corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter J

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter J

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter J to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another J-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

perryfran
jmsmom
ravencat
Southernfryed
MmeClinton
Suezq60
raralovestoread - asked to skip
booklady331
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
Meekachu07
heartthumper
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
devon612 - asked to skip
BOOKWORMINUSALL
me
---
* cheli-garza

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter J to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another J-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

perryfran
jmsmom
ravencat
Southernfryed
MmeClinton
Suezq60
raralovestoread - asked to skip
booklady331
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
Meekachu07
heartthumper
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
devon612 - asked to skip
BOOKWORMINUSALL
me
---
* cheli-garza

Profile Image
perryfran, you're up first. PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
Received the J authors today. I am selecting "Know-It-All" by A.J. Jacobs. I will contact jmsmom and try to get these back in the mail early next week (if the lines at the Post Office aren't too long!). Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Profile Image
...so this will be in tomorrow's mail to jmsmom. :)

Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...
Profile Image
...so this will be in tomorrow's mail to jmsmom. :)

Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I chose Savannah or a Gift for Mr. Lincoln by John Jakes.

Books sent this morning.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose Savannah or a Gift for Mr. Lincoln by John Jakes.

Books sent this morning.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
Books arrived and will message next in line. I have chosen "Kindness Goes Unpunished" by Craig Johnson.
Profile Image
Books on the way to Southernfryed.

USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2522 7007 0641 17
Profile Image
Books on the way to Southernfryed.

USPS Tracking# 9549 0100 2522 7007 0641 17

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I'm taking out ON THE RUN by Iris Johansen and pming MmeClinton for address.
Profile Image
Package arrived from Southernfryed on Saturday! Am taking out Pandora's Daughter by Iris Johansen. Finishing up my J book and will contact Suezq60 for address so this can continue on early next week!
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
The K-Authors will be starting soon! Get ready!

Profile Image
I have finished my book with a J author and am adding it to the traveling package; I will mail it out this Tuesday to Suezyq60! Happy reading!
Profile Image
I have finished my book with a J author and am adding it to the traveling package; I will mail it out this Tuesday to Suezyq60! Happy reading!

Thanks, MmeClinton!

Profile Image
The books arrived safe and sound. I will choose one and send them on their way to raralovestoread this week. Thanks!

SueZQ
Profile Image
raralovestoread has asked to be skipped so I'm moving on to booklady331. Happy Monday!
Profile Image
I have chosen "A Map of Betrayal" by Ha Jin and sent the books on their way. Tracking number :9549 0104 2392 7035 0669 82
Profile Image
I have chosen "A Map of Betrayal" by Ha Jin and sent the books on their way. Tracking number :9549 0104 2392 7035 0669 82

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I've decided to take it happened at Christmas by penny Jordan
Http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14387446
I will mail the books off to the next person later this week
Profile Image
picked Deadly Sexy. I'll get the books out again soon.
Profile Image

Books

have been mailed
Profile Image
have been mailed

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I have chosen "backseat saints" by Joshilyn Jackson.

I will PM the next on the list to get the address and then mail them asap.
Profile Image
They are on their way to Meekachu07.
Profile Image
They are on their way to Meekachu07.

Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I selected "Courting Justice" by Brenda Jackson....PMing next in line
Profile Image

Update

I have the address of the next participant, but I won't be able to ship til Monday
Profile Image
I have the address of the next participant, but I won't be able to ship til Monday

No problem. Thanks for letting us know!

Profile Image
This will ship tomorrow
Profile Image
This will ship tomorrow

OK, thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I am choosing Long Time Gone by J.A. Jance. I will contact the next person in line and get it mailed out. Thanks for including me!

Edit: My daughter just came by and begged for the other "J" book. Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Jansson. Sorry for the delay while I track down a second "J" book. Who can say no to a 38 year old child??? Her comment was "Mom, It's like you reading the Hobbit." REALLY?????
Profile Image
Profile Image

Thanks, heartthumper!

