corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter C

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter C

The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter C to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another C-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

tabby-cat-owner
ravencat
jmsmom
heartthumper
raralovestoread
NancyNova
Meekachu07
perryfran
BooksandMusic
Southernfryed
debbie4osu
katiesmama
Dove-i-libri
Suezq60
booklady331
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The way it works is like this: I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter C to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another C-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

Names will be shuffled between each round.

~~~

tabby-cat-owner
ravencat
jmsmom
heartthumper
raralovestoread
NancyNova
Meekachu07
perryfran
BooksandMusic
Southernfryed
debbie4osu
katiesmama
Dove-i-libri
Suezq60
booklady331
cheli-garza
me
Profile Image
tabby-cat-owner, you're up first! PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
USPS TRACKING #9449 0096 9993 7227 6456 86

Happy picking!

Profile Image
I have chosen "What Looks Like Crazy on an ordinary day" by Pearl Cleage.

I will mail them asap as I already have ravencat's address.
Profile Image
Books arrived and I have chosen "Oxygen" by Carol Cassella. PMing next in line.
Profile Image
Books on the way to jsmmom via USPS Tracking # 9549 0112 5413 6032 2086 18
Profile Image
Books on the way to jsmmom via USPS Tracking # 9549 0112 5413 6032 2086 18

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I already have one of them so I'm keeping the other, Jerusalem Maiden by Talia Carner.
Waiting on an address from heartthumper.
Profile Image
I have chosen The Black Ice by Michael Connelly. Sending PM to the next on the list. Thanks!
Profile Image
Or perhaps it was yesterday in the midst of the storm. I just didn't make it out to the mailbox til today. I have chosen The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook. Sending a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
I already read one of them, so Patricia Cornwell will be taken out.

PM'g the next in line.
Profile Image

PM'g the next in line.

Can we get an update on this one, please? Thanks!

Profile Image

PM'g the next in line.

No answer from Meekachu, but I know she was away midmonth. Sent another PM, if no answer will skip.
Profile Image

No answer from Meekachu, but I know she was away midmonth. Sent another PM, if no answer will skip.

OK, thanks!

P.S. Just FYI... Meekachu07 is a guy. :-)

Profile Image
LOL....Nancy Nova should have my address as I sent yesterday
Profile Image
LOL....Nancy Nova should have my address as I sent yesterday

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I will need a day to figure out which one to keep
Profile Image
I don't think I will read it, but I do have a few people in mind that may enjoy it so I selected "Secrets She Left Behind" by Diane Chamberlain.

PMing next participant
Profile Image

Delay

Just ran out of printer ink so I will need to get to Target in a day or two and then can get these on their way. Books are packed and ready to go otherwise
Profile Image
These will ship tomorrow
Profile Image
These will ship tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I will be keeping Demolition Angel by Robert Crais. I have BooksandMusic's address so I will just confirm with her and these should be on their way again!
Profile Image
...to BooksandMusic. Tracking:

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I am choosing The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros. I should be able to get the books back in the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
and on their way to Southernfryed.
Profile Image
and on their way to Southernfryed.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I just got home from a week at the beach. Books are here. Sorry for the delay. I am choosing Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier. I have pm'd debbie4osu, awaiting her address.
Profile Image

Address

Getting address from next person and sending along. I'm not selecting any of these so I will keep the titles a secret.
Profile Image

sent

heading to katiesmama in Florida. Know you will find a good book!
Profile Image
heading to katiesmama in Florida. Know you will find a good book!

Did Dove-i-libri skip?

Profile Image
I've made my choice, The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr. I'll PM Dove and see if she wants to meet me or else will PM Suezq next.
Profile Image
I've made my choice, The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr. I'll PM Dove and see if she wants to meet me or else will PM Suezq next.

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
last weekend, but will be PM'ing her now to see if we can try again either Friday night after work or sometime Sat or Sun. Sorry for the delay!!
Profile Image
last weekend, but will be PM'ing her now to see if we can try again either Friday night after work or sometime Sat or Sun. Sorry for the delay!!

Thanks for letting us know! Have a nice meet-up!

Profile Image
And handed off the C books. Have a wonderful weekend!
Profile Image
And handed off the C books. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
Now. The difficult part. I always try to choose a book to pass along so I don't have another book in the house. But this time, I really want to read BOTH of these books!! I will not be able to mail the books off until Thursday, so I'll have until then to make up my mind!!!
Profile Image
I rec'd Suezq60's address and will have everything ready for mailing on Thursday.
Profile Image

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

P.S. What were the books you chose?

Profile Image
I received the "C" author books yesterday and have chosen Feeding Christine by Barbara Chepaitis. I will get the books back on their way in the next couple of days.
Profile Image
I received the "C" author books yesterday and have chosen Feeding Christine by Barbara Chepaitis. I will get the books back on their way in the next couple of days.

Books are on their way, tracking number 9549-0121-1302-6175-0010-72
Profile Image

Books are on their way, tracking number 9549-0121-1302-6175-0010-72

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I have chosen Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Crusie. I will PM the next person and move the books on this week.
Profile Image
Thank you, booklady331. :)

I've chosen The Stranger by Harlan Coben and put in ******. I am expecting a few more books to arrive in the next several days, so I'll wait a bit to see if I can send everything off at once. Regardless, I'll try to get these off sometime this week.
Profile Image
Tracking 9549-0122-0454-6201-0077-68
Profile Image
Tracking 9549-0122-0454-6201-0077-68

Thanks, cheli-garza!

Profile Image
You're welcome. :) Thanks for doing this!!
Profile Image
I received The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason and Reign of Madness by Lynn Cullen. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the C-Authors ring. H is next, but as we just sent out the G's, I'll wait a bit to start the H's.

Thanks to all for being a part of these rings!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.