corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter R

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter R

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter R to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 R-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another R-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

perryfran
mrsjones
NancyNova
jmsmom
raralovestoread
heartthumper
Meekachu07
Suezq60
ravencat
Southernfryed
Aberpeter -- asked to skip
katiesmama
BooksnBeer
innae
BooksandMusic
LynnGorman
booklady331
tabby-cat-owner
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter R to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 R-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another R-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

perryfran
mrsjones
NancyNova
jmsmom
raralovestoread
heartthumper
Meekachu07
Suezq60
ravencat
Southernfryed
Aberpeter -- asked to skip
katiesmama
BooksnBeer
innae
BooksandMusic
LynnGorman
booklady331
tabby-cat-owner
Dove-i-libri
BookLovinMama
cheli-garza
me

Profile Image
perryfran, you're up first! Pm'ing you now...

Profile Image
I already have a copy of one of the books so I will keep the other: Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks...looks like an interesting read! Thanks.

I will contact the next in line and get the books moving again ASAP.
Profile Image
...to mrsjones. I was able to make it to the PO this afternoon.

Tracking:

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
...to mrsjones. I was able to make it to the PO this afternoon.

Tracking:

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Wow, fast! Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I'm choosing The Reader.
I'll PM NancyNova and get the books out this weekend.

Thanks!
Profile Image
I'm choosing The Reader.
I'll PM NancyNova and get the books out this weekend.

Thanks!

Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
I'm choosing The Reader.

Great book!
Profile Image
PM'g next in line. I'll post again when I ship them on.
Profile Image
I chose The Rule of Four

Moving along this afternoon to the next in line.
Profile Image
I chose The Rule of Four

Moving along this afternoon to the next in line.

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I have already read one of the books so I'm keeping Run Before the Wind by Stuart Woods.

Waiting on an address.
Profile Image
... will be starting soon. Get ready!

Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
I have chosen Rules by Cynthia Lord.
Profile Image
I selected "Revenge" by Stephen Fry....messaging next person
Profile Image
To the next partcipant
Profile Image
To the next partcipant

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
Sorry...the books arrived safely and will be on their way again soon. Life has gotten in the way so I'm just sending them both along with my best wishes.

Sue
Profile Image
Sorry...the books arrived safely and will be on their way again soon. Life has gotten in the way so I'm just sending them both along with my best wishes.

Sue

Thanks for letting us know.

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen Renegade by Diana Palmer. Books will be moving along as soon as I get next address.
Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen Renegade by Diana Palmer. Books will be moving along as soon as I get next address.

Books on the way to southernfryed.
Profile Image

Books on the way to southernfryed.

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I've chosen REBA My Story by Reba McEntire. Pming Aberpeter.
Profile Image
I've chosen REBA My Story by Reba McEntire. Pming Aberpeter.
Profile Image
pming Katiesmama
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
Have chosen Rule of the Bone by Russell Banks and PM'g BooksnBeer now :) Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6331 0834 89
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6331 0834 89

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
I received the package yesterday. I will choose "A Respectable Trade" by Philippa Gregory. I'm PMing the next in line.
Profile Image

Back in town

And just pm'd my address to BooksnBeer ;)
Profile Image
In the post yesterday. Tracking number is: 9549 0148 5368 6341 0525 26

Enjoy!!!
Profile Image
In the post yesterday. Tracking number is: 9549 0148 5368 6341 0525 26

Enjoy!!!

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
Still deciding what to choose
Profile Image
And will get my addition and the one I didn't choose on to BooksandMusic soon.
Profile Image
I am choosing Rubbish: The Archaeology of Garbage by Rathje and Murphy

Thank you very much for the gift book innae.

I will have the books back in the mail as soon as I have the address to send it on to.
Profile Image
Mailed today. tracking # 9549 0148 7883 6364 0922 86
Profile Image
Mailed today. tracking # 9549 0148 7883 6364 0922 86

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image

R books

are here! I am choosing The Raising by Laura Kasischke & sending a PM to the next in line.
Profile Image

No reply

I sent tabby-cat-owner a PM a week ago today & have not received a reply. I'm sure the PM went through because I received a copy of it. Should I send another PM or move on down the list? Thanks.
Profile Image
I sent tabby-cat-owner a PM a week ago today & have not received a reply. I'm sure the PM went through because I received a copy of it. Should I send another PM or move on down the list? Thanks.

Go ahead & move on down the list. If tabby-cat-owner gets in touch, we can move her down the list for another try. Thanks!

Profile Image

I just

sent a PM to the next person on the list!
Profile Image
but I mailed the books out on Wed.
Profile Image
but I mailed the books out on Wed.

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I picked The Revenant by Michael Punke
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14310719

Hope to have the other books out by Wednesday.
Profile Image
I picked The Revenant by Michael Punke
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14310719

Hope to have the other books out by Wednesday.

Thanks, booklady331!

Profile Image
I picked "Reading Lolita in Tehran". I have already read this book, but I plan to release this book for the "places" release challenge.

I shall send these books on asap.

Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
... sending for BookLovinMama's address now so I can send the book ring on!
Profile Image
The books arrived 2/28. Will log them tonight...and decide which one I'm keeping.

Reached out to cheli-garza for a mailing address Tuesday. Once it is received, books will be sent.
Profile Image
USPS Tracking 9549 0134 7543 7076 0890 30
Profile Image
USPS Tracking 9549 0134 7543 7076 0890 30

Thanks, BookLovinMama!

Profile Image
I'm taking out Recessional by James A. Michener and putting in R.. by ? I'll try and get this in the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
I'm taking out Recessional by James A. Michener and putting in R.. by ? I'll try and get this in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks, cheli-garza!

Profile Image
... trying to make my way to the post office. I will take it as soon as I can!
Profile Image
I received The Ring by Danielle Steel & Rush for the Gold by John Feinstein. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the R-Books ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.