corner corner NOW TRAVELING: Biographies of Things Book Box

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

NOW TRAVELING: Biographies of Things Book Box

Hello Everyone

Well, I have taken a break, survived surgery and the 2016 election and am ready to get back into the important things again -- for instance, this book box.

I have decided to start another round of this book box in January 2017. It may be a bit smaller than last time, in part out of concern for the cost of postage.

Let me know if you are interested in participating and where you would like to be on the distribution list. You can post your interest here or PM me or both.

As you may know, this book box was originally the creation of MaryZee, who sadly left us 4 years ago, and I have continued it in her honor. Link to MaryZee's original thread, with info on the nature of the BookBox: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/465947

2017 Participants

Elizardbreath
Eponine38
GoryDetails
Azuki
DebNance
NancyNova
Hyphen8
heartthumper
rhythmbiscuit <---box is here 07/19/2017
back to 6of8

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello Everyone

Well, I have taken a break, survived surgery and the 2016 election and am ready to get back into the important things again -- for instance, this book box.

I have decided to start another round of this book box in January 2017. It may be a bit smaller than last time, in part out of concern for the cost of postage.

Let me know if you are interested in participating and where you would like to be on the distribution list. You can post your interest here or PM me or both.

As you may know, this book box was originally the creation of MaryZee, who sadly left us 4 years ago, and I have continued it in her honor. Link to MaryZee's original thread, with info on the nature of the BookBox: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/465947

2017 Participants

Elizardbreath
Eponine38
GoryDetails
Azuki
DebNance
NancyNova
Hyphen8
heartthumper
rhythmbiscuit <---box is here 07/19/2017
back to 6of8
Profile Image
Me, me! Middle-of-list would be good. I've been saving titles for this one!
Profile Image

link?

Hello, everyone. Seems really interesting. I would like to know more details about the nature of the bookbox but I think the link you are giving is perhaps wrong (?)
Profile Image

RE: link?

Hello, everyone. Seems really interesting. I would like to know more details about the nature of the bookbox but I think the link you are giving is perhaps wrong (?)

Here's the correct link:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/465947

I suspect this will be a US-only bookbox, fwiw, as the US doesn't have a slow/cheap international postage rate anymore. [If it *is* international, I'll have to ask to mail within the US only - still haven't won that lottery yet! {wry grin}]
Profile Image

RE: link?

Sorry for the bad link. On paper/screen the two look identical, but Gory's is the correct one.

Due to the price of shipping, the book box will have to be US only.
HOWEVER, I would be willing to make arrangements with potential participants outside the US. In the past, I have sent a list of the books in a book box to a distant BookCrosser for them to select one or two and I have mailed the selected books to them. Then, when their contributions arrived, I moved the box along.
Anyone interested in such an arrangement should send me a PM, preferably before January 1, so that all the swaps can be made in time to move the box out.
Profile Image

thanks

Thank you for the link. I had a look to the details. Seems really interesting but I am not so into non-fiction and it would be a shame to put you through so much trouble with arrangements and shipping outside the US. So please do not count me in. Good luck to your bookbox and I trust that all the participants will enjoy it. :)
Profile Image

Glad you're doing better.

I'll take a look at what I've got - most likely I've got a bunch of TBRs so I'll need to get cracking.
Profile Image
but I am glad you are well.

I hop into this thread to sign up, but am happy to see my name on the list already! Look forward to the box!
Profile Image
maybe towards the end.

Didn't realize you were having surgery, but am so glad you are well!
Profile Image

Anyone else?

Also, does anyone currently on the list have a request to change their position?

Let me know.

Aiming for a mid-Jan start.
Profile Image
Yes, please...and THANK YOU, 6of8!!! : D

I have some books to register with a few titles that would fit quite nicely into this Special Bookbox. Any position good for your mailing order will be just fine for me.
Profile Image
Hello Everyone

2017 Participants

Elizardbreath
Eponine38
GoryDetails
Azuki
DebNance
Hyphen8
BOOKWORMINUSALL

Profile Image

Any objections

To the current mailing order, as set forth above?
It was not created by any design and can be rearranged as need be.
Weigh in here please.
Profile Image
Works for me: I have "homework" to do before the box gets here.
Profile Image

On its way

I sent out the box at noon today.

Tracking number 9549010423167020061497
Expected delivery date is 01/26/2017
Profile Image
Middle to end would be good. One ready, but that will give me time to pull and read more!
Profile Image
I sent the box to eponine38 yesterday.

Tracking: 9549010712577030051257
Profile Image
I'll read something appropriate. That is, not a romance. Lol!
Profile Image
Sure. I will put you at the end to give you the time you need.
Profile Image
I hope to get it moving in about a week. :-)
Profile Image
Got the box from eponine38 today - many thanks! Will try and make my choices and get it moving soon. Will post the details in the bookbox journal ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12066669 ).
Profile Image
I put the box in the mail to Azuki today; hope it travels safely, and that everyone enjoys the selection. I posted the tracking info and my choices and replacements in a bookbox-journal JE ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12066669 ).
Profile Image
May I be added to the end? I live in Colorado. Thanks!
Profile Image
Sure thing. Adding you now.
Profile Image
Strangely, one of the books I set aside for this box is already in there. What were the chances of that?

So, it will dally in PA for a few weeks while I read a different replacement. PM'g next in line, so I have the shipping info ready.
Profile Image
Strangely, one of the books I set aside for this box is already in there. What were the chances of that?

This is one of the reasons why I like seeing what people are putting in and taking out - for instance, one of my TBRs was in the box, but it was removed, so maybe I'll put another copy in..

So, it will dally in PA for a few weeks while I read a different replacement. PM'g next in line, so I have the shipping info ready.

I replied..but am still reading books for the box myself. :)
Profile Image
Don't stress about any time line on my account, folks. I am all for a leisurely circuit of the book box as long as folks are able to enjoy it and find something new to read in it. Most people say "2 weeks" stay for a book box, but as long as the box moves on, that is what I care about. :)
Profile Image
Don't stress about any time line on my account, folks. I am all for a leisurely circuit of the book box as long as folks are able to enjoy it and find something new to read in it. Most people say "2 weeks" stay for a book box, but as long as the box moves on, that is what I care about. :)

The replacements are read. Now to get back from vacation to pack up the box - sometime late next week.
Profile Image
Selections chosen and replacements read. Packed up and ready for some time in Hawaii.
Profile Image
Selections chosen and replacements read. Packed up and ready for some time in Hawaii.

Now enroute to Hawaii
Tracking #: 9549013918127135127819
Profile Image
The tracking number doesn't seem to work for me, but that's pretty good time for a media mail box to Hawaii: 3 weeks or longer is the norm.
Profile Image
Tracking number in the journal entry for the shuttle book:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12066669
Profile Image
I'm trying to make up my mind! Will mail to the next person next week when I get an address!
Profile Image
I'll update the journal book with my selections. Thanks!
Profile Image
I mailed the box back to 6of8.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.