corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter S

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter S

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter S to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 S-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another S-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

Meekachu07
perryfran
jmsmom
Aberpeter -- asked to skip
Southernfryed
LynnGorman
ravencat
katiesmama
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
mrsjones
innae
Suezq60
booklady331
raralovestoread
heartthumper
BooksnBeer
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
me
---
* cheli-garza

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter S to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 S-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another S-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

Meekachu07
perryfran
jmsmom
Aberpeter -- asked to skip
Southernfryed
LynnGorman
ravencat
katiesmama
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
mrsjones
innae
Suezq60
booklady331
raralovestoread
heartthumper
BooksnBeer
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
me
---
* cheli-garza

Profile Image
PM'ing Meekachu07 now...

Profile Image
Tracking # 9449 0096 9993 9287 1512 99

Happy picking!

Profile Image
I am selecting "Shadow Men" by Jonathan King...PMing next in line
Profile Image
Will ship tomorrow
Profile Image
Will ship tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I will select Storm Prey by John Sandford. I already have a copy of the other book. Will PM the next in line and get these moving again ASAP. Thanks!
Profile Image
I chose Six Years by Harlan Coben. Aberpeter asked to be skipped so books are on their way to southernfryed.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose Six Years by Harlan Coben. Aberpeter asked to be skipped so books are on their way to southernfryed.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I'm choosing Swimming with the Dead by Kathy Brandt as I've already read the other book. Pming LynnGorman for address.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I am keeping Saturday by Ian McEwan & am PMing the next in line. :)
Profile Image
I'm sorry for the delay but the S books are in the mail.
Tracking #9114 9999 4431 4077 2078 57
Profile Image
I'm sorry for the delay but the S books are in the mail.
Tracking #9114 9999 4431 4077 2078 57

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
Books arrived and I have chosen Sensible Shoes by Sharon Garlough Brown. Books will be moving as soon as I get katiesmama address.
Profile Image
Books arrived and I have chosen Sensible Shoes by Sharon Garlough Brown. Books will be moving as soon as I get katiesmama address.

Books on the way to katiesmama via USPS # 9549 0100 2523 6319 0714 09
Profile Image

Books on the way to katiesmama via USPS # 9549 0100 2523 6319 0714 09

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Choosing Stella Bain by Anita Shreve (a favorite author). Will PM Booksandmusic and hope I don't mess this up with the R books going to Booksnbeer LOL!!!!!
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6331 0834 72
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6331 0834 72

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
on the S books. Must be the holiday mail traffic.
Profile Image
Profile Image

USPS tracking says it was delivered to your mailbox 12/6 at 2:33pm. You might need to call your local post office if it wasn't.

Profile Image
They sure were NOT delivered yesterday. I will call the post office.
Profile Image
Now,well I guess it isn't Scottish anymore. Just junk mail yesterday and no mail at all today. I will have to visit PO in person and ask. I thought I would give it one more day, but no books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Profile Image
Sorry, BooksandMusic. I've got the same situation here. Sure miss Juanita!

You might want to check with your neighbors, as well as speaking to your postmaster. Also, there's a link on the usps.com website for help finding missing packages.

In the meantime, I'll start reading S-books to get this started again.

Profile Image
Now,well I guess it isn't Scottish anymore. Just junk mail yesterday and no mail at all today. I will have to visit PO in person and ask. I thought I would give it one more day, but no books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...
Profile Image
time to go to the PO yet! I will look and see if I have another S book so I can restart it. I will get to the PO, I just have a busy schedule right now and the lines at the PO are outrageous.
Profile Image
time to go to the PO yet! I will look and see if I have another S book so I can restart it. I will get to the PO, I just have a busy schedule right now and the lines at the PO are outrageous.

I always just phone.

But, I see that there's something going on with that tracking number. It now says that it's departed Federal Way, WA on 12/9 at 12:19pm. So, there may still be hope.

Profile Image
But, I see that there's something going on with that tracking number. It now says that it's departed Federal Way, WA on 12/9 at 12:19pm. So, there may still be hope.

Now it's back in Seattle. Maybe it'll take another run at it!

Profile Image
Why would it have gone to Federal Way??? That is way south of here, near the airport. Also we got no mail on Friday or Saturday, but Saturday night at 8 PM we heard someone come on the porch and deposit mail in the box. We were too slow to see who it might be but it seems unlikely that PO staff is delivering mail at 8 PM on a Saturday night. My guess is a neighbor who got our mail delivered in their box. Until I understand what is going on I am going to have the PO hold all my mail and I will pick it up. There is a missing Amazon order as well.
Profile Image
It looks like it may have been misaddressed. It now shows it as being forwarded with this note:

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 8:26 am on December 10, 2016 in SEATTLE, WA. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect
Profile Image
What would you like me to do Iwillrejoice? I can just wait or restart with 2 new S books.
Profile Image
What would you like me to do Iwillrejoice? I can just wait or restart with 2 new S books.

Well, if you don't mind waiting, I can read a couple S-books & send them to you. But it might be after the holidays, at this point.

Profile Image

Waiting

No problem
Profile Image
No problem

OK, then. I'll see what I can put together.

Profile Image
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Notice Left (No Secure Location Available)
FORT MYERS, FL 33919

Looks like it was returned to katiesmama so maybe it can be resent with the correct address?

Here's tracking info:
Profile Image
Looks like it was returned to katiesmama so maybe it can be resent with the correct address?

That would be nice...

Profile Image
I haven't been following this thread. I just sent Booksandmusic a PM asking for her address again and we'll do a re-do. I got home from traveling earlier this week to find a note from USPS that I've got a parcel at the post office. I can't get there until Saturday since they're closed by the time I get out of work. But I'm guessing these books are what's waiting for me. I'll take a new envelope with me when I go and get these back out.
Profile Image
I haven't been following this thread. I just sent Booksandmusic a PM asking for her address again and we'll do a re-do. I got home from traveling earlier this week to find a note from USPS that I've got a parcel at the post office. I can't get there until Saturday since they're closed by the time I get out of work. But I'm guessing these books are what's waiting for me. I'll take a new envelope with me when I go and get these back out.

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
Hopefully, the second time around will work better!
tracking 9549 0144 0328 6366 1146 20
Profile Image
Hopefully, the second time around will work better!
tracking 9549 0144 0328 6366 1146 20

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image

Yay!

I have the S books! I am prepared. I have chosen Something Borrowed, Someone Dead by M.C. Beaton. I've already read the other choice. I'll be mailing them off tomorrow.
Profile Image
I have the S books! I am prepared. I have chosen Something Borrowed, Someone Dead by M.C. Beaton. I've already read the other choice. I'll be mailing them off tomorrow.

Yay! Thanks, katiesmama & BooksandMusic!

Profile Image

Books

are in the mail.
Profile Image
I have chosen, "Shinju" by Laura Joh Rowland, http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/12439579/.

I will contact the next person on the list and mail the books asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I'm taking The Small Woman.

Will PM innae for an address.
Profile Image
Will mail the books out by Friday. Thanks!
Profile Image
Will mail the books out by Friday. Thanks!

Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
I am not really interested in either book, so I am choosing the heavier of the two to release later -- 7th Heaven by James Patterson.

I will get the books mailed off as soon as I have Suezq60's addy.
Profile Image
Yes, it is a holiday, but I took advantage of the self-service kiosks and got the books headed to Suezq60 --

tracking # 9500 1000 2784 7051 0002 81 (expected delivery is Friday :-)
Profile Image
Yes, it is a holiday, but I took advantage of the self-service kiosks and got the books headed to Suezq60 --

tracking # 9500 1000 2784 7051 0002 81 (expected delivery is Friday :-)

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
Good morning! I received the books yesterday, will choose one and send them off to booklady shortly. Have a great Friday!
Profile Image
I chose "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish" by Douglas Adams. The books were mailed on Friday tracking # 9549-0106-9938-7062-1004-54
Profile Image
I chose "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish" by Douglas Adams. The books were mailed on Friday tracking # 9549-0106-9938-7062-1004-54

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I chose The Sanctuary by Ted Dekker

I'll check with the next person for the address.
Profile Image
I have chosen Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I will send a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
I have chosen Something Happened by Joseph Heller. I will message BooksnBeer and get them on their way as son as I hear back. Thanks!
Profile Image
I received the package yesterday. I will choose Sometimes I Dream in Italian.

I could not resist!!

PMing next in line - will get these out as soon as I have the next address.
Profile Image
The package will be posted today. Happy travels.
Profile Image
The package will be posted today. Happy travels.

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
PM'g the next in line to confirm the address.
Profile Image
Back from vacation and packing up the various bookboxes and bookrings for a post office trip.
Profile Image
Back from vacation and packing up the various bookboxes and bookrings for a post office trip.

Thanks, NancyNova.

So, what did you pick?

Profile Image

Thanks, NancyNova.

So, what did you pick?

Aborted mission. The address provided was giving the USPS computer fits, so it's back to double check it again.

I chose The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4941426
Profile Image
Aborted mission. The address provided was giving the USPS computer fits, so it's back to double check it again.

I chose The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4941426

OK, thanks for the update.

Profile Image
tracking #9549014377987140112196
Profile Image
tracking #9549014377987140112196

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
... http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3508173

Added my book, wrapped for shipping, and sending to BookLovinMama for the next address! Books will be on their way ASAP!
Profile Image
USPS Tracking number 9114 9014 9646 1290 1010 41
Profile Image
USPS Tracking number 9114 9014 9646 1290 1010 41

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
The books were here when I returned home from a business trip Friday. I have selected Sweet Death, Kind Death by Amanda Cross. The books were mailed to iwillrejoice Saturday. I can look for the tracking number if needed, but I don't have it on me at the moment.

Profile Image
The books were here when I returned home from a business trip Friday. I have selected Sweet Death, Kind Death by Amanda Cross. The books were mailed to iwillrejoice Saturday. I can look for the tracking number if needed, but I don't have it on me at the moment.

No worries on the tracking number. It's already popped up on my USPS app.

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
The Simplicity of Cider by Amy E. Reichert & Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult. Thank you! Plus an H- & an I-Author book, for the rings that stalled. That was so kind, & very appreciated.

This concludes the S-books ring. Thanks for being a part of it, everybody!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.