corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter T

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter T

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter T to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 T-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another T-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

mrsjones
Meekachu07
LynnGorman
jmsmom
perryfran
Suezq60
BooksandMusic
BooksnBeer
ravencat
tabby-cat-owner
innae - no response
heartthumper
raralovestoread - asked to be skipped
NancyNova
booklady331
Southernfryed
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter T to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 T-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another T-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

mrsjones
Meekachu07
LynnGorman
jmsmom
perryfran
Suezq60
BooksandMusic
BooksnBeer
ravencat
tabby-cat-owner
innae - no response
heartthumper
raralovestoread - asked to be skipped
NancyNova
booklady331
Southernfryed
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
me

Profile Image
PM'ing mrsjones now...

Profile Image
I chose Tulip Fever. It's been on my wishlist for a while. Thanks!
Profile Image
I will select "Tiles & Tribulations" by Tamar Myers....PMing next in line, it may take a few days to hear back from them
Profile Image
I have the address of the next participant and books are packaged up and will ship Monday
Profile Image
I have the address of the next participant and books are packaged up and will ship Monday

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image

T books

actually arrived last week. I have been in the hospital so I do apologize for the delay!! I'm keeping "Trouble with Lichen" & PMing next on the list.
Profile Image
actually arrived last week. I have been in the hospital so I do apologize for the delay!! I'm keeping "Trouble with Lichen" & PMing next on the list.

Hope you're feeling better, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
mailed last Thurs, Dec. 15th. I forgot to post with all the hustle and bustle of the season!!
Profile Image
mailed last Thurs, Dec. 15th. I forgot to post with all the hustle and bustle of the season!!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I kept the truth about forever by Sarah Dessen.

Ring is back on its way.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I kept the truth about forever by Sarah Dessen.

Ring is back on its way.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
These arrived today...really fast! Anyway, I have already read one of them so I will keep the other: The Temple of My Familiar by Alice Walker. I have already received Suezq60's address so I will most likely get these back in the mail tomorrow.

Edit: printed label. Tracking:

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...
Profile Image
The T books arrived safely! I will pick one and get them on their way to BooksandMusic within the next couple of days.

SueZQ60
Profile Image

T Books

I have chosen "Tricky Business" by Dave Barry. I will send the books back on their way on Friday.

Sue ZQ60
Profile Image
I have chosen "Tricky Business" by Dave Barry. I will send the books back on their way on Friday.

Sue ZQ60

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I've read them both. Making a decision about what to do but can't mail out until Tuesday so I will let you know then what I'm going to do.
Profile Image
both on as is. I should be able to mail them by Friday.
Profile Image

Mailed

to BooksnBeer.
Profile Image
to BooksnBeer.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
It's been out of touch since January 26, & I'm getting a bit worried. BooksnBeer, did they ever arrive?

Profile Image

T Books

Books received. Sorry about the delay. I was out of town for awhile.

I will be selecting - Tombstone Courage by JA Jance

I am PMing next in the list.
Profile Image
Books received. Sorry about the delay. I was out of town for awhile.

I will be selecting - Tombstone Courage by JA Jance

I am PMing next in the list.

OK, great. Thanks.

Profile Image
This is in the mail - tracking number 9549 0129 9128 7069 1103 11
Profile Image
This is in the mail - tracking number 9549 0129 9128 7069 1103 11

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
Books arrived and will be passing on both as I have already read them. PM next in line.
Profile Image
Books in mail USPS Tracking # 9549 0100 2524 7074 1128 32
Profile Image
Books in mail USPS Tracking # 9549 0100 2524 7074 1128 32

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I have chosen "All Together Dead" by Charlaine Harris. It is not the kind of book that I normally read. I will find a new home for it.

I will mail the "T" books on asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner.

Profile Image
I have chosen The Tale of Genji - Lady Murasaki. Messaging the next in line.
Profile Image
I will message the next in line.
Profile Image
I will message the next in line.

OK, thanks for the update, heartthumper.

Profile Image
and since I already read one of them, that makes the choice easy.

PM'g next in line, but will not get to post until late next week, due to travel
Profile Image
and since I already read one of them, that makes the choice easy.

PM'g next in line, but will not get to post until late next week, due to travel

OK, thanks NancyNova!

Profile Image
enroute to Florida
Profile Image
enroute to Florida

Thanks, NancyNova!

P.S. What did you pick?

Profile Image
enroute to Florida

Thanks, NancyNova!

P.S. What did you pick?

Tempest in a Teapot http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13456043

Tracking # 9549013918127135127833
Profile Image
I have read both of the books. I am going to keep Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier as I liked this book the best of the two. I will find a new reader.

PMed the next person
Profile Image
I'm choosing The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger because I 've already read the other book. Pming Dove-i-libri for address. Hope to get it moving later this week.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
... I'm looking forward to sharing it when Booklady 331 has her 'Christmas in July' challenge!

I've already added my book and wrapped them. Will send to BookLovinMama for her address and send the books as soon as possible!!
Profile Image
USPS Tracking Number 9114 9014 9646 1310 1016 00
Profile Image
However, as we leave for vacation tomorrow, I will share my pick when we get back. My plan is to mail them by July 8th.
Profile Image
Should be able to mail them next week. Thought I was going to be able to finish it on vacation.
Profile Image
Should be able to mail them next week. Thought I was going to be able to finish it on vacation.

Thanks for the update, BookLovinMama.

Profile Image
I selected Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith.

Tracking number: 9549 0134 7544 7213 0892 74
Profile Image
I selected Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith.

Tracking number: 9549 0134 7544 7213 0892 74

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
I received Triggerfish Twist by Tim Dorsey & Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the T-book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.