corner corner US ONLY---HobbitGlen's (Older) Children's Bookbox

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

US ONLY---HobbitGlen's (Older) Children's Bookbox

My son, Bookcrosser HobbitGlen, would like to start a children's bookbox for ages (approximately) 8-13. Chapter books, nonfiction, etc. This would be great for teachers, homeschoolers, and anyone looking to swap out 4th-8th grade books. PLEASE no teen subject material.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My son, Bookcrosser HobbitGlen, would like to start a children's bookbox for ages (approximately) 8-13. Chapter books, nonfiction, etc. This would be great for teachers, homeschoolers, and anyone looking to swap out 4th-8th grade books. PLEASE no teen subject material.
Profile Image
I'll join! All genres, I assume?
Profile Image
Yes, all genres are fine as long as they're age appropriate. I'm glad you're in!
Profile Image
I have some appropriate titles I'd be happy to contribute. How large a box is HobbitGlen thinking about, and how many books would be needed?
Profile Image
Thank you! We're going to do a medium sized box---hoping to be around $8 or so to ship. He'd like 20 or so.
Profile Image
Thank you! We're going to do a medium sized box---hoping to be around $8 or so to ship. He'd like 20 or so.

Sounds great!!! ; ) I know I have some Science related books among those I do have, just have to check ages. ; ) Should I mail them to you to help get the box started? If so, please PM your address. ; )
Profile Image
Wonderful, thank you! PMing you now.
Profile Image
I will try to figure out how to age-check the books I have.

Would HobbitGlen prefer that the books be mostly boy-oriented (male leading characters, etc.)? Or he will be sharing the books with girls also?
Profile Image
He's got 5 sisters and 3 brothers so boy and girl books will be welcome. Thanks!
Profile Image
When are you thinking of sending out the box? I'd better start reading faster!
Profile Image
I can wait a little bit. I have a couple people sending books to us to add to it and they've not arrived yet. Should I check with you in a couple weeks?
Profile Image
I can wait a little bit. I have a couple people sending books to us to add to it and they've not arrived yet. Should I check with you in a couple weeks?

Yes, please. I definitely need to get some reading done first. :)
Profile Image
Thanks for verifying that I was inDEED, using the correct address. WHAT an adVENture!!! : ) Judging by the fact that the package has been to FIVE cities since it left here (for the SECond time!!!), it has also had an adventure in and of itself just getting there, but has apparently been delivered...HURRAY for the USPS!!! ; )

USPS Tracking # 9505512652497065089374
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...
Profile Image

Thank you

Thank you Bookworminusall, for the awesome box of books, hot cocoa, marshmallows, pencels, activity book, egg dyeing kit, and book marks.
it was an surprise to find in my mailbox.
>thank you<
Profile Image
That's really crazy!!! Well your package was a hit and a blessing...thank you for being so thoughtful!

Anyone else for this box?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.