corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter O

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter O

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by mailing 2 books whose title starts with the letter O to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 O-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another O-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

mrsjones
ravencat
Southernfryed
jmsmom
perryfran
Meekachu07
katiesmama
Suezq60
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
LynnGorman
BooksnBeer
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
Aberpeter
NancyNova
raralovestoread
booklady331
innae
cheli-garza
me
+CanticleLost

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by mailing 2 books whose title starts with the letter O to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 O-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another O-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

mrsjones
ravencat
Southernfryed
jmsmom
perryfran
Meekachu07
katiesmama
Suezq60
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
LynnGorman
BooksnBeer
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
Aberpeter
NancyNova
raralovestoread
booklady331
innae
cheli-garza
me
+CanticleLost

Profile Image
PM'ing mrsjones now...

Profile Image
The O-books are on the move! Here's hoping they make a safe, quick trip!

Tracking # 9449 0096 9993 7050 1647 98

Profile Image
I'll contact ravencat and make my choice. Hope to get them out in the next couple days. Thanks!
Profile Image
I chose Martha Grimes' "The Old Contemptibles." Books are now on their way to ravencat. Enjoy!
Profile Image
I chose Martha Grimes' "The Old Contemptibles." Books are now on their way to ravencat. Enjoy!

Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
Books arrived today. I am in the process of moving and will try and get to my books by next week. Will PM next in line for address.
Profile Image
I chose "On Dangerous Ground". Books mailed today to southernfryed USPS Tracking # 9549 0100 2522 5325 0191 85
Profile Image
I chose "On Dangerous Ground". Books mailed today to southernfryed USPS Tracking # 9549 0100 2522 5325 0191 85

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I chose Off For The Sweet Hereafter by T.R. Pearson. I'm going out of town for the holiday weekend so I won't get this to the post office until next week. Pming jmsmom for an address.
Profile Image
I chose One Mississippi by Mark Childress. Books on their way this afternoon.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
I chose One Mississippi by Mark Childress. Books on their way this afternoon.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I selected The Other Daughter by Lisa Gardner. Meekachu07 has already provided an address so I should have these back in the mail on Monday.
Profile Image
In case anyone PM's me while I'm gone, I'll be away from 12/18 and returning 12/26. I'll send my address again to Iwillrejoice in a PM, that way nothing will have to wait for my return. Even if books should arrive before me, they'll be held safely in the office for me.
Happy Holidays, all!!
Profile Image
Thanks for letting us know, katiesmama. Happy Holidays to you, as well!

Profile Image
I have selected "Outlaw Mountain" by J.A. Jance....messaging the next person up
Profile Image
Tracking is 9449009699938065062062
Profile Image
Tracking is 9449009699938065062062

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
They arrived last Thursday, but I was under the weather so didn't have a chance to note here until today. Neither of the books is to my taste and since I don't do much wild releasing/challenges etc. I think I'm just going to repackage and send to the next in line. PM'ing Suezq60 now. Sorry for the delay and not choosing one.
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0112 5784 6009 4222 88
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
Hi! I received the O books today, hope to have a short turn around and get them moving again shortly.
Profile Image

O Book

I chose "Oceans Apart", but am having trouble logging it. I don't see a way to update the book's status. Probably operator error, but could someone assist? The BC# is 10012938. Thanks!

The other books will be in the mail later today.
Profile Image
I chose "Oceans Apart", but am having trouble logging it. I don't see a way to update the book's status. Probably operator error, but could someone assist? The BC# is XXX-10012938. Thanks!

The other books will be in the mail later today.

I see you haven't yet made a journal entry, to "catch" the book. To do that, enter that number into the BCID box at the top of the page. Then, just make a journal entry in the field below the book's details. Then, under that field, there is a drop-down menu with To Be Read, Available, etc. on it. Choose what you like, then hit "Submit Journal Entry".

P.S. You should also edit your post here to remove the first 3 numbers of the BCID. The reason for that is that this is a public forum - anyone can see what we write here. And sometimes people who are not BookCrossers will take the opportunity to write weird journal entries on books, if they find a BCID posted in full like that. It's better for only people who actually have the book in hand to be able to have that whole BCID.

