corner corner Favourite Book of 2016 Roundabout - CLOSED

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Favourite Book of 2016 Roundabout - CLOSED

Let's do this again! It would be good if we could get 12 particpants for the year. Most importantly you'll have choosen your favourite book read in 2016, it doesn't have to be a book that's written in 2016. Which book have you read in 2016 that you want to share with everyone? Which book really stood out, which one will make your top 3?

A roundabout is a type of bookring, where everyone who participates sends one of their books to the next participant. And so the book goes round until it has been with every participant and every participant has read all the books.

Here's some basic rules
1. I will compile and post a list of members who are interested. Unfortunately I will restrict this to Europe only. Shipping overseas sometimes takes a long time and with delays. Everyone who enters should be willing to ship within Europe with airmail, but I will try and group people of the same country together. Even so, I know shipping costs can be expensive, so try not to choose big hardback copies of your favourite. Also if your favourite is a 1000 page novel, maybe pick your second favourite. I will PM people to confirm the shipping order and let them know when the roundabout has started.
2. Everyone mails their favourite/special book to the next person on the list. So everyone has a new book.
3. Once you have received your book you should POST HERE to say that it has arrived (but don't say what it is to keep it a surprise for the rest!).
4. Once you have received the book you will have one month to read and send on your book. I think this is plenty of time.
5. These last two steps are repeated until everyone has read each others' books.

This way our favourite reads get the chance to touch many lives :)

I will go for a maximum of 12 participants. I would like for everyone to send their books out in the first half of January, so get your books ready. I will close this as soon as we get 12 participants. It's first come first serve, so please enter fast if you want to participate!

Important!
Because this roundabout will probably cover at least a year, please make sure you can commit. I will check your previous record on bookcrossing, and if you are a staller of books, please don't enter. I only let people in who have proven before to be reliable bookcrossers. This may sound harsh and I don't want to scare people away, but it just wouldn't be fair to the other participants if books get stalled, or people drop out. Also, this year books were sent out of order so, please only send to the same person every time.

Participants:-

1. earthcaroleanne
2. dark-draco
3. Nataliec7
4. Lamilla
5. Leahjett (being skipped - books aren't being forwarded)
6. Billbooks
7. Icila
8. LilyKip
9. Fifna
10.alexotanil

Complete Thread

1 2 Next 

Profile Image
Let's do this again! It would be good if we could get 12 particpants for the year. Most importantly you'll have choosen your favourite book read in 2016, it doesn't have to be a book that's written in 2016. Which book have you read in 2016 that you want to share with everyone? Which book really stood out, which one will make your top 3?

A roundabout is a type of bookring, where everyone who participates sends one of their books to the next participant. And so the book goes round until it has been with every participant and every participant has read all the books.

Here's some basic rules
1. I will compile and post a list of members who are interested. Unfortunately I will restrict this to Europe only. Shipping overseas sometimes takes a long time and with delays. Everyone who enters should be willing to ship within Europe with airmail, but I will try and group people of the same country together. Even so, I know shipping costs can be expensive, so try not to choose big hardback copies of your favourite. Also if your favourite is a 1000 page novel, maybe pick your second favourite. I will PM people to confirm the shipping order and let them know when the roundabout has started.
2. Everyone mails their favourite/special book to the next person on the list. So everyone has a new book.
3. Once you have received your book you should POST HERE to say that it has arrived (but don't say what it is to keep it a surprise for the rest!).
4. Once you have received the book you will have one month to read and send on your book. I think this is plenty of time.
5. These last two steps are repeated until everyone has read each others' books.

This way our favourite reads get the chance to touch many lives :)

I will go for a maximum of 12 participants. I would like for everyone to send their books out in the first half of January, so get your books ready. I will close this as soon as we get 12 participants. It's first come first serve, so please enter fast if you want to participate!

Important!
Because this roundabout will probably cover at least a year, please make sure you can commit. I will check your previous record on bookcrossing, and if you are a staller of books, please don't enter. I only let people in who have proven before to be reliable bookcrossers. This may sound harsh and I don't want to scare people away, but it just wouldn't be fair to the other participants if books get stalled, or people drop out. Also, this year books were sent out of order so, please only send to the same person every time.

Participants:-

1. earthcaroleanne
2. dark-draco
3. Nataliec7
4. Lamilla
5. Leahjett (being skipped - books aren't being forwarded)
6. Billbooks
7. Icila
8. LilyKip
9. Fifna
10.alexotanil
Profile Image

Yes!

