corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter I

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter I

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter I to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another I-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
Meekachu07
NancyNova
katiesmama - asked to skip
heartthumper
Southernfryed
ravencat
tabby-cat-owner
BooksandMusic
perryfran
booklady331
raralovestoread - asked to skip
Suezq60
Dove-i-libri
MmeClinton
devon612
BOOKWORMINUSALL
BookLovinMama
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter I to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another I-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
Meekachu07
NancyNova
katiesmama - asked to skip
heartthumper
Southernfryed
ravencat
tabby-cat-owner
BooksandMusic
perryfran
booklady331
raralovestoread - asked to skip
Suezq60
Dove-i-libri
MmeClinton
devon612
BOOKWORMINUSALL
BookLovinMama
cheli-garza
me

Profile Image
PM'ing jmsmom now to confirm she's ready...

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING # 9449 0096 9993 9327 1715 46

Profile Image
I chose Long Time No See by Susan Isaacs and books are on their way.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose Long Time No See by Susan Isaacs and books are on their way.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
Can I still join?

Yes, if you live in the US.

Profile Image
Books arrived...I selected "A Widow For One Year" by John Irving.
Profile Image

Books

Will ship tomorrow
Profile Image

RE: Books

Will ship tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I chose Murder on the Eiffel Tower by Claude Izner

PM'g next in line
Profile Image
katiesmama asked to be skipped. PM'ing heartthumper
Profile Image
PM'd heartthumper again. If no answer, will move to the next in line.
Profile Image
I have chosen Blood Memory by Greg Iles. Will send PM to Southernfryed. Thanks!
Profile Image
I chose And After Many Days by Jowhor Ile because the other book is already on Mount Toobie. pmin ravencat for address.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
Books arrived and will not be choosing from this selection as I have read both. Will pass along as soon as I have next in line's address.
Profile Image
Books on the way to tabby-cat-owner USPS Tracking# 9549 0138 9911 6347 0637 69...Happy Holidays!!
Profile Image
Books on the way to tabby-cat-owner USPS Tracking# 9549 0138 9911 6347 0637 69...Happy Holidays!!

Thanks, ravencat! And, Happy Holidays to you, as well!

Profile Image
I will try to mail them to the next person asap. I will let you know later what book I picked.
Profile Image
The "I" author books are on their way to booksandmusic.

The book that I chose was Atonement by Ian McEwan.
Profile Image
The "I" author books are on their way to booksandmusic.

The book that I chose was Atonement by Ian McEwan.

Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
And I am prepared. I am choosing Long Time No See by Susan Isaacs. I've already read the other choice. I'll get them out again tomorrow.
Profile Image
And I am prepared. I am choosing Long Time No See by Susan Isaacs. I've already read the other choice. I'll get them out again tomorrow.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image

Books

are in the mail.
Profile Image
I am selecting "Tales of the Alhambra" by Washington Irving. I already have a copy of the other book. I will contact next in line and get these moving again ASAP.

Thanks!
Profile Image
I am picking Tom Mix and Pancho Villa by Clifford Irving
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11202685

I have read the other book, so it will continue on it's journey. PMing the next person on the list.
Profile Image
right now so I will PM the next person on the list.
Profile Image
right now so I will PM the next person on the list.

OK, thanks, booklady331.

Profile Image
I received the "I" books yesterday. I don't have an "I" author handy so will get one and get them back on their way soon. Not sure yet which book I am keeping but will let you know.
Profile Image
I have chosen The World According to Garp by John Irving, I will get them in the mail tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Profile Image
I have chosen The World According to Garp by John Irving, I will get them in the mail tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
the I Books were mailed on Friday, tracking #9549-0103-6407-7048-0345-27
Profile Image
the I Books were mailed on Friday, tracking #9549-0103-6407-7048-0345-27

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
... and have added my own book.

Just letting MmeClinton know that the books are on their way, and will mail them on Thurs 2/23.
Profile Image
... and have added my own book.

Just letting MmeClinton know that the books are on their way, and will mail them on Thurs 2/23.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
Tracking says these were delivered on 3/1. MmeClinton? Did you receive them OK?

Profile Image
Received the books today. I chose Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving. I will send them out on Saturday.
Profile Image
Received the books today. I chose Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving. I will send them out on Saturday.

Thanks, devon612!

Profile Image
Package was by my door last night, so it arrived some time yesterday while I was "on the road" from East Mesa to Downtown Phoenix to South Gilbert, back to Downtown Phoenix before returning to East Mesa about 8pm last night to try to get Veteran's most recent health care issue resolved. Have paperwork, record retrieval, and more appointments to set up today, but hope to be able to open the package somewhere in between to see which books have arrived, which one I will choose, and get it sent off as quickly as I can. May be a few days, but it's safe here with me. ; )
Profile Image
The "I"s are still here, and will go out on Monday to BookLovinMama, who is next in line. I will be Journalling them shortly, and will send the "H" envelope inside the box the "I"s came in, as the box is rather large for two books, and had a lot of stuffing, so it will easily hold all four books. I posted an apology in the "H" book Forum a little bit ago. ; ) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8913767

P.S. One box for both may well make it easier for BookLovinMama to send the "H"'s and "I"s as one parcel to cheli-garza, too...as she is next in line for both just in front of YOU, iwillrejoice!!! You may want to PM her for her address now, BookLovinMama. ; ) I will post the tracking # once I have it. ; )
Profile Image
Both books received two weeks ago, have now been Journalled, and I have chosen Magic Hour by Susan Isaacs http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14398372
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549012652517101106915
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549012652517101106915

Thanks, BOOKWORMINUSALL!

Profile Image
Thanks for sending the books along BOOKWORMINUSALL!

For the I Author, I'm keeping A Widow for One Year by john Irving. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14449672

Books will be placed in the mail by Saturday, maybe sooner if I can make it to the post office.
Profile Image
Thanks for sending the books along BOOKWORMINUSALL!

For the I Author, I'm keeping A Widow for One Year by john Irving. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14449672

Books will be placed in the mail by Saturday, maybe sooner if I can make it to the post office.

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
USPS Tracking 9549013475427112115120
Profile Image
USPS Tracking 9549013475427112115120

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
I'll send them on their way as soon as I can. :)
Profile Image
32 days and counting...

Profile Image
I received Before I Melt Away by Isabel Sharpe & My Movie Business by John Irving. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the I-Author book ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.