corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter N

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter N

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter N to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 N-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another I-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

perryfran
mrsjones
Meekachu07
ravencat
katiesmama
Southernfryed
BooksandMusic
Ollie1976 -- asked to skip
mngirl -- asked to skip
jmsmom
Suezq60
BooksnBeer
LynnGorman
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
heartthumper
Aberpeter
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
innae
CanticleLost
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter N to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 N-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another I-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

perryfran
mrsjones
Meekachu07
ravencat
katiesmama
Southernfryed
BooksandMusic
Ollie1976 -- asked to skip
mngirl -- asked to skip
jmsmom
Suezq60
BooksnBeer
LynnGorman
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
heartthumper
Aberpeter
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
booklady331
innae
CanticleLost
cheli-garza
me
Profile Image
Off to PM perryfran now...

Profile Image
Tracking # 9449 0096 9993 7965 8008 97

Happy picking!

Profile Image
Received the N books...thanks iwillrejoice! I will be keeping Nathan's Run by John Gilstrap since I have already read the other book. I have my book ready and will send these on as soon as I get an address...
Profile Image
...to msrjones. Tracking link:

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I'm a little worried about this one, since I see that mrsjones is in Florida. I hope not for the winter!

Always good to confirm before you ship, even if you have the address. (Maybe you did?)

Profile Image
I'm a little worried about this one, since I see that mrsjones is in Florida. I hope not for the winter!

Always good to confirm before you ship, even if you have the address. (Maybe you did?)

I did confirm her address. Hopefully, the books are going to the right place...sent to Ohio 😅
Profile Image

I did confirm her address. Hopefully, the books are going to the right place...sent to Ohio 😅

Oh, good - Thanks! Just a little vacation, then, maybe. Color me worrywart, I guess.

Profile Image
Two good ones. It was hard to choose, but I'll take Nature Girