corner corner [Traveling]: The Almost Nearly Perfect People: Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[Traveling]: The Almost Nearly Perfect People: Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia

I am offering you to take part in the bookring of the book "The Almost Nearly Perfect People: Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia"

It's for anyone who want to know more about Norway (and Scandinavia in general), or just have a fun read. The ring will take place before and after the bookcrossing convention in Oslo April 2017: https://bcoslo.wordpress.com/

It's open for anyone to join. [Edited: My comment "before the convention those coming to Oslo may have some priority on the list" is deleted, it got a bit to complicated for me. The list will be sorted by country and trying to take shipping preferences into account as well.]

Physical properties:
Format: Paperback
Number of pages: 416
Dimensions: 129 x 198 x 26 mm
Weight: 291g

If you're interested please post here including where you are and your shipping preferences.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14119230

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I am offering you to take part in the bookring of the book "The Almost Nearly Perfect People: Behind the Myth of the Scandinavian Utopia"

It's for anyone who want to know more about Norway (and Scandinavia in general), or just have a fun read. The ring will take place before and after the bookcrossing convention in Oslo April 2017: https://bcoslo.wordpress.com/

It's open for anyone to join. [Edited: My comment "before the convention those coming to Oslo may have some priority on the list" is deleted, it got a bit to complicated for me. The list will be sorted by country and trying to take shipping preferences into account as well.]

Physical properties:
Format: Paperback
Number of pages: 416
Dimensions: 129 x 198 x 26 mm
Weight: 291g

If you're interested please post here including where you are and your shipping preferences.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14119230
Profile Image

Yes please!

I would like to read this!

I'm in France, and I can send everywhere

Thank you Travelina!

Profile Image
I would like to read it too. I'm in Germany and can ship it everywhere. I'd also like to come to the convention. I consider traveling to some parts of Norway before. I have always fancied cross country skiing and dog sledding in Norway.
Profile Image
I'd like to read it, I'm in the UK and prefer UK post but will send to Europe if necessary :)
Profile Image

Me too!!

I'd like to read this book. As I am in Norway, I volunteer to be last on the list.
Profile Image
I'm in the UK, but happy to post anywhere.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining, Krissa33, Clairby11xxx, sota48 and rahar109, you're in:-)
Clairby11xxx, will you come to Oslo for the Convention?
Profile Image
Thanks for joining, Krissa33, Clairby11xxx, sota48 and rahar109, you're in:-)
Clairby11xxx, will you come to Oslo for the Convention?

Sadly I can't afford to, I recently got engaged and every penny is going towards our big day, not to worry if I don't get the book for ages, I have a very impressive stack I am working my way through at present so feel free to put me somewhere near the end!
Profile Image
Sadly I can't afford to, I recently got engaged and every penny is going towards our big day, not to worry if I don't get the book for ages, I have a very impressive stack I am working my way through at present so feel free to put me somewhere near the end!
Congratulations on your engagement!
There will be new chances for conventions, maybe we will meet at one of the future ones:-)
I might put you towards the end of the list, we'll see.
Profile Image

Yes please!

I'd love to join too please. I'm in the Netherlands and can ship anywhere.
Profile Image
Fifna, thanks for joining! I have added you to the list.
Profile Image
I would like to read it, thanks! I live in Greece and can ship abroad. Unfortunately Oslo is too expensive for me, so I hope to get some reading at least, so that I feel that I take part somehow to the Convention!
Profile Image
In France, I can mail anywhere. Thank you.
Profile Image
I'm in Greece and prefer EU post.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining! I have added the three of you to the list.
Icila, are you considering to come to the convention?
(You are just as welcome in this bookring if you are not, I am just being curious.)
Profile Image
Icila, are you considering to come to the convention?

It's very tempting. I'm a big fan of Harry Hole and I just finished some books by Anne B. Ragde, who isn't in the author list by the way.
Problem is that the convention takes place during school holidays for the grandchildren (again) so I don't know yet.
Profile Image
Iclia, you are very welcome if you decide to come:-)
Profile Image
I'm a big fan of Harry Hole and I just finished some books by Anne B. Ragde, who isn't in the author list by the way.

Anne B. Ragde just came out with a follow up to Berlin poplars here in Norway (in Norwegian). Thank you for letting me know that she was missing on the list. I have included her now.
Profile Image
I'm in US. Not sure if anyone can ship it over to me? I'm willing to ship it internationally if needed.

I'm not sure if I am going to Oslo yet. Last few years I wanted but couldn't make it to the conventions as I couldn't get my vacation time from work, or for Oxford, the air ticket was too expensive. So please give priority to people who are going for sure.
Profile Image
azuki, I have added you to the list. Hope everything works out so that you can come:-)
Profile Image
Please add me to the list.
Attending the convention. Prefer to ship within Europe.

Thank you for making it available, it sounds very interesting!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining!
Profile Image
Please add me to the list.
Attending the convention. Prefer to ship within Europe.

Thank you for making it available, it sounds very interesting!

