corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter K

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter K

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter K to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another K-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

Southernfryed
perryfran
ravencat
jmsmom
Suezq60
NancyNova
heartthumper
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
raralovestoread
booklady331
Dove-i-libri
devon612
BOOKWORMINUSALL
BookLovinMama
MmeClinton
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter K to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another K-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

Southernfryed
perryfran
ravencat
jmsmom
Suezq60
NancyNova
heartthumper
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
raralovestoread
booklady331
Dove-i-libri
devon612
BOOKWORMINUSALL
BookLovinMama
MmeClinton
me

Profile Image
Southernfryed, you're up first. PM'ing you now.

Profile Image
I've never tried this and would like to join in, if I may, as it just so happens I do have a book with a letter K Author available. ; )
Profile Image
I've never tried this and would like to join in, if I may, as it just so happens I do have a book with a letter K Author available. ; )

Great, you're in! Welcome!

Profile Image
THANK YOU, iwillrejoice...iwilllookforwardtoit...sorry, couldn't resist!!! ; D
Profile Image
THANK YOU, iwillrejoice...iwilllookforwardtoit...sorry, couldn't resist!!! ; D

Heh. :-)

Profile Image

P.S. ...

Shall I add you to the other Author rings? (H, I, & J) Looks like the soonest one to arrive is 3-4 weeks out...

Profile Image
Shall I add you to the other Author rings? (H, I, & J) Looks like the soonest one to arrive is 3-4 weeks out...

Yes, please...I've just done a quick Author check in between some Bookshelf updating before I start my Becky's Hugs Release Challenge [Becky's Hugs Sweet 16 (ResQqeek) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/537779] Book Registration marathon, and I think the timing to join your rings would be perfect. I've actually been wanting to join in for quite sometime now, and there's no time like the present!!! ; ) My "Wild Releasing" days are getting more and more numbered, and this will give me an additional resource for moving some good books along for others to enjoy. THANK YOU for offering, iwillrejoice. ; )
Profile Image
Yes, please

OK. Done.

P.S. We also have the ABC Books (titles) rings, if you're interested.

Profile Image
K-Authors are heading north. Be on the look-out!

USPS TRACKING # 9449 0096 9993 8116 8173 51

Profile Image
I haven't chosen yet. Pming the next person. Will post my choice and let you know when they are moving again.
Profile Image
Planning to put the books in the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
Planning to put the books in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I selected Stone Kiss by Faye Kellerman. I will contact next in line and get these moving again soon. Thanks

Edit: will ship tomorrow. Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...
Profile Image
I selected Stone Kiss by Faye Kellerman. I will contact next in line and get these moving again soon. Thanks

Edit: will ship tomorrow. Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen "The Orphan Child" by Catherine King. Pm next in line.
Profile Image
Books off to jsmmom USPS Tracking # 9549 0139 0637 7035 0815 81
Profile Image
Books off to jsmmom USPS Tracking # 9549 0139 0637 7035 0815 81

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Books arrived Sat. Sun. I was having bad asthma attacks off and on all day. Not sure but probably triggered by a nearby wildfire. Got sick while at work Mon. Went to bed when I got home Mon. afternoon and pretty much didn't get up til this morning. Still not 100% but did manage to get the books off. I chose Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
Books arrived Sat. Sun. I was having bad asthma attacks off and on all day. Not sure but probably triggered by a nearby wildfire. Got sick while at work Mon. Went to bed when I got home Mon. afternoon and pretty much didn't get up til this morning. Still not 100% but did manage to get the books off. I chose Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Feel better soon, jmsmom!

Profile Image

P.S. ...

The L-Authors will be starting soon. Get ready!

Profile Image
Books arrived today and I am choosing "Strength in What Remains" by Tracy Kidder. As fate would have it that is the BOM for May at my local library. :-) Books will be on their way to NancyNova by the end of the week.
Profile Image
The books were sent on Friday, # 9549-0121-1302-7055-0539-07
Profile Image
The books were sent on Friday, # 9549-0121-1302-7055-0539-07

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I'm choosing The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10503515

PM'g next in line for address.
Profile Image
I'm choosing The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10503515

PM'g next in line for address.

Popped in here to note that I posted the books today and saw the website went wonky with my last post. Deleted all the extras. Alas, I shredded the receipt before adding the tracking # here, so keeping my fingers crossed.
Profile Image
Popped in here to note that I posted the books today

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I have chosen "The Secret Life Of Bees" By Sue Monk Kidd. Will PM the next in line.
Profile Image
I have selected "Strangers" by Dean Koontz....PMing next
Profile Image

Update

These will ship tomorrow
Profile Image
These will ship tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
and found these books waiting for me. I have no interest in reading either one. I am going to wild release one, and mail the other on along with the book I have chosen for K author.
Profile Image
and found these books waiting for me. I have no interest in reading either one. I am going to wild release one, and mail the other on along with the book I have chosen for K author.

What one will you be taking out to wild release? :-)

Profile Image

Hello!

I took out Not One Man's Work by Leland Kinsey and left it in a Little Free Library.

The other two books are on their way to tco.
Profile Image
I took out Not One Man's Work by Leland Kinsey and left it in a Little Free Library.

The other two books are on their way to tco.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I have chosen a book registered by me that has made its way back to me, "Living a Life That Matters" by Harold S. Kushner. I already have a copy of this book. I do want to read it someday. I shall release the extra copy eventually.

I will mail these books on when I have an address.
Profile Image
I have chosen Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen. It's a book I've already read, but I may decide to reread it. Sending a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
My choice is The Sound of Butterflies by Rachael King
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11329046

I will mail them to Dove-I-libre in a few days
Profile Image
My choice is The Sound of Butterflies by Rachael King
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11329046

I will mail them to Dove-I-libre in a few days

Thanks, booklady331!

Profile Image
... I am choosing A NECESSARY EVIL by Alex Kava
( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11790492 ) to send along to someone else, and have replaced it with ... HA HA HA! You will just have to wait and see!

Sending a PM to devon612 for their address, and the books will be on their way soon!

The USPS tracking number is 9114 9014 9645 1290 0128 35
Profile Image
I sent the books along to devon612 and then she asked to be skipped.

I offered to send her the postage to pass them on to the next person. I hope that helps in some way.
Profile Image
I sent the books along to devon612 and then she asked to be skipped.

I offered to send her the postage to pass them on to the next person. I hope that helps in some way.

OK, thanks for the update, Dove-i-libri.

Profile Image
It's all good! I'll pick one and pass them on!
Profile Image
It's all good! I'll pick one and pass them on!

Great! Thanks, devon612!

Profile Image
Whew, Thank you friend. I always check first, but Neil and I were going to be away a while, and well ...
Profile Image
I received them on Saturday, sorry for not posting sooner! I will decide on one and mail them out this Saturday.
Profile Image
I choose The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. Will mail them out tomorrow!
Profile Image
I choose The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. Will mail them out tomorrow!

Thanks, devon612!

Profile Image
While the two books that arrived will be great for someone, they are not something I will be able to read at this time. I already have BLM's address, and have a Post Office run to do in the next day or two, depending on the outcome of a meeting that takes place tomorrow. Once I have the Tracking # I will post it here. THANK YOU for organizing, and including me in some of your Bookrings, iwillrejoice!!! : ) Befre you get going with the next round, please remove me from the lists, as I am going to sit the next round out for all letters and perhaps try again sometime in the future. ; )
Profile Image
... to see you go, BOOKWORMINUSALL.

Profile Image
... to see you go, BOOKWORMINUSALL.
"I'LL BE BACK" ; D...just don't know when. I've been hit with another round of unexpected responsibilities, and while I have been using great restraint in not signing up for any more BC Fun right now, I do still have a couple of Bookboxes that I have been on the list for for quite some time. Seems like everything always starts arriving all at once, and I don't want to be delaying things for others. This past week has been something else, and I've not able to locate the Postal Receipt for the Tracking Number for these K Author Books, but I did just remember to make release notes on them. ; ) I think I mailed them Thursday, and it was going to take about a week, so BookLovinMama should have them this coming Thursday. ; )
Profile Image
This past week has been something else, and I've not able to locate the Postal Receipt for the Tracking Number for these K Author Books, but I did just remember to make release notes on them. ; ) I think I mailed them Thursday, and it was going to take about a week, so BookLovinMama should have them this coming Thursday. ; )

Thanks, BOOKWORMINUSALL.

Profile Image
Just found the receipt with this Tracking Number 9549011635117160125511 for these K Author Books. Before I came to post it here, I decided to check to see where "In-Transit" they were now. Anytime I check a Tracking Number I always get the same message, so I've always wondered if they ever update the information. By golly, it looks like they were "Delivered"@12:07 today, a day earlier than expected. ; )

Happy Summer Reading all...inside's the place to be here in Arizona at 102 degrees and going up to 118 in the next few days. Thank goodness it's a "dry" heat!!! ; D
Profile Image
I am keeping Dr. Death by Jonathan Kellerman.

I have reached out to MmeClinton and have her address. As I'm next in line for the L Authors, I will mail the K & L Authors together. Will post when the books are posted.
Profile Image
Left the confirmation number at home. I can find it if needed...

So rough getting back into the swing of things...
Profile Image
I have taken out Stephen King's The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and also Mark R. Levin's Rescuing Sprite from the box and will replace with new books. I believe I now need to send the box back to the beginning....to iwillrejoice, whom I will contact to confirm! I am ready to mail out the K author Wednesday...
Profile Image
I have taken out Stephen King's The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and also Mark R. Levin's Rescuing Sprite from the box and will replace with new books. I believe I now need to send the box back to the beginning....to iwillrejoice, whom I will contact to confirm! I am ready to mail out the K author Wednesday...

Thanks, MmeClinton. Looking forward to seeing what arrives!

Profile Image
Just found them sitting in front of my front door. I received The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova & Northwest Angle by William Kent Krueger. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the K-Author book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.