corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter D

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter D

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter D to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another D-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
BooksandMusic
perryfran
Meekachu07
katiesmama
ravencat
Suezq60
Southernfryed
tabby-cat-owner
booklady331
heartthumper
debbie4osu - asked to skip
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
raralovestoread
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter D to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another D-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

jmsmom
BooksandMusic
perryfran
Meekachu07
katiesmama
ravencat
Suezq60
Southernfryed
tabby-cat-owner
booklady331
heartthumper
debbie4osu - asked to skip
NancyNova
Dove-i-libri
raralovestoread
cheli-garza
me
Profile Image
PM'ing you for an address...

Profile Image
... will be heading out tomorrow. Happy picking!

Profile Image
Yes, it is. Shall I add you? :-)

Profile Image
That would be great. Thank you! :)
Profile Image
I chose The Circumcision by Gyorgy Dalos.

Books are on their way. https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose They Circumcision by Gyorgy Dalos.

Books are on their way. https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I have chosen The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean. I'll mail the books on tomorrow.
Profile Image
I have chosen The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean. I'll mail the books on tomorrow.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
on their way to Perryfran.
Profile Image
on their way to Perryfran.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
...the D authors books...thanks! I will be keeping A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard. Looking forward to reading this one!

I will be sending these on to Meekachu07 along with the books that start with P ring ASAP. I'll post again when they are in the mail. Probably tomorrow. :)
Profile Image
...to Meekachu07 along with the books that begin with P ring.

Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
...to Meekachu07 along with the books that begin with P ring.

Tracking:
https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
Just wanted to update you guys that I will be out of town from March 3-10th, so both these rings will take a week to get moving again, but I will make sure to select books and replace as soon as I get home
Profile Image
I selected the book "Roadkill" by Tim Dorsey. Really like this author so I'm glad it was available.

Messaging the next person and will hopefully send out this weekend
Profile Image
Dropped them off at the post office this morning
Profile Image
Dropped them off at the post office this morning

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I chose The Dewsweepers by James Dodson. I'm pm'ing Ravencat for her address and will get these back out either Friday or Saturday. Thanks, all!
Profile Image
The tracking number is 9549 0144 0328 6086 0612 73
Happy Easter everyone!
Profile Image
The tracking number is 9549 0144 0328 6086 0612 73
Happy Easter everyone!

Thanks, katiesmama! Happy Easter!

Profile Image
Books arrived today and will make my selection in the next few days and also PM next in line for address.
Profile Image
I have chosen A Maiden's Grave by Jeffery Deaver and books now on the way to Suezq60. USPS Tracking # 9549 0112 5412 6091 2549 23
Profile Image
I have chosen A Maiden's Grave by Jeffery Deaver and books now on the way to Suezq60. USPS Tracking # 9549 0112 5412 6091 2549 23

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Hello all,

I received the "D" books. I will make my selection and get them back in the mail shortly. Have a great day!
Profile Image
I mailed the "D" books to Southernfryed on Saturday. I chose "Sister of my Heart" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.

Tracking # 9549-0121-1302-6100-1037-03
Profile Image
I mailed the "D" books to Southernfryed on Saturday. I chose "Sister of my Heart" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.

Tracking # 9549-0121-1302-6100-1037-03

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I haven't chosen yet. I am pming tabby-cat-owner and will get them moving again soon.
Profile Image
Wow, that was quick!

Profile Image
will get the books in the mail, Wednesday or Thursday.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Wow, the D-authors have passed the C-authors.

Profile Image
I have chosen "Wave Good-Bye--A Southern Beauty Shop Mystery" by Lila Dare.

I will mail the "D" books on to booklady331 asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I have chosen The Consequences of Marriage by Isla Dewar.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13126187

I will PM the next person and mail it off.

Got the address books wrapped for when I go to the PO next week.
Profile Image
They got delivered to my neighbors house. She brought them over today. I chose Undead and Unwelcome by Mary Janice Davidson. Thank you for including it! I will message debbie4osu and get it mailed off to her.
Profile Image
Off to NancyNova tomorrow.
Profile Image
Off to NancyNova tomorrow.

Thanks, heartthumper!

Profile Image
Choosing The Empty Chair by Jeffery Deaver PM'g next in line to double check address.
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549013918126154135522
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549013918126154135522

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I am sending for raralovestoread's address now so they can be on their way!

I chose Cat in an Indigo Mood by Carole Nelson Douglas http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8140075 to share in the Care Center.
Profile Image

D author Books will be mailed next Thursday - June 16. Hope that is OK. It's really a tough pay period, sorry.
Profile Image

D author Books will be mailed next Thursday - June 16. Hope that is OK. It's really a tough pay period, sorry.

OK. Thanks for letting us know!

Profile Image
I have chosen Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. I will send a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
The books arrived today. Jammed into a mail slot where they clearly didn't fit (ugh), they are a bit crumply now. Sorry about that. 😕

I'm taking out One Amazing Thing by Chitra Divakaruni and will try and get the books on their way to iwillrejoice tomorrow. The book that I'm contributing isn't registered so just register or not as you wish. :)
Profile Image
They should arrive by Friday. Tracking 9549-0103-4402-6190-0045-40
Profile Image
They should arrive by Friday. Tracking 9549-0103-4402-6190-0045-40

Thanks, cheli-garza!

Profile Image
I received Really Unusual Bad Boys by MaryJanice Davidson & The BFG by Roald Dahl.

Thanks for taking part, everybody! I'll be starting the G-Authors soon!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.