Profile Image
PM'g the next in line
Profile Image

Hi! Would I be able to join the next round? Thanks :)
Profile Image
Hi! Would I be able to join the next round? Thanks :)

Sure - I'll add you now. Welcome to BookCrossing!

While you're waiting for your turn, be sure to start registering & releasing some books, & get a feel for the site.

Glad to have you with us!

Profile Image
... by Jann Jansen
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12596006

Added my own book, and now I'm going to contact BookLovinMama for their address and then send the package off!
Profile Image
... USPS Tracking Number 9549 0265 2996 7115 0143 22

Happy traveling, Jays!!
Profile Image
... USPS Tracking Number 9549 0265 2996 7115 0143 22

Happy traveling, Jays!!

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I am struggling with which one I want to keep as I want to read them both! I will message the next in line for a mailing address and decide.

As I'm just south of St. Louis and we have quite a bit of flood waters at the moment (school was actually canceled for tomorrow), it might be closer to two weeks before I can post the books.
Profile Image
I am struggling with which one I want to keep as I want to read them both! I will message the next in line for a mailing address and decide.

As I'm just south of St. Louis and we have quite a bit of flood waters at the moment (school was actually canceled for tomorrow), it might be closer to two weeks before I can post the books.

OK, BLM. Thanks for the update, & stay safe!

Profile Image
devon612 asked to be skipped this round. BOOKWORMINUSALL is next in line. I already have the mailing address.

I am keeping Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs.
Profile Image
devon612 asked to be skipped this round. BOOKWORMINUSALL is next in line. I already have the mailing address.

I am keeping Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs.

OK, thanks, BookLovinMama.

Profile Image
Tracking: 9549 0134 7543 7140 1136 30
Profile Image
I'll PM you for your address iwillrejoice. These will go out as soon as I have it. Thank you for organizing, and including me in, your Bookring!!! : )
Profile Image
I'll PM you for your address iwillrejoice. These will go out as soon as I have it. Thank you for organizing, and including me in, your Bookring!!! : )

I'll wait for your PM, BOOKWORMINUSALL. :-)

Profile Image
I'll wait for your PM, BOOKWORMINUSALL. :-)

HAHAHAHAHA!!! : D Just sent it off and came back to add that I haven't Journaled the books yet, as I just received them, but will do so before the end of the night. ; ) If I hear from you yet tonight, they will go out tomorrow, as I was not able to get to the Post Office today, and absolutely MUST tomorrow. ; )
Profile Image
If I hear from you yet tonight, they will go out tomorrow, as I was not able to get to the Post Office today, and absolutely MUST tomorrow. ; )

PM sent. Thanks!

Profile Image
Well, I did get a Journal Entry made for both books, however, it IS a bit past midnight. ; ) I'm not going to list them here, because I want you to be surprised!!! : ) I DID receive your PM, so they will start their Journey Home to you tomorrow...er, I guess that's today now ; D...in the same little box they arrived in (I've already got it packed and ready to go, as it's the PERfect size!!! : ) I'm not concerned that I didn't find one this time round. There will be others. I just think the one I had set aside and ready to put in, isn't near as exciting for a mystery lover like you to read, as the one I'm leaving in...THE PLOT THICKENS...don't you just LOVE IT?!?!? : D
Profile Image
Expected Delivery Day via Media Mail is Tuesday 6 June 2017
Tracking #9549012652487151122220
Profile Image
Expected Delivery Day via Media Mail is Tuesday 6 June 2017
Tracking #9549012652487151122220

Thanks, BOOKWORMINUSALL.

Profile Image
Safe & dry despite the rainy weather! I received Ambush of the Mountain Man by William W. Johnstone & Chosen to Die by Lisa Jackson. And some labels, stickers, & bookmarks -- Thank you!

So, this concludes the J-Authors book ring. Thanks for taking part, everybody!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.