corner corner UK Wrap It Up Bookbox Round 2

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

UK Wrap It Up Bookbox Round 2

This will be a small bookbox containing a selection of books. The box will start with a minimum of 4 books or how many I can fit in under 2kg! They will be of different genres and authors. They will all be covered somehow and the first line written or taped to the outside of the package.

When its your turn, you choose books based on the first line and add your own wrapped books to the box with the 1st line on the outside. Please post here and let other people know what your first line and book was.

You then post the box on to the next person and it goes on until the box returns to me. Please try to move the box within a month please. This should be enough time to make your choices and get the box back on its way.

As with normal bookbox's, please put books in that are in good condition. You can wrap the book in whatever you have to hand - Spare wrapping paper, newspaper, brown paper or whatever you have to hand as long as the books are obscured. Write or tape the 1st line of the book to the outside of the book and the PM the next person for their address. Please keep at least 4 books in the box to allow other people to have a good choice to choose from.

And lastly enjoy! I think this bookbox will allow people to read books that they wouldn't normally read or introduce them to new authors.

Please post here if this sounds like something that you interest you. This will start 1st December

Participants
Plum-crazy
Sparkish
Yorkshire-lass
Ythan
3vie
DerbyshireE11
Flutterbies9
Silver-greece
Caroline-m
Strigulino
Nataliec7 <------Box is here 25/6/17

Round 2:
Mysteriousmummy
Foreternity
lmarshall89
*3vie
*Yorkshire-lass
*Plum-crazy
*Flutterbies9
kisses-cuddles
caroline-m

Complete Thread

Profile Image

This will be a small bookbox containing a selection of books. The box will start with a minimum of 4 books or how many I can fit in under 2kg! They will be of different genres and authors. They will all be covered somehow and the first line written or taped to the outside of the package.

When its your turn, you choose books based on the first line and add your own wrapped books to the box with the 1st line on the outside. Please post here and let other people know what your first line and book was.

You then post the box on to the next person and it goes on until the box returns to me. Please try to move the box within a month please. This should be enough time to make your choices and get the box back on its way.

As with normal bookbox's, please put books in that are in good condition. You can wrap the book in whatever you have to hand - Spare wrapping paper, newspaper, brown paper or whatever you have to hand as long as the books are obscured. Write or tape the 1st line of the book to the outside of the book and the PM the next person for their address. Please keep at least 4 books in the box to allow other people to have a good choice to choose from.

And lastly enjoy! I think this bookbox will allow people to read books that they wouldn't normally read or introduce them to new authors.

Please post here if this sounds like something that you interest you. This will start 1st December

Participants
Plum-crazy
Sparkish
Yorkshire-lass
Ythan
3vie
DerbyshireE11
Flutterbies9
Silver-greece
Caroline-m
Strigulino
Nataliec7 <------Box is here 25/6/17

Round 2:
Mysteriousmummy
Foreternity
lmarshall89
*3vie
*Yorkshire-lass
*Plum-crazy
*Flutterbies9
kisses-cuddles
caroline-m
Profile Image
You're in!
Profile Image
Just have decide what kind of wrapping paper to use.
Profile Image
I'm hoping to get this started the first week in December, I know, I know its Christmas but what better than a surprise book!
Hoping for at least 6 participants, come on people! :)
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image

Sounds fun

Count me in please 👍
Profile Image
You're in!
Profile Image

Bump!!

Profile Image
Yes please, sounds like fun!
Profile Image
You're in. Thanks for joining.
Profile Image
Yes, why not go for this one? Please can I join? I've not heard of this before (but I'm not going through the Forum that often either!) and could do with a diversion before Christmas!! to take my mind off other problems I've got; and I'm reading a storm at the moment with this cold bug I've got as well.
Profile Image
You're in. Thanks for joining!
Profile Image
Thanks! Made note of this so I don't forget.
Profile Image
Please count me in, if possible. Based in London.
Thanks!
Profile Image
I'd love to join in too if I can still be added? Thanks!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining!
Profile Image
Join I would really like to join if it is possible thank you
Profile Image
HDeaton27 - unfortunately this is a Uk only bookbox
Profile Image
Looks fun! Count me in.
Profile Image
This is ready to go very soon!
Profile Image
Going to be fun choosing....
Profile Image

Arrived!

And books chosen 😀 Good fun. Will be on it's way again soon x
Profile Image

Question

Just to clarify a bit about this one - do we just replace one book, or can it be more than one as long as we fill the box back up?
Profile Image
Just to clarify a bit about this one - do we just replace one book, or can it be more than one as long as we fill the box back up?

You can take as many books and replace them with as many that will fit in the box keeping it below 2kg for cheap postage. Once there are a minimum of 4 books in the box to keep the selection good for the next person.
BUT...
As you are the person before me (the bookbox owner), I am happy to have less books back, so if you find that you like lots of books and only want to send 3 back to me that would be fine. Hope this helps!
Profile Image
It should be on it way soon hopefully.
Profile Image
Have just messaged Flutterbies9 for her address, which I thought I'd already done, but can't find....!
Profile Image
Is it still possible to sign up for this?
Profile Image
If it's not too late to sign up
Profile Image
Thanks all for waiting patiently.
Profile Image
Please may I join in on this sounds great fun :)
Profile Image
I am interested in joining if this is still travelling
Profile Image
You can join round 2!
Profile Image
As well please
Profile Image

Moving soon

Sorry about the delay everyone. I've had a mad time at work recently. Not much time for reading. I'd slightly misunderstood this one too - I thought we had to keep the box until we'd read the ones we wanted to read and wrap them up again. My bad. I've picked 3 books out to read and am getting the next 3 wrapped and sorted out so I'll contact the next in line and get it moving. Thanks for your patience!
Profile Image

Its home.

Round 2 will be starting in a couple of months. Feel free to sign up now and I'll keep informed of when it will begin.
Profile Image
You have been added!
Profile Image
;o)
Profile Image
Added :)
Profile Image
and the return home of my other wrap it up bookbox, I am happy to restart this little bookbox!

Are the original round 2 participants still interested? Also any other interested people. I have started the preparation of the books so should be ready in a couple of weeks.
Profile Image
:-)
Profile Image

Yes please

Profile Image
I would like to join
Profile Image
I would like to rejoin this box again thanks.

I found this box was great at making me think what a book might be (even though I'd read the first two (I think it was two, could have been three) I tried last time!) and even more fun finding intriguing first sentences to put on the outside of a replacement that weighed just enough to fit under the 2kg.
Looking forward to it already.
Profile Image
Excellent and welcome!
Just getting the last books together to start it in the next few weeks.
Profile Image
I'm happy to rejoin when the box starts up again :)
Profile Image
Moving/house issues = books in storage!

Hopefully moving soon -fingers crossed!
Profile Image
hi,
can I please join in? I love the sound of this! I notice there is no journal entries here, I guess they go to the actual book BCID page? also do you keep the book that you pick out?
Profile Image
hi,
can I please join in? I love the sound of this! I notice there is no journal entries here, I guess they go to the actual book BCID page? also do you keep the book that you pick out?

You are more than welcome to join. Yes you would go to the book box BCID page to journal receiving the box and then journal any books you keep. You could do whatever you want to with the books you take out. Replace with as many as required and send the box on.
As you can tell there is a bit of a delay as my books are presently in storage due to moving. But it will be on the way soon enough!
Profile Image
If you're still taking sign ups? Thanks!
Profile Image
Of course you can!

There is still a delay here! One I can only apologise for due to the moving house situation.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.