Count me in again please! I've enjoyed this year's books so I'm glad we're having a new round.
Profile Image

I'd like

to play again this year. Thanks!
Profile Image
If possible, I'd like to post to the UK, but if this isn't possible, Europe is fine.
Profile Image

awesome

Sounds awesome! I would like to join in please if possible.
Profile Image
noticed this was Europe only D; ignore my previous message~
Profile Image
noticed this was Europe only D; ignore my previous message~

As we only have 8 people signed up so far and Lamilla is willing to post to NZ, I don't mind if you join. We had Catsalive join us this year and I think it worked OK. Remember, leahjett, you'll be posting airmail to Europe every month though - I don't want you scared off by the cost when it comes to it. Is everyone else OK with that?
Profile Image
Doesn't other me! But I'm not the one with the cost! I obviously would prefer UK postage but will post to Europe no problem. It's only one book a month.
Profile Image
Thank you! ;D I was gutted when I saw it was Europe only. Please count me in then ^^
Profile Image
Thank you. It's a bonus to read books I perhaps had never choosen.
Profile Image
if it makes any difference :)
Profile Image
It would be nice to get up to 12 again.

LilyKlip - there's no one else from Germany yet. Any German bookcrossers you know who would enjoy this?
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
Thank for bumping. I had planned to get this finalised this week but I became a bit distracted by other events. I don't know if you saw my other post on chit-chat but my cat went in for a straightforward dental and his heart stopped under anaesthetic. He was brought round but blind and with breathing problems. I'm glad to say both were temporary. He's more or less back to normal now but he gave me a scare. I'll get looking at the posting order following requests as much as possible.
Profile Image
Gosh what a rollercoaster! I'm so glad to hear he is back to normal now, thatt would have been terriying D; All the best for your kitties health in 2017 ^^
Profile Image
Here's my suggestion for a posting order. Let me know if you want anything changed before I update the original post.

earthcaroleanne posting to
dark-draco posting to
Nataliec7 posting to
Lamilla posting to
Leahjett posting to
Billbooks posting to
Icila posting to
LilyKip posting to
Fifna posting to
alexotanil posting to earthcaroleanne

Profile Image
I'm happy with Nataliec7 posting to me and me posting to Leahjett
Profile Image
I can post to Billbooks in Australia. No problem.
Profile Image
I can post to Billbooks in Australia. No problem.

Lamilla has already said she's happy to post to Leahjett so she could post it on to billbooks. No point it coming back to Europe too quickly.

Back from my hols so I'll get on to my proper computer tomorrow to finalise everything.
Profile Image
I'd like to join if I'm not too late naturally post everywhere
Profile Image
I'd like to join if I'm not too late naturally post everywhere

As we are not at 12 people, I have no objections, as long a no one else has.
Profile Image
Im glad I can post to you! Will shave shipping costs down hugely (:

Excited to start!
Profile Image
Everyone should have their emails by now. Please check that what I have said in the email matches what is in the original post - my brain was getting a little fuddled keeping you in the correct order. Can everyone please post their books in the next two weeks.

Looking forward to other people's favourites again.
Profile Image
ordered an English copy directly to leahjett's address
Profile Image

My book

will be sent out tomorrow.
Profile Image

RE: My book

will be sent out tomorrow.

And it has arrived here.
Profile Image
If all goes to plan, my choice will be posted out on Saturday.
Profile Image
and has arrived.
Profile Image

Selected

Selected my best book after tossing around a couple I really liked will post early next week
Profile Image
The addresses they are posting to now?
Profile Image
Goodmorning to all. I have the address and I will post the book probably on Thursday. I hope it's ok.
Profile Image
and I've received dark-draco's.
Profile Image
from earthcaroleanne.
Profile Image

My book

Will go out tomorrow.
Profile Image

:(

So I was on my way to the post office when I had a small "accident". I will spare you the details but the thing is that the book was completely destroyed. I am really sad because I had ordered the english copy months ago especially for this roundabout. It's really hard to find an english copy in greek bookstores now. So I chose my second favourite book of 2016. I am sending it tomorrow to earthcaroleanne and I hope everybody will enjoy it!
Profile Image

