corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter G

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter G

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter G to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another G-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
BooksandMusic
perryfran
Southernfryed
ravencat
raralovestoread
katiesmama
Suezq60
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
heartthumper
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
MmeClinton
devon612
RKoti -- no response
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter G to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another G-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
BooksandMusic
perryfran
Southernfryed
ravencat
raralovestoread
katiesmama
Suezq60
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
heartthumper
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
MmeClinton
devon612
RKoti -- no response
cheli-garza
me

Profile Image
PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
and I PMed BooksandMusic for an address. Just waiting on a response.
Profile Image

I chose

Murder Boogies with Elvis by Anne George and the books are on their way to BooksandMusic.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
Murder Boogies with Elvis by Anne George and the books are on their way to BooksandMusic.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I read one of the books already so I am choosing the other which is Anonymous Rex by Eric Garcia. I'll get the package out again probably tomorrow.
Profile Image
to perryfran.
Profile Image
to perryfran.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
Received the G authors today. Both of the books are John Grishams -- one of which I have already read. I was also thinking of including another Grisham book in the package going to Southernfryed. However, I checked her bookshelf and she already has or has read both Grisham books I would be sending. So instead I will keep both books:

Playing for Pizza (which I have read and will probably wild release) and
The Innocent Man (which I have not read)

I will replace these with two non-Grisham books and send off to Southernfryed as soon as I confirm with her. Hope this is OK. :-)
Profile Image
Received the G authors today. Both of the books are John Grishams -- one of which I have already read. I was also thinking of including another Grisham book in the package going to Southernfryed. However, I checked her bookshelf and she already has or has read both Grisham books I would be sending. So instead I will keep both books:

Playing for Pizza (which I have read and will probably wild release) and
The Innocent Man (which I have not read)

I will replace these with two non-Grisham books and send off to Southernfryed as soon as I confirm with her. Hope this is OK. :-)

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
Received the G authors today. Both of the books are John Grishams -- one of which I have already read. I was also thinking of including another Grisham book in the package going to Southernfryed. However, I checked her bookshelf and she already has or has read both Grisham books I would be sending.

How VERY nice of you, perryfran!
Profile Image
to Southernfryed.

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I'm keeping Keeper of the Bride by Tess Gerristsen. I have pm'd ravencat and will get these moving again by the end of the week.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

By the way, we'll be starting the H-Authors soon. Get ready!

Profile Image
Books arrived today and have chosen "City of Women" byDavid R. Gillham. Will PM next in line for address.
Profile Image
Books on the way to raralovestoread with USPS Tracking# 9549 0112 5412 6236 0160 34
Profile Image
Books on the way to raralovestoread with USPS Tracking# 9549 0112 5412 6236 0160 34

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I have chosen The Runaway Jury by John Grisham. Sending a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
Will be sending a PM to next in line. I haven't made my choice yet so I'll post back with that.
Profile Image
I chose A Respectable Trade by Phillipa Gregory. Books are on the way to Suezq60 today, tracking number 9549 0144 0328 6261 0469 10.
Profile Image
I chose A Respectable Trade by Phillipa Gregory. Books are on the way to Suezq60 today, tracking number 9549 0144 0328 6261 0469 10.

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
Received the books today, choosing the one that I haven't read: By Book or By Crook by Eva Gates. Will have them back on their way in a day or two.
Profile Image
The G books are on their way, tracking #9549-0121-1301-6267-0147-45
Profile Image
The G books are on their way, tracking #9549-0121-1301-6267-0147-45

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I have chosen Joshua by Joseph F. Girzone.

I shall mail the "G" books on asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
PM'g the next in line.
Profile Image
I took out The Film Club by David Gilmour - easy choice since I read the other one (which was excellent).

Profile Image
I took out The Film Club by David Gilmour - easy choice since I read the other one (which was excellent).

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I am choosing The Country Ahead of Us, the Country Behind by David Guterson. I have read the other choice and it is really good. I will pm the next in line. Thanks!
Profile Image
:) tracking #9449010200882181052109
Profile Image
:) tracking #9449010200882181052109

Thanks, heartthumper!

Profile Image
I selected "The Cellist of Sarajevo" by Steven Galloway....messaging next in line
Profile Image

Books

Shipping tomorrow
Profile Image

RE: Books

Shipping tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
i have chosen The First 48 by Tim Green

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14152397

Sending for the next address and will mail the package on the weekend!
Profile Image
I have read them both. Decided to keep Q is for Quarry by Sue Grafton
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14248041

Profile Image
I have chosen to keep John Grisham's The Innocent Man and have journalled its arrival in my hands! I am in the middle of the G book I intend to replace it with and will contact devon612 for address. Should finish by this weekend and have the package on the way Monday at the latest! Thanks, booklady331!
Profile Image
I have chosen to keep John Grisham's The Innocent Man and have journalled its arrival in my hands! I am in the middle of the G book I intend to replace it with and will contact devon612 for address. Should finish by this weekend and have the package on the way Monday at the latest! Thanks, booklady331!

Thanks, MmeClinton!

Profile Image
Received over the weekend and have chosen Monkey Hunting by Cristina Garcia and will be replacing it with one of my own. I will be contacting RKoti next to get their address. Thank you!
Profile Image
I haven't received a reply from RKoti, who should I send to? You or cheli-garza?

Thank you!
Profile Image
I haven't received a reply from RKoti, who should I send to? You or cheli-garza?

Thank you!

cheli-garza. Thanks!

Profile Image
cheli-garza? Did you receive the books yet? devon612? Did you have a chance to mail them?

Profile Image
I apologize, I did receive a response from cheli-garza on the 17th but that was right as the holiday madness began. I'm finally able to get back to real life this week so I will send it out.

cheli-garza? Did you receive the books yet? devon612? Did you have a chance to mail them?

Profile Image
I apologize, I did receive a response from cheli-garza on the 17th but that was right as the holiday madness began. I'm finally able to get back to real life this week so I will send it out.

OK, great. Thanks.

Profile Image
Books mailed yesterday!
Profile Image
Books mailed yesterday!

Thanks, devon612!

Profile Image
Thanks for the card, Devon612. ⛄ 😊
I've selected Eat Pray Love and will get this sent on very soon!
Profile Image
I thought I was waiting on an address from someone and just realized last night that you are the next person and I already have your address. These will get sent out tomorrow.
Profile Image
I thought I was waiting on an address from someone and just realized last night that you are the next person and I already have your address. These will get sent out tomorrow.

OK, thanks. I'll look forward to their arrival.

Profile Image
I received The Gazebo by Emily Grayson and 2 (!) other books - My Side of the Mountain & On the Far Side of the Mountain, both by Jean Craighead George. Thanks for sharing, everyone! This concludes the G-Author ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.