Hope this helps!

Profile Image

Thanks!

Thanks for the help. I was trying to make the journal entry but the box wasn't showing up. It is now though so like I said, must've been doing something wrong. :-/
Profile Image
The "O" books were mailed on Friday. Tracking # 9549-0121-1302-6015-0593-24
Profile Image
The "O" books were mailed on Friday. Tracking # 9549-0121-1302-6015-0593-24

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I've chosen:

The Old Manor House by Charlotte Smith.

I'll have them back on their way soon.
Profile Image
to tabby-cat-owner
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I have chosen Odd Hours by Dean Koontz.

I will mail the O books asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
the O books! I am going to keep Out of the Night That Covers Me by Pat Cunningham Devoto. I am sending a PM to the next in line.
Profile Image

O books

are in the mail & should arrive Tuesday!
Profile Image
are in the mail & should arrive Tuesday!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image

O books

I received the O package yesterday. I will choose The Opposite of Fate, Memories of a Writing Life by Amy Tan.

I have my O book read and I'll get the package out as soon as I receive the next address.
Profile Image
They are on their way. The tracking number is:
9549 0129 9128 6043 2352 31
Profile Image
They are on their way. The tracking number is:
9549 0129 9128 6043 2352 31

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
I have chosen The Other Side of Darkness by Melody Carson. Will mail when I get an address.

Thanks!
Profile Image
and on their way!
Profile Image
and on their way!

Thanks, heartthumper!

P.S. You've sure got a lot of books coming & going right now!

Profile Image
Added my book and they are packed. Sending a PM to Aberpeter now and the package will be sent out when I get the address from them!
Profile Image
... O books will be on their way the day after tomorrow!
Profile Image
... O books will be on their way the day after tomorrow!

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I'm keeping Out to Canaan.

PMing NancyNova for her address.
Profile Image
But haven't gotten an address yet...

I'm headed out of town and will be completely off the grid for a week. I'm sure the address will be waiting for me upon my return and will mail the books at that time. With that said, the O books will be mailed sometime the week of the 21st.
Profile Image
But haven't gotten an address yet...

I'm headed out of town and will be completely off the grid for a week. I'm sure the address will be waiting for me upon my return and will mail the books at that time. With that said, the O books will be mailed sometime the week of the 21st.

OK. Thanks for letting us know! Have a nice trip!

Profile Image
It only took six days after returning from vacation to mail the books :-/
Profile Image
Thanks for letting us know.

Profile Image
and PM'g the next in line.
Profile Image
and PM'g the next in line.

Have the address - will get out in the mail next week. Choosing Outer Banks http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12605984
Profile Image
Oh so delinquent in getting to the post office. Finally got there today.

Tracking # 9549013918116109114009
Profile Image
Oh so delinquent in getting to the post office. Finally got there today.

Tracking # 9549013918116109114009

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I have chosen Open House by Elizabeth Berg. Sending a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
My pick is
On Amazing Thing by Chitra Divakaruni
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11418904

I am PMing the next person for an address.
Profile Image
I am not sure I am interested in either one (sad, I know) -- so will likely just get them moving again :-)
Profile Image
I am sorry...forgot to post here when I sent them out. I think it was on Monday the 23rd to cheli-garza
Profile Image
I am sorry...forgot to post here when I sent them out. I think it was on Monday the 23rd to cheli-garza

OK, thanks, innae!

Profile Image
Thanks for sending them, innae. :) It's too bad that neither looked irresistible to you.
As for myself, I am picking On the Far Side of the Mountain (with My Side of the Mountain). They look great!!
Iwillrejoice, the O books and the L books are going out in the mail today. I'll message you with the tracking number.
Profile Image
Iwillrejoice, the O books and the L books are going out in the mail today. I'll message you with the tracking number.

Great! I'll look forward to it!

Profile Image
I received On the Edge by Ilona Andrews & Original Sin by Beth McMullen. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the O-ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.