RE: :(

Sorry to hear that!
Hope your second choice will be equally enjoyable
Profile Image
Oh no, I hope you were OK.
Profile Image
Actually, a motorbiker tried to mug me. I fell down, the bag got torn up and thanks to the rain and the wind the book got ruined... Anyway, he didn't manage to steal anything - thank God - and I didn't get hurt so I'll just forget about it. Hope the new book arrives soon.
Profile Image
Oh wow. That's too much excitement and the wrong kind.
Profile Image

First one

My first favourite has arrived from Leahjett - along with two other rays I will get cracking on my reading
Profile Image
Fifna's choice is in my hands. Thank you.
Profile Image
I wonder is this one arrived yet, leahjett?
Profile Image
is on its way to alexotanil.
Profile Image
will be sent out to the Netherlands tomorrow.
Profile Image
will be sent out to the Netherlands tomorrow.

And it has arrived here.
Profile Image
I have Fifna's book
Profile Image
Have received Lamilla's choice via Leahjett
Profile Image
is with me now. thanks.
Profile Image
has finally arrived!
Profile Image

Finished

Have finished Lamilla's choice and will be posting shortly
Profile Image
LilyKlip's book to earthcaroleanne
Profile Image
Started reading straight away
Profile Image
My second favourite read and ready to pass on so that's Leahjett and Lamilla done
Profile Image
is with me.
Thank you once again Nataliec7 for the lovely card
Profile Image
I have LilyKlip's book
Profile Image
Fifna's and Alexotanil's choices are both being posted today - one of the books made a little detour through my Mum's hands, as she heard me raving about it and picked it off my 'to post pile'!
Profile Image
And they've arrived today, thanks!
Profile Image
And they've arrived today, thanks!

Could you please send them to me one by one? I too have two books on my hands right now :D
Profile Image
is on the way to NZ
Profile Image

Icila's book

is on its way to alexotanil.
Profile Image
has arrived here.
Profile Image
I've sent it 10.02

Did this ever arrive? Or is it taking the scenic route :)
Profile Image
will be coming to Oslo with me next week, so I can give it to alexotanil.
Profile Image
will be coming to Oslo with me next week, so I can give it to alexotanil.

Alexotanil has already read it so I have it now. I've not opened the parcel yet to give her time to make a journal entry. Plus I've still to receive my May book first.
Profile Image
will begin reading it this evening :)
Profile Image
I have Icila's book in my hands and I gave Billbook's book to earthcaroleanne.
Profile Image
will be tomorrow on its way to earthcaroleanne.
Profile Image
will be tomorrow on its way to earthcaroleanne.

Got it
Profile Image
...is somewhere between France and Germany.
Profile Image
...is somewhere between France and Germany.

It's with me now and I'm delighted! ;-)
Profile Image
Its been 3 months since Lamilla posted it to leahjett but it's not journalled so probably hasn't arrived. Dark-draco's has arrived already. Hopefully it'll turn up soon :)
Profile Image
is traveling again.
Profile Image
is traveling again.

And it has arrived here.
Profile Image
I sent you a PM, did you get it? I'm not convinced all my messages are reaching people.
Profile Image
thanks Nataliec7! :)
Profile Image
will be travelling to alexotanil tomorrow.
Profile Image
is on its way to the Netherlands.
Profile Image
is on its way to the Netherlands.

And it has arrived here.
Profile Image
is now with me. I have already read it so I will pass it on to earthcaroleanne on the next couple of days.
Profile Image
book today.
Profile Image
For 3 months.
Profile Image
is coming to leahjett via BWB
Profile Image

Problems

For some reason I cannot register the book sent originally from dark-draco though everyone else could. Hmm pasture time for me?? Anyway as it turns out I read it a few years really enjoyed so I will pass straight onto Icila
Profile Image
is travelling to alexotanil.
Profile Image

I'm ready

to send the next book to Leahjett, waiting for the ones I've sent earlier to reach her first though
Profile Image

RE: I'm ready

to send the next book to Leahjett, waiting for the ones I've sent earlier to reach her first though

So how many are now traveling from you to Leajhett, please ?
Profile Image

So how many are now traveling from you to Leajhett, please ?

By my calculations from the books I've forwarded, I think two are stalled at Leahjett and Lamilla is holding two. Maybe more are stalled but haven't been through my hands. She has already had one chance but I'm not sure even then if anything has been forwarded by her. Should we take the decision to skip her?

1 2 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.