corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter P

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter P

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter P to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 P-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another P-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

perryfran
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
ravencat
mrsjones
LynnGorman
BooksnBeer
Southernfryed
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
jmsmom
katiesmama
raralovestoread
NancyNova
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
Aberpeter - no response
innae
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter P to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 P-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another P-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

perryfran
Meekachu07
BooksandMusic
ravencat
mrsjones
LynnGorman
BooksnBeer
Southernfryed
tabby-cat-owner
Suezq60
jmsmom
katiesmama
raralovestoread
NancyNova
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
Aberpeter - no response
innae
cheli-garza
me
Profile Image
Some of you have asked about the Q-ring. At first, I thought that might be a hard letter, & considered making different rules for it. But, when I glanced at my own stash, I saw that I had quite a few Q-books. It's not that hard of a letter after all! So, we'll proceed as usual with that one.

The one that will be hard is X. In all of my shelves & stacks of books, I couldn't find any. And I have to come up with two! So, for the X-ring, we'll allow books with the letter X anywhere in the title.

Hope this helps!

Profile Image
perryfran, you're up first! PM on the way...

Profile Image
perryfran, you're up first! PM on the way...

Sent you my info.

Funny you mentioned the X books. I just released two of them:

The Xibalba Murders by Lyn Hamilton and X by Sue Grafton... Not sure if I have any others though!
Profile Image
Funny you mentioned the X books. I just released two of them:

The Xibalba Murders by Lyn Hamilton and X by Sue Grafton... Not sure if I have any others though!

I saw that on your profile! I did think about that Grafton book. I don't think I have a copy, tho it would be easy enough to find one.

But I figure that if I can't find an X-book around here, that others might have that same difficulty. And this is supposed to be fun! So, let's just make it easy on ourselves with that letter. :-)

Profile Image
So, let's just make it easy on ourselves with that letter. :-)

I agree...don't think there are enough X books out there.

Profile Image
I already have one of the books so I will be keeping the other: Plainsong by Kent Haruf.

I am also expecting the D author books soon so will probably wait until I get those before sending on to Meekachu07 who is also next in line for them.
Profile Image
...to Meekachu07 along with the D authors ring.

Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
...to Meekachu07 along with the D authors ring.

Tracking:

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
Books are here....I selected "Prior Bad Acts" by Tami Hoag....will send books this weekend
Profile Image
Dropped off at post office this morning
Profile Image
Dropped off at post office this morning

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I am choosing The Pearl Harbor Murders. I'll mail the books on as soon as I have ravencat's address.
Profile Image
are on their way to ravencat.
Profile Image
are on their way to ravencat.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
Books arrived today and my choice is The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman. Will PM next in line and as soon as I get address books will be on their way.
Profile Image
Books on the way to mrsjones USPS Tracking # 9549 0139 0640 6089 3412 87
Profile Image
Books on the way to mrsjones USPS Tracking # 9549 0139 0640 6089 3412 87

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Two wonderful books. Unfortunately, I've read them both, but I'm going to see if my mother is interested in one of them. Then I'll get this bookring moving on.
Profile Image

Done

I chose The Poisonwood BIble. Great book.

Books are on their way to LynnGorman. Enjoy!
Profile Image
I chose The Poisonwood BIble. Great book.

Books are on their way to LynnGorman. Enjoy!

Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
I must say that I am having a hard time deciding which one to keep! They both look good. I will PM the next in line & try to make my decision.
Profile Image

P books

were mailed yesterday. I am so sorry for the delay!! I finally decided to keep Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver.
Profile Image
were mailed yesterday. I am so sorry for the delay!! I finally decided to keep Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver.

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
Received the books yesterday. I have my book ready. I will sent off an email for the next address and get this into the mail this week.

I will select a Travelogue book - The Panama Hat Trail.
Profile Image
Just returned from a week at the beach. Sorry for the delay. I am choosing The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate as it looks like a book I will love. I have pmd tabby-cat-owner.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I have chosen "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving.

I will contact the next person on the list and mail them on asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
Books received and I chose "Plenty of Suck to go Around" by Cheryl Wagner. I don't know who put it in but I can't wait to read it!! Will get the rest in the mail shortly.

Thanks!
SueZQ
Profile Image
I put the books in the mail to jmsmom today. 9549-0106-9938-6155-3315-91

Have a great day!
Profile Image
I put the books in the mail to jmsmom today. 9549-0106-9938-6155-3315-91

Have a great day!

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I chose The Partner by John Grisham.

Pkg is on its way to katiesmama,

Profile Image
I chose The Partner by John Grisham.

Pkg is on its way to katiesmama,

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I've chosen Providence by Geoffrey Wolff. Will PM Rara now and get them back out on their journey.
Profile Image
Mailed yesterday, tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6170 0007 15
Profile Image
Mailed yesterday, tracking number 9549 0144 0326 6170 0007 15

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
I have chosen The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester. I will send a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
and PM'g next in line. Will move along again shortly.
Profile Image
Taking out The Perils of Sisterhood. Replacement packed up and this will ship out Tuesday.
Profile Image
Taking out The Perils of Sisterhood. Replacement packed up and this will ship out Tuesday.

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I have chosen A Place Called Home (Twenty Writing Women Remembered) by Mickey Pearlman as I have read the other selection. I am really excited to read this. Thank you for sharing it. I will message the next in line for her address.
Profile Image
Tracking #9449010200830253052045
Profile Image
Tracking #9449010200830253052045

Thanks, heartthumper!

Profile Image

... Since Booklady331 is back to school, it will be difficult to arrange a meet up, so the books will be mailed on Monday!

The Pearl http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/2978790
Profile Image

... Since Booklady331 is back to school, it will be difficult to arrange a meet up, so the books will be mailed on Monday!

The Pearl http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/2978790

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
Thank you, Dove-i-libri. We do need to plan a meet up soon.

I am picking Poirot Loses a Client by Agatha Christie.

Will mail them off to the next person within a week. I was just at the PO yesterday.
Profile Image
Aberpeter. I will PM her again tonight.
Profile Image
Aberpeter so I am going to PM the next person on the list.
Profile Image
Aberpeter so I am going to PM the next person on the list.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Profile Image
The books have arrived..I have chosen to keep Peeled and will post soon when I send the books onward.
Profile Image
sent them media mail this afternoon.
Profile Image
sent them media mail this afternoon.

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
I'm picking The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett and adding P... Will get this back in the mail soon. :)
Profile Image
... The Prestige by Christopher Priest & Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the P-books ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.