corner corner [Traveling; may still join]- Ring: The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[Traveling; may still join]- Ring: The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig

Two (!) years ago :-( I listed several books to offer as rings in order to gauge interest. Most of them had several people interested, but then I never got them started. Now I'll gradually be listing them singly.

ETA: I haven't read it yet, but I have so many TBR that some should go traveling first...

I'm listing here the people who originally expressed interest, then contacting them by PM to make sure they are still interested, along with those who have recently added this book to their wishlist.

---------------------------------------
Edit 5/10/16: adding the description to avoid having to make an extra click to get to it:
Amazon:
A ghost story with a twist-a suspenseful and poignantly funny update of Hamlet

A triumph of originality and humor, this clever novel by British author Matt Haig gives us Hamlet redux with an unforgettable voice all his own. When eleven-year-old Philip Noble is confronted by the ghost of his recently deceased father and asked to avenge his death, the boy finds himself in a thorny dilemma. Revenge, after all, is a tricky business-especially when Philip is already distracted by his girlfriend, school bullies, self-doubt, and all the other challenges of adolescence. Viewing the adult world through the eyes of a young boy, The Dead Fathers Club is a brilliant, quirky take on a classic tale.
--------------------------
Please post here with shipping preferences.

The Dead Fathers Club
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12511615
("A ghost story with a twist-a suspenseful and poignantly funny update of Hamlet.")
Amazon weight: 7.2 ounces/204g
Non-digital scale weight: 8 ounces/227g

Shipping order:
Appletreen (UK)
Mysteriousmummy (UK)
Cassandra2020 (Scotland)
Fifna (Netherlands)
Penelopewanders (Switzerland)
Icila (France)
Billbooks (Australia) <--- book is here 3 April 2017
vaga-bonde (Haiti/US address)
back to eponine38
--------------------------------------
Participants:
--penelopewanders Switzerland/Europe OK
--Billbooks Australia/Int'l OK
--Icila France/Int'l OK
--Fifna Netherlands/Int'l OK
--Vaga-bonde US address/US only *new
--Appletreen UK/UK-Eur preferred; Int'l if needed *new
--Cassandra2020
--Mysteriousmummy UK/UK-Eur preferred; Int'l if needed

Here's the original post with all the titles:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/504976

I hope it's not too confusing! Procrastination doesn't pay! ;-) Let me know if you have any questions.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Two (!) years ago :-( I listed several books to offer as rings in order to gauge interest. Most of them had several people interested, but then I never got them started. Now I'll gradually be listing them singly.

ETA: I haven't read it yet, but I have so many TBR that some should go traveling first...

I'm listing here the people who originally expressed interest, then contacting them by PM to make sure they are still interested, along with those who have recently added this book to their wishlist.

---------------------------------------
Edit 5/10/16: adding the description to avoid having to make an extra click to get to it:
Amazon:
A ghost story with a twist-a suspenseful and poignantly funny update of Hamlet

A triumph of originality and humor, this clever novel by British author Matt Haig gives us Hamlet redux with an unforgettable voice all his own. When eleven-year-old Philip Noble is confronted by the ghost of his recently deceased father and asked to avenge his death, the boy finds himself in a thorny dilemma. Revenge, after all, is a tricky business-especially when Philip is already distracted by his girlfriend, school bullies, self-doubt, and all the other challenges of adolescence. Viewing the adult world through the eyes of a young boy, The Dead Fathers Club is a brilliant, quirky take on a classic tale.
--------------------------
Please post here with shipping preferences.

The Dead Fathers Club
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12511615
("A ghost story with a twist-a suspenseful and poignantly funny update of Hamlet.")
Amazon weight: 7.2 ounces/204g
Non-digital scale weight: 8 ounces/227g

Shipping order:
Appletreen (UK)
Mysteriousmummy (UK)
Cassandra2020 (Scotland)
Fifna (Netherlands)
Penelopewanders (Switzerland)
Icila (France)
Billbooks (Australia) <--- book is here 3 April 2017
vaga-bonde (Haiti/US address)
back to eponine38
--------------------------------------
Participants:
--penelopewanders Switzerland/Europe OK
--Billbooks Australia/Int'l OK
--Icila France/Int'l OK
--Fifna Netherlands/Int'l OK
--Vaga-bonde US address/US only *new
--Appletreen UK/UK-Eur preferred; Int'l if needed *new
--Cassandra2020
--Mysteriousmummy UK/UK-Eur preferred; Int'l if needed

Here's the original post with all the titles:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/504976

I hope it's not too confusing! Procrastination doesn't pay! ;-) Let me know if you have any questions.
Profile Image
I would like to be part of this ring please.
In the US, and can unfortunately only ship to the US.
Profile Image

I'm in

I'd like to read it please, so I'm grateful for your procrastination. I'm in the UK and whilst UK/European posting would be preferable I don't mind if you do need me to post internationally.
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image
... I'd quite like to read this. I'm in Scotland and prefer UK then EU postage. Could nip in after Appletreen and post on to Fifna
Profile Image
No, not too late at all! I've added you in the requested slot.
Profile Image
No, not too late at all! I've added you in the requested slot.
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image
I'd ship EU or worldwide if you are desperate
Profile Image
to kick off the ring. :-)
Profile Image
..today :-)
Profile Image
I PM'd for the address a week ago... no answer as yet. Could be away or something. Will try again and wait another week, but don't want to delay this too long :-(
Profile Image

RE: ISO Fifna

Have PMed you - apologies for the delay.
Profile Image
All is good - thank you. I've been having trouble with my email and was worried that I'd missed you :-)
Profile Image
Waiting for eponine's address to mail the book back to her, unless somebody else is interested (I am currently in France).

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.