Unfortunately I must change my entry: I will not be attending the convention :-( Would still like to read the book very much though, and prefer to ship within Europe.
Profile Image
Unfortunately I must change my entry: I will not be attending the convention :-( Would still like to read the book very much though, and prefer to ship within Europe.
Sorry to hear that you can no longer attend, but you are of course still on the list for this bookring.
Profile Image
'Great to see this book getting around. We have a hardcover edition here in Canada, and really, it is such a fun and informative read. If you are a politically correct person, you may find parts that annoy you, but frankly, Canada is so overly politically correct, this book is a breath of fresh air. Enjoy!
Profile Image
domestic or European shipping only please?? I've been dithering but I do think I should read this. Thanks for drawing attention to it.
Profile Image
Lesenmachtfroh and penelopewanders, you have been added to the list!

Looking forward to seeing you here for the convention, Lesenmachtfroh!
Profile Image
I have read the chapter on Norway, and most of it is well known issues and topics for me, but still interesting to read.

Although sota48 said she could be last, I thought it would be good that she also reads it before the convention. Therefore the book is now with her. I will get the book back from sota48 before I go to the uncon in Birmingham, and there I will hand it over to rahar109.

The order of the ring further on is not yet fixed and final, I will still leave it a bit open, and get back to that.
Profile Image
Happy reading!
Profile Image
The book is on its way from rahar 109 to lesenbmachtfroh now:-)
Profile Image
I'd be interested in reading this book. Am in Finland, will ship international.
Profile Image
Ametisti, I have added you to the list.

Are you also considering coming to the convention in Oslo in April 2017?
bcoslo.wordpress.com
Profile Image
I juste finished reading, and I asked Fifna for her adress

Thank you for sharing!

Profile Image
I'm in Portugal and I'd rather ship it within the European Union, please.
Profile Image
Hi - I'm in the US and would love to be added, if you're still growing this list!
Profile Image
I'd like to read! In USA - ship Int'l
Profile Image
I have added you to the list. If you plan to come to the convention in Oslo, please let me know:-)
Profile Image
I wish I could go to Oslo, period! I won't be making it, hope you all have a wonderful time!
Profile Image
I wish I could go to Oslo, period! I won't be making it, hope you all have a wonderful time!

Thank you! Hope you will get the opportunity to go to a later convention. It's so much fun:-)
Profile Image
This sounds interesting. As I grew up at the German-Danish border and have Swedish relatives I'd really like to read this.

I'm in Germany and can send international but unfortunately won't be coming to the convention in Oslo. Thank you!
Profile Image
Yes, you can, dschinny. I have added you to the list.
Profile Image
...if more people are interested.
Profile Image
I am in the U.K. And can ship anywhere, but prefer e.u. Shipping...at least until article 50 goes through, at which point I guess it won't matter where I send it.
Profile Image
I have added you to the list, Lizzy-stardust:-)
Profile Image
Hi, travelina!
I just saw the list of participants on this ring and I'm mentioned to be living in the UK, but I'm in Portugal. That could be a surprise if the previous reader has shipping preference to the UK. Maybe it would be better to fix this? :-)
Thank you!
BTW, unfortunately I'm not going to the convention :-(
Profile Image
Hi, travelina!
I just saw the list of participants on this ring and I'm mentioned to be living in the UK, but I'm in Portugal. That could be a surprise if the previous reader has shipping preference to the UK. Maybe it would be better to fix this? :-)
Thank you!
BTW, unfortunately I'm not going to the convention :-(

Sorry for the error, and thank you for letting me know.
I have corrected it now.
Profile Image
if it's still open.
I'm in Belarus and prefer shipping to Europe
Profile Image
I have added you to the list, Lamilla.
Profile Image
I'd love to read this book if it's still possible to join. I live in China and can ship anywhere.
Profile Image
I am in Canada and prefer US shipping, if possible.
Profile Image
I live in the US and I prefer US shipping, if possible.
Profile Image

:)

If this is still open, I'd love to join, if US shipping is possible. :)
Profile Image

Can i join?

I would love to read this book, being an expat in a scandinavian country :)

I live in Sweden and would prefer to ship within Europe.
Profile Image
Yes, you can join:-) I have added you to the list now.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
Profile Image
Anyone else in Europe who would like to read The Almost Nearly Perfect People after Lamilla and Femke85, before it continues to the US?
Profile Image

If

If this can pass through readers Lamilla and Femke85 in the next 2 weeks and be sent to the UK by the 10th May, I can read and take this back to the USA with me.
Let me know how it tracks.
I don't want to put pressure on those readers just to make that happen, but notice that they both haven't signed up to ship international.
Profile Image

RE: If

I can not promise to read a book of 400 pages within 1 or 2 weeks, especially since I will be giving birth sort of any time now.

But I can ship international. I recently discovered it’s he same price.
Profile Image

RE: RE: If

.......especially since I will be giving birth sort of any time now.

Yes, that does sort of take precedent!
No worries, just thought I'd offer to be a mule and carry it accross the Atlantic.
Profile Image
so please skip me :)
Profile Image
so please skip me :)

Thanks for letting us know. I have removed you from the list.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.