corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Q

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter Q

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Q to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Q-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Q-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

booklady331
NancyNova
katiesmama
Suezq60
LynnGorman
Aberpeter - no response
Southernfryed
ravencat
BooksandMusic
jmsmom
Meekachu07
mrsjones
perryfran
heartthumper
tabby-cat-owner
innae
raralovestoread
BooksnBeer
Dove-i-libri
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter Q to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 Q-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another Q-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

booklady331
NancyNova
katiesmama
Suezq60
LynnGorman
Aberpeter - no response
Southernfryed
ravencat
BooksandMusic
jmsmom
Meekachu07
mrsjones
perryfran
heartthumper
tabby-cat-owner
innae
raralovestoread
BooksnBeer
Dove-i-libri
cheli-garza
me

Profile Image
... & start the Q-ring. Since the L-N rings don't seem to be moving right now, & I'm the only one being affected by that, I thought I'd go ahead & start the Q-ring while we try to get that sorted out.

Note: the rings seem to keep getting bunched up, so I'm only going to start one ring right now, to try & stagger them again.

Profile Image
PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
Got it. Thanks, booklady331!

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING # 9449 0096 9993 8519 3912 12

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Thank you for mailing them. I am sorry we didn't get to meet up in person.

I am picking The Queen of Subtleties by Suzannah Dunn
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13680885

I am planning on going to the PO tomorrow and will the books on to NancyNova
Profile Image
Thank you for mailing them. I am sorry we didn't get to meet up in person.

I am picking The Queen of Subtleties by Suzannah Dunn
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13680885

I am planning on going to the PO tomorrow and will the books on to NancyNova

Thanks, booklady331!

We'll have to plan a get-together. It's been too long!

Profile Image
and since I already have one that's there, I'm choosing Queen of the Night http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13164776

PM'g next in line and will post again when it leaves
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549013918116173000383
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549013918116173000383

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I have Suezq's address but will send her a PM first to make sure she's ready for them. They'll be in the mail come Saturday. I haven't selected one yet as I have to make sure I have something to replace it with. Will update when they're on the way again.
Profile Image
I've already read one of the books in the ring and I only had two Q books in my PC that I couldn't bear to part with for the remaining book in the package. So rather than hold this up for a week while I go out this weekend to find a new Q book, I'm just going to repackage and send the two I received back out again. I don't like to do that, but I hate holding up the books for another week even more. I can only get to the post office on Saturdays. I'll post the tracking number tomorrow.
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0328 6184 0075 79
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0328 6184 0075 79

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
Books received yesterday and as a quilter it was a no-brainer. I chose The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini. I love her books! I will probably release it in one of my local quilt shops as a themed release. PMing Lynn for her address now.

Sue Z Q
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay, wasn't able to get to the PO until today. Books have been mailed, tracking number: 9549-0121-1301-6197-0043-28
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay, wasn't able to get to the PO until today. Books have been mailed, tracking number: 9549-0121-1301-6197-0043-28

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
The Q books are here & I will PM the next in line & make my selection.
Profile Image

No reply

No reply from Aberpeter. I sent a PM on 7/21. I received a copy of the email so I'm certain it went through. Should I PM again or move on to the next in line?
Profile Image
No reply from Aberpeter. I sent a PM on 7/21. I received a copy of the email so I'm certain it went through. Should I PM again or move on to the next in line?

Just move on to Southernfryed. If Aberpeter gets in touch later, we can always move her down the list for another chance. Thanks!

Profile Image

Just move on to Southernfryed. If Aberpeter gets in touch later, we can always move her down the list for another chance. Thanks!

I will send a PM to Southernfryed.
Profile Image
on the move again! I mailed them today. I am keeping "Quentins" by Maeve Binchy to put in the OBCZ I manage.
Profile Image
on the move again! I mailed them today. I am keeping "Quentins" by Maeve Binchy to put in the OBCZ I manage.

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I've selected Eloquent Silence by Sandra Brown. Pming ravencat for address.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen "Queen of Broken Hearts" by Cassandra King. Will message next in line for address.
Profile Image
Books on the way to BooksandMusic. Unable to post the tracking number because on a very windy day the USPS receipt flew out of my hand!!! I'm hopeful they will arrive safe and sound.
Profile Image
Books on the way to BooksandMusic. Unable to post the tracking number because on a very windy day the USPS receipt flew out of my hand!!! I'm hopeful they will arrive safe and sound.

Thanks, ravencat! (I can just picture that windy scene. We've probably all been there.)

Profile Image
books are here and I will get them back in the mail on Monday. Thanks! Oh, I am selecting Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson which my husband doesn't think I will like because it is too geeky and he would be really impressed if I liked it..... tsk, ok, reading challenge accepted!
Profile Image
to jmsmom.
Profile Image
to jmsmom.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I chose Quietly in Their Sleep by Donna Leon

Books went out this afternoon.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose Quietly in Their Sleep by Donna Leon

Books went out this afternoon.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image

Books

I just got back from a vacation and books are with me. I will get these moving this weekend. I need to find a Q book first. The one I had isn't that good, so I will find something else.

I selected "Quicksand" by Iris Johansen. I've read it and will be sending it off to my uncle to read.
Profile Image
Will send off tomorrow
Profile Image
Will send off tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image

Got it!

I chose Quotidian II.

PMing perryfran for an address. I've been saving my Q book for a long time! :)
Profile Image
I am selecting "Quality of Care" by Elizabeth Letts. Will PM for heartthumper's address and get these traveling again ASAP.
Profile Image
I have chosen
The Queen Jade by Yxta Maya Murray. Will message the next in line. Thanks!
Profile Image
Tracking #9449010200883225783713
Profile Image
Tracking #9449010200883225783713

Thanks, heartthumper!

Profile Image
I have chosen "The Quiet Little Woman" by Louisa May Alcott. I have already read it. I plan to release it at Christmastime for the Christmas release challenge.

I shall be sending the Q books on to the next person asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
Will get the next address and get them headed out soon. I haven't chosen yet ;)
Profile Image

Q books

I choose A Question of Upbringing...probably just for release. I mailed out the books yesterday...yay!
Profile Image
I choose A Question of Upbringing...probably just for release. I mailed out the books yesterday...yay!

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image

Out of town

For the next two weeks, I will be out of town, so if I am up, please skip me. I will be back answering email on Dec 1 or thereabouts.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Profile Image
For the next two weeks, I will be out of town, so if I am up, please skip me. I will be back answering email on Dec 1 or thereabouts.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks for letting us know. Have fun, & Happy Thanksgiving!

Profile Image
I have chosen Quentins by Maeve Binchy. I've sent a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
I received the package yesterday. I will be picking Queen of Dragons by Shana Abe. The book is number three in the series, I will have to look into getting the first two.
Profile Image
Added my book, wrapped and ready. sent for cheli-garza's address, and will send the books out as soon as i receive it.
Profile Image
... to cheli-garza in Dallas, TX!

USPS Tracking # 9549 0214 9441 6356 0001 01
Profile Image
... to cheli-garza in Dallas, TX!

USPS Tracking # 9549 0214 9441 6356 0001 01

Thanks, Dove-i-libri! Actually, it looks like they arrived a few days ago...

Profile Image
Although quite nice, neither of these two are my style of read, so I'm sending them on their way to iwillrejoice. :) Thank you!
Profile Image
They should arrive by Tuesday.
Profile Image
They should arrive by Tuesday.

Thanks, cheli-garza!

Profile Image
I received Q is for Quarry by Sue Grafton & Quicksand by William P. Wood. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the Q-books bookring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.