corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter E

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter E

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter E to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another E-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

NancyNova
BooksandMusic
raralovestoread
Suezq60
katiesmama
heartthumper
Meekachu07
jmsmom
perryfran
booklady331
Southernfryed
tabby-cat-owner
ravencat
Dove-i-libri
MmeClinton
devon612
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter E to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another E-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

NancyNova
BooksandMusic
raralovestoread
Suezq60
katiesmama
heartthumper
Meekachu07
jmsmom
perryfran
booklady331
Southernfryed
tabby-cat-owner
ravencat
Dove-i-libri
MmeClinton
devon612
cheli-garza
me
Profile Image
PM'ing NancyNova now.

Profile Image
Well, not anymore. I discovered that one of the E-Author books needed a bit of mending before I sent it out into the world. That's done now, & the books will go out tomorrow or Friday.

I'll be starting the F-Authors in a few...

Profile Image
... for the E-Authors: 9449009699939905120218

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Is it still possible to join in? MmeClinton
Profile Image
Is it still possible to join in? MmeClinton

Absolutely! Welcome!

Profile Image
C & D are still open. Would you like to join those too?

Profile Image
?
Profile Image
?

Books likely arrived while I was in California visiting the kids. PM'g the next in line (and a PM to you too to explain why they will hang out at my house for a bit first)
Profile Image
?

Books likely arrived while I was in California visiting the kids. PM'g the next in line (and a PM to you too to explain why they will hang out at my house for a bit first)

PM received. Thanks, NancyNova.

Profile Image
?

PM received. Thanks, NancyNova.

I'm claiming Flint from the E books.
And reading the replacement book, since my original thought was the exact same book that's already in there!
Profile Image

update

replacement read. Mailed out today. Tracking #9549013161096144064739

Expected to be there 5/31.
Profile Image
replacement read. Mailed out today. Tracking #9549013161096144064739

Expected to be there 5/31.

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
Oh dear, I picked something and put it on my TBR and now I can't remember the name! I'll get back to you with that. Preparing the books to go out today or tomorrow.
Profile Image
Oh dear, I picked something and put it on my TBR and now I can't remember the name! I'll get back to you with that. Preparing the books to go out today or tomorrow.

You chose Timepiece by Richard Paul Evans (one of my offerings).

Profile Image
Thank you! I have rara's address and will go to the post office in a few minutes.
Profile Image
Thank you! I have rara's address and will go to the post office in a few minutes.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
E books are on their way to Raralovestoread.
Profile Image
I have chosen Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich. I will send a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image

E Books

The "E" books arrived safely a couple days ago. I have chosen The Butterflies of the Grand Canyon by Margaret Erhart. I will get them back on their way shortly.
Profile Image

E Books

The E Author books have been sent, tracking #9549-0121-1302-6175-0010-65
Profile Image
The E Author books have been sent, tracking #9549-0121-1302-6175-0010-65

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
E as in author that is! I have chosen Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich and will be sending heartthumper a PM for address.
Profile Image
I know this is vacation time, especially with the holiday..........
Profile Image
I mailed these out to heart thumper last Saturday so hopefully they will soon be there. I accidentally threw away the receipt before I remembered to post it here so I'm hoping we don't run into problems!
Profile Image
I mailed these out to heart thumper last Saturday so hopefully they will soon be there. I accidentally threw away the receipt before I remembered to post it here so I'm hoping we don't run into problems!

Thanks for the update, katiesmama.

Profile Image
Sorry for the wait. I worked a lot of overtime over the holiday weekend and the week before and after. All my coworkers are on vacation. Lol! I have chosen Miriam's Kitchen by Elizabeth Ehrlich. PM being sent to the next on the list. Thank you for including me!
Profile Image
I selected "Less Than Zero" by Bret Easton Ellis....PMing next participant
Profile Image

Shipping

Packaged up and postage paid for. Will bring to post office tomorrow.
Profile Image
Packaged up and postage paid for. Will bring to post office tomorrow.

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I chose Killer Diller by Clyde Edgerton and the books were sent out this morning.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose Killer Diller by Clyde Edgerton and the books were sent out this morning.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I will keep "The Rocky Mountain Moving Picture Association" by Loren D. Estleman. I will confirm with booklady331 and get the books moving again ASAP.
Profile Image
I will confirm with booklady331 and get the books moving again ASAP.

You may not hear back from her right away. I saw in another forum that she had a death in the family, so why don't we move her down the list until she is back.

Profile Image

You may not hear back from her right away. I saw in another forum that she had a death in the family, so why don't we move her down the list until she is back.

Sorry to hear about the death in the family but I did hear from her and she confirmed her address. Have the books packaged and ready to mail. Will get them in the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image

Sorry to hear about the death in the family but I did hear from her and she confirmed her address. Have the books packaged and ready to mail. Will get them in the mail tomorrow.

Oh, OK. I had read that she was not going to be responding to things online here, for that reason. Glad you heard back from her, then.

Carry on. :-)

Profile Image

Oh, OK. I had read that she was not going to be responding to things online here, for that reason. Glad you heard back from her, then.

Carry on. :-)

Books are in the mail.
Profile Image
Books are in the mail.

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
My pick is Baudolino by Umberto Eco. Now to pick the book to replace it.
Profile Image
I'm taking Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich out to wild release in a Little Free Library. I'm also pming tabby-cat-owner for her address.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I have chosen "Notorious Nineteen" by Janet Evanovich. I do not plan to read it but I shall pass it on to another bookcrosser or wild release it.

I shall contact the next person on the list and mail the "E" authors books asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
Is it too late to join?
Profile Image
Is it too late to join?

No, not at all. You're in!

Profile Image
Books arrived and will choose over the weekend and email next in line.
Profile Image
Already made my choice and replaced it with another ... will send for the next address tonight and they'll be on their way soon.

I chose Miracle on Boswell Road by John Eades. I will be sharing it at church.
Profile Image
I have chosen Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison and books on the way to Dove-i-libri.
Profile Image
I have chosen Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison and books on the way to Dove-i-libri.

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
MmeClinton sent me her address and ... The "E" author books will be sent out on Monday!

9/19/2016 edited to add: The books were mailed today.
USPS tracking number 9114 9014 9645 0711 5453 34
Profile Image
MmeClinton sent me her address and ... The "E" author books will be sent out on Monday!

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I have taken out Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich. Am busy reading the book I will be replacing it with, and hope to mail out the two books on Tuesday to Devon612 if I get the address promptly!
Profile Image
I have taken out Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich. Am busy reading the book I will be replacing it with, and hope to mail out the two books on Tuesday to Devon612 if I get the address promptly!

Thanks, MmeClinton!

Profile Image
Books have arrived safely! I'm taking The Virgin Suicides and presently choosing a book to replace it. I will mail out this week once I have the next address.

Thank you!!
Profile Image
These arrived safely on Monday. I picked The Memory Keeper's Daughter. The remaining book and my contribution will be mailed out sometime today.
Profile Image
These arrived safely on Monday. I picked The Memory Keeper's Daughter. The remaining book and my contribution will be mailed out sometime today.

Thanks, cheli-garza!

Profile Image
Darn. It almost made it!

Profile Image
I received Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich & Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. This concludes the E-Authors ring. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.