corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter F

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter F

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter F to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another F-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

perryfran
BooksandMusic
katiesmama
ravencat
Suezq60
jmsmom
Southernfryed
heartthumper
tabby-cat-owner
booklady331
raralovestoread
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
NancyNova
MmeClinton
cheli-garza
devon612
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter F to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another F-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

perryfran
BooksandMusic
katiesmama
ravencat
Suezq60
jmsmom
Southernfryed
heartthumper
tabby-cat-owner
booklady331
raralovestoread
Meekachu07
Dove-i-libri
NancyNova
MmeClinton
cheli-garza
devon612
me
Profile Image
PM'ing perryfran now...

Profile Image
... for the F-Authors: 9449009699938433787153

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Reading ahead, I have discovered that I-Authors are somewhat rare. I think for the I's, we'll allow authors whose first or last names start with I. Otherwise we'll have a ring of folks swapping John Irving books!

Profile Image
...I will be keeping Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller. I have my F book ready to travel on and will get these in the mail to BooksandMusic very soon.
Profile Image
to BooksandMusic

Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I chose Chasing the Devil's Tail by David Fulmer. Will have the books back out on Monday probably.
Profile Image
waiting on katiesmama's address.
Profile Image
I've just PM'd my address. The first PM must have gone missing, but I'm ready for this!
Profile Image
The books will go out to you tomorrow.
Profile Image
to katiesmama now.
Profile Image
to katiesmama now.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding. I have Ravencat's address but will PM her first to make sure she's ready for them.
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6156 2034 44
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6156 2034 44

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight by Alexandra Fuller. Will PM Suezq60 for address.
Profile Image
Books are off to suezq60. USPS Tracking # 9549 0139 0640 6161 4284 24
Profile Image
Books are off to suezq60. USPS Tracking # 9549 0139 0640 6161 4284 24

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Hello!

I received the books. I will choose one and get them back on their way shortly. Thanks!

SueZQ
Profile Image
I have chosen "Rock Springs" by Richard Ford. The books will be moving on today.
Profile Image
I have chosen "Rock Springs" by Richard Ford. The books will be moving on today.

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image

I chose

Love and Miss Communication by Elyssa Friedland.

Books went off this morning.

Profile Image
Love and Miss Communication by Elyssa Friedland.

Books went off this morning.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I'm choosing Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg. I've read the other book and I like Fannie Flagg-looking forward to reading it. Pming heartthumper for address.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
Making my choice. Will message the next in line, tabby-cat-owner. Thanks for including me!
Profile Image
I have chosen "Transfer of Power" by Vince Flynn. This is not the type of book that I typically read, but I shall release it eventually and hopefully it will find a reader.

I have booklady331's address already, so I will be mailing the "F" books shortly.
Profile Image
I have chosen "Transfer of Power" by Vince Flynn. This is not the type of book that I typically read, but I shall release it eventually and hopefully it will find a reader.

I have booklady331's address already, so I will be mailing the "F" books shortly.

Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I have chosen Cream Puff Murder by Joanne Fluke. I will PM the next person for the address.
Profile Image
I'm still trying to make up my mind. Will PM the next person in the meantime.
Profile Image
Books have arrived and I will select "Finding Fish" by Antoine Quenton Fisher. PMing next participant
Profile Image
I have the address of the next person in line but I am heading to a family reunion in the morning and won't have time to ship until Monday
Profile Image
I have the address of the next person in line but I am heading to a family reunion in the morning and won't have time to ship until Monday

Have fun at the reunion!

Profile Image
thanks....books will go in the mail tomorrow
Profile Image
... KILLER HEAT, set in my old hometown - NYC!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14134348

Now, I've sent for the next participant's - NanctNova - address.
Profile Image
USPS Tracking # 9549 0214 9441 6232 0000 34
Profile Image
Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
PM'g the next in line, then will move them along next weekend.

Profile Image
I chose The Book Shop by Penelope Fitzgerald. Books moving along the Mmeclinton.
Profile Image
I chose The Book Shop by Penelope Fitzgerald. Books moving along the Mmeclinton.

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
books arrived Saturday September 10; I can mail out on Tuesday and will pm the next in line chili-Garza for address. I am taking Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke...
Profile Image
books arrived Saturday September 10; I can mail out on Tuesday and will pm the next in line chili-Garza for address. I am taking Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke...

Thanks, MmeClinton!

Profile Image
While I desperately search for a book by an F author. Lol. I thought this ring was for books that start with an F. Oops!

My selection is Going Dutch by Katie Fford. :)
Profile Image
Received books today! I'm taking Abe Gilman's Ending and replacing it. I'll email iwillrejoice for her address.
Profile Image
Received books today! I'm taking Abe Gilman's Ending and replacing it. I'll email iwillrejoice for her address.

PM sent - Thanks!

Profile Image
Actually, it looks like they arrived on 10/17, but I've been out of town. I received Mission to Paris by Alan Furst & White Oleander by Janet Fitch. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the F-Authors ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.