corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter U

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter U

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter U to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 U-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another U-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

mrsjones
NancyNova
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
innae
ravencat
BooksandMusic
raralovestoread - asked to be skipped
jmsmom
Meekachu07
heartthumper
perryfran
LynnGorman
Southernfryed
booklady331
Dove-i-libri
BooksnBeer
BookLovinMama
lane1088
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter U to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 U-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another U-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

mrsjones
NancyNova
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
innae
ravencat
BooksandMusic
raralovestoread - asked to be skipped
jmsmom
Meekachu07
heartthumper
perryfran
LynnGorman
Southernfryed
booklady331
Dove-i-libri
BooksnBeer
BookLovinMama
lane1088
me

Profile Image
PM'ing you now.

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 8076 7536 45

Happy picking!

Profile Image

Easy choice

I chose Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella.
PMing NancyNova for her address.
Profile Image

Box arrived

but "U" title not read yet - oops.

PM'g next in line, took out Up for Renewal, queued up the replacement book for reading. Will post when I move this box along again.
Profile Image

PM'g next in line, took out Up for Renewal, queued up the replacement book for reading. Will post when I move this box along again.

Aarrrggghhh. The queued up replacement was chosen to be the May read for bookclub. So, unearthed the only other non-romance "U" book in my possession. Packed up and heading to the post office now.
Profile Image

Aarrrggghhh. The queued up replacement was chosen to be the May read for bookclub. So, unearthed the only other non-romance "U" book in my possession. Packed up and heading to the post office now.

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
tracking # 9549014377987028076152
Profile Image
I have chosen "Unknown Shore" by Robert Ruby.

I will send on the "U" books asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
Good morning,

I received the U books yesterday. I will pick one and get them back on their way shortly.
Profile Image
I have chosen "Unnatural Death" by Dorothy Sayers. They will be on their way to innae by the end of the week.
Profile Image

U Books Sent

The books were sent on Friday # 9549-0121-1302-7055-0538-91
Profile Image
The books were sent on Friday # 9549-0121-1302-7055-0538-91

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I will select and get them mailed asap.
Profile Image
I am choosing Unraveled Sleeve and plan to get the others headed out to ravencat tomorrow.
Profile Image
I am choosing Unraveled Sleeve and plan to get the others headed out to ravencat tomorrow.

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
Books arrived and will choose soon. Also Pm next in line for address.
Profile Image
I have chosen "Up Until Now" by William Shatner. Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking#9549 0139 0639 7084 1144 12
Profile Image
I have chosen "Up Until Now" by William Shatner. Books on the way to BooksandMusic USPS Tracking#9549 0139 0639 7084 1144 12

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
and choose Under Orders by Dick Francis. I'll get the books back out again on Monday.
Profile Image
and choose Under Orders by Dick Francis. I'll get the books back out again on Monday.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
as I am trying to verify avl of my U book. I am going out of town and will take care of it on 20th unless I can get my husband to take care of my bookcrossing activities for me.
Profile Image
has asked to be skipped.
Profile Image
are on their way to jmsmom. Tracking # 9549 0148 7883 7114 1372 71
Profile Image
are on their way to jmsmom. Tracking # 9549 0148 7883 7114 1372 71

Thanks, BooksandMusic.

Profile Image
I chose An Unquiet Grave by P J Parrish.

Books went out today.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose An Unquiet Grave by P J Parrish.

Books went out today.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I selected "The Undomestic Gooddess" by Sophie Kinsella....my mom enjoys this author so I'm sure she will enjoy this....PMing next in line
Profile Image

Shipping

These are on their way to KS
Profile Image
These are on their way to KS

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I've been working and have finally gotten on the computer. I have chosen.... Up Island by Anne Rivers Siddons. I will PM the next in line and get the package mailed out. Thanks for including me.
Profile Image
I will select Up the Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman. Remember this movie from the 60s. I have contacted the next in line and will get these moving again as soon as I receive an address. Thanks!
Profile Image
... it left its mark on me. I will always remember a lot of scenes. Never did see the movie, though ...
Profile Image
...to LynnGorman.

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image

U books

arrived safe & sound! I am keeping Undead and Uneasy by Mary Janice Davidson. I will PM the next in line.
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay but the U books are on their way to southernfryed!
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay but the U books are on their way to southernfryed!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I have not yet made my choice. Pming booklady331.
Profile Image
because my niece wants to read it. I have booklady331's address and will get them moving again this coming week.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I am picking
Unforgiven
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14589962

I was just at the PO this morning, so I'll get the books ready to mail the next time I pass the PO.
Profile Image
I know you're enjoying your summer with the family!!

Anyway, 'YOU' Sneaky Pete, 'YOU!' Slid in a little book with a 'YOU' instead of a "U" and YOU just knew it would catch my attention!

So, I took out 'YOU are Free'
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14485139

Already put my book in! Wrapped and ready to go. I will PM BooksnBeer tonight to get the address and the books will be on their way on Saturday.
Profile Image
The tracking number is EITHER

9114 9014 9645 1114 4838 41

OR

9114 9014 9645 1114 4838 27

He forgot to write down which number was for which package he mailed.
Profile Image
Will add USPS Tracking # here at that time.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
The tracking number is EITHER

9114 9014 9645 1114 4838 41

OR

9114 9014 9645 1114 4838 27

He forgot to write down which number was for which package he mailed.

OMG, I just saw this. So funny...

Profile Image
I received these books last Friday and just now got a chance to log them.

Actually, it is good timing. I have 50 pages left in my U book. I'll write for an address and be able to mail this as soon as I receive the address.

ohh...i'll choose The Unseen by Richie Tankersley Cusick
Profile Image
Just sent lane1088 a message to get a mailing address. Trying to decide which book to keep. :)
Profile Image
Books will be mailed Saturday. We got a little behind with family unexpectedly in town for the eclipse.
Profile Image
Books will be mailed Saturday. We got a little behind with family unexpectedly in town for the eclipse.

OK. So, what book did you choose? :-)

Profile Image

So....

First, I selected The Unit. Can't wait to read it.

Second, I just returned to the office from a week out. The team missed mailing the U books and brought them back to me. I had given several boxes to a girl who was going to the post office already and it was missed. As she's not venturing to the post office this week, I will get it in the mail ASAP...but it might be Saturday.

I AM SO SORRY!!! (She apologizes as well.)
Profile Image
Late on posting the tracking as well... They should arrive early next week. I also let lane1088 know they were coming.

Tracking: 9549013475437262150933
Profile Image
Late on posting the tracking as well... They should arrive early next week. I also let lane1088 know they were coming.

Tracking: 9549013475437262150933

Thanks, BookLovinMama.

Profile Image
I received them at some time this past week but as I was at the beach, i only got them today. I am going to take "undercover in high heels". I'm almost done with the book I plan to send back to Iwillrejoice. I will send them out as soon as possible and update here when I do.
Profile Image
The books are on their way back to iwillrejoice. This was a fun bookring.

The tracking number is: 9549 0132 4773 7268 2411 30
Profile Image
The books are on their way back to iwillrejoice. This was a fun bookring.

The tracking number is: 9549 0132 4773 7268 2411 30

Thanks again, lane1088!

Profile Image
I just arrived home last night after an extended trip, & found these in my collected mail. The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer & The Untouchable by John Banville. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the U book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.