Southernfryed
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
booklady331
BookLovinMama
Dove-i-libri
lane1088
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter V to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 V-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another V-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

ravencat
jmsmom
BooksandMusic
Suezq60
perryfran
BooksnBeer
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
innae
Meekachu07
mrsjones
LynnGorman
heartthumper
Southernfryed
raralovestoread -- asked to be skipped
booklady331
BookLovinMama
Dove-i-libri
lane1088
me

Profile Image
PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 7431 4036 90

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay. Pm next in line and books will be on the way.
Profile Image
Books are off to jmsmom USPS Tracking#9549 0139 0638 7085 0892 22
Profile Image
Books are off to jmsmom USPS Tracking#9549 0139 0638 7085 0892 22

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I chose Villa Triste by Lucretia Grindle.

Books went out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose Villa Triste by Lucretia Grindle.

Books went out today.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
thank you! I am going out of town tonight and will make my selection and get the books going again when I return on the 20th. Sorry for delay!!
Profile Image
Will get the books out soon as I can. Oh, I choose The Vision of Emma Blaugh by Ursula Hegi.
Profile Image
are on their way to Suezq60. Tracking # is 9549 0148 7883 7114 1372 88
Profile Image
are on their way to Suezq60. Tracking # is 9549 0148 7883 7114 1372 88

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

Profile Image
I received the V Books and am PM-ing perryfran for mailing info. Will have them on their way soon.

SueZQ
Profile Image
The V books have been sent to perryfran
Profile Image
The V books have been sent to perryfran

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
Received today. Deciding which book to keep. I'll contact the next in line and get these moving again soon.

Edit: I will be keeping Victoria Line, Central Line by Maeve Binchy. Not sure I will read this...if not, I will pass it on to another reader. My daughter has a copy of the other book.
Profile Image
...to BooksnBeer in VA.

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I will be selecting Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho.

I am requesting next in line and hope to get this out this week.
Profile Image
I put the package in the mail yesterday. Happy travels!!
Profile Image
I put the package in the mail yesterday. Happy travels!!

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
I have chosen "The Virgin Suicides" by Jeffrey Eugenides.

The "V" books will be mailed to the next participant asap.
Profile Image
PM'g the next in line. Just finished reading the replacement!
Profile Image
PM'g the next in line. Just finished reading the replacement!

I'm choosing Very Good, Jeeves. I don't think I've ever read any books by Wodehouse...but if I finish this quickly, it just might pop back into the ring via the "W" authors....

PM'g innae again.
Profile Image
I am pming the next person in line...

I am selecting The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox. ;)
Profile Image
I am sorry for the delay...and to make up for it, I have sent the books Priority, to get them on their way faster (USPS says delivery estimate is Thursday)

Tracking #9505 5000 2785 7184 0000 20
Profile Image
I am sorry for the delay...and to make up for it, I have sent the books Priority, to get them on their way faster (USPS says delivery estimate is Thursday)

Tracking #9505 5000 2785 7184 0000 20

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image

Selection

I read the other book but will select "Vampires Not Invited"....will message next in line
Profile Image
On the move to the next participant
Profile Image
On the move to the next participant

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
My daughter has recently gotten into James Patterson books, so we chose Violets Are Blue.

Books are on their way to LynnGorman now. :)
Profile Image
My daughter has recently gotten into James Patterson books, so we chose Violets Are Blue.

Books are on their way to LynnGorman now. :)

Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image

V books

are here. I am keeping The Villa by Nora Roberts. She is one of my favorite authors! I am PMing the next in line.
Profile Image

V books

are on their way to heartthumper!
Profile Image
are on their way to heartthumper!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
Will make my choice and mail on to the next in line.
Profile Image
Finally got to the post officeThursday.
Profile Image
Finally got to the post officeThursday.

Thanks, heartthumper!

P.S. What did you pick?

Profile Image
I'm taking out Vinegar Hill by A. Manette Ansay and will be contacting ratalovestoread for address.
Profile Image
pming booklady 331
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I am taking out Velocity by Dean Koontz. PMed the next person for her address.
Profile Image
I've messaged the next in line. We are checking with a couple of neighbors to see if they would want either of the books. Otherwise, we will be sending both on their way.
Profile Image
Tracking 9549010589607244113398
Profile Image
Tracking 9549010589607244113398

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
.... for the past 5 days and have no idea about the status of mail delivery, etc. I'm on my way home now and will let you all know as soon as I have books in hand.
Profile Image
The V books are safely in my hands!
(They arrived packaged with the M authors, so I will be posting on that forum thread, too.) I have chosen a book to release - The Viscount Claims His Bride http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14648825 - and have added my own V book to the package and will send for the address of Lane1088 tonight! Will pop in and let you know when I've sent the books along!
Profile Image
... I'll add the USPS Tracking Number here at that time.

Profile Image
... I'll add the USPS Tracking Number here at that time.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I received them at some time this past week but as I was at the beach, i only got them today. I am going to take " Vampire Dreams".

I'm trying to figure out which of my "V" books to send out. Once I do this I will send these back to Iwillrejoice and update here when I do.
Profile Image
The books are on their way back to iwillrejoice. This was a fun bookring.

The tracking number is: 9549 0132 4773 7268 2411 30
Profile Image
The books are on their way back to iwillrejoice. This was a fun bookring.

The tracking number is: 9549 0132 4773 7268 2411 30

Thanks, lane1088!

Profile Image
Just arrived home last night from an extended trip, & found these in my collected mail. Velvet Song by Jude Deveraux & Vintage Murder by Ngaio Marsh. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the V book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.