corner corner UK only ?Crime / mystery Bookbox? (under 2kg)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

UK only ?Crime / mystery Bookbox? (under 2kg)

I am looking to move on some of my large library of avls and thought I’d start a new bookbox (or two) as I have enough available to furnish any number of these boxes!

This is intended to be a small box containing only crime & mystery books.

There's six rules:

1. This is for Crime and Mystery novels only so please do not add “cosy” type books to it (I have almost enough to do one of these as well so it may yet happen also!)

2. There must be a minimum of 4 books in it. You can take out as many as you like but you MUST send on at least 4. More is fine as long as ......

3. ...... the package weighs under 2KG. This is just to keep costs down. Postage is currently £2.90 second class for up to 2KG.

4. Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

5. As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

6. All the books currently in the box must be by different authors to ensure a variety of choice. So, for example, you could take out a book by Ian Rankin & put another Ian Rankin in as there would still be only one in the box .... hope that makes sense!

This is the first time I’ve set up one of these so please forgive me if I make errors here and thanks to Plum-Crazy, KaleLewin and others for initial bookbox wording.

Participants (List to start in Feb / March) :

Diane-Fraser (book ready)
3vie
Tanamo
raeliz64
Cross-Patch
kinedi
Plum_crazy (asked to be down list)
KaleLewin
Yorkshire-lass
Greenbadger (asked to be down list)
back to me (Flutterbies9)<------------Box is here

This send out order has been amended but If you wish to be up or down the list please just let me know.

Please post here if you are interested.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I am looking to move on some of my large library of avls and thought I’d start a new bookbox (or two) as I have enough available to furnish any number of these boxes!

This is intended to be a small box containing only crime & mystery books.

There's six rules:

1. This is for Crime and Mystery novels only so please do not add “cosy” type books to it (I have almost enough to do one of these as well so it may yet happen also!)

2. There must be a minimum of 4 books in it. You can take out as many as you like but you MUST send on at least 4. More is fine as long as ......

3. ...... the package weighs under 2KG. This is just to keep costs down. Postage is currently £2.90 second class for up to 2KG.

4. Please journal the date the bookbox is received (BCID will be in the box - please leave for next person!) & sent on & of course, journal any books you remove.

5. As a courtesy to other readers please only put in books that are in a decent condition.

6. All the books currently in the box must be by different authors to ensure a variety of choice. So, for example, you could take out a book by Ian Rankin & put another Ian Rankin in as there would still be only one in the box .... hope that makes sense!

This is the first time I’ve set up one of these so please forgive me if I make errors here and thanks to Plum-Crazy, KaleLewin and others for initial bookbox wording.

Participants (List to start in Feb / March) :

Diane-Fraser (book ready)
3vie
Tanamo
raeliz64
Cross-Patch
kinedi
Plum_crazy (asked to be down list)
KaleLewin
Yorkshire-lass
Greenbadger (asked to be down list)
back to me (Flutterbies9)<------------Box is here

This send out order has been amended but If you wish to be up or down the list please just let me know.

Please post here if you are interested.
Profile Image
Could you put me slightly further down the list please as I don't have anything ready to go yet.

Thanks!
Profile Image
please.
Profile Image

Please

Add me too
Profile Image

All in!

Thanks. I'm happy to have added you all in to the participants.
Profile Image

Bump

Anyone else?

I've almost got the final selection for this one together now (need to weigh and balance which go into the Box!) and am anticipating starting it off mid February.
Profile Image
:)
Profile Image
Yep, you're both in. Thanks.
Profile Image
I have a least one book ready now :-)
Profile Image

Added

to this one also.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Yes, of course you can!
I intend to get this Bookbox started for the end of this month (though by the time I get to the Post Office it may be the start of March!!). So, I have had a look at a hopefully, sensible order for the current participants and have set it into the entry at the top of the item.

I shall leave it open so that others can join as It goes around if they wish.

(Edited : I set up the initial list today instead of tomorrow and changed the text accordingly).
Profile Image
Thanks for sending.
Profile Image
This box is also moving now.
Profile Image

Its with me

and I'll get it on its way again once Easter is over.
Profile Image
to raeliz64 today.
Profile Image
Thanks Tanamo. Great to see it is still moving on.

Sorry I missed your earlier entry and did not update the listing but I have done so now.
Profile Image

Tis here

And I'll make my pick shortly.
Profile Image
The BookBox is on its way!
Profile Image
It should have by now!
Profile Image
The box has arrived, thank you. I might need a couple of days to decide what to take out.
Profile Image
Posted back to flutterbies9 yesterday.
Profile Image
Yeah, got this one back and will set up a Round 2 in a new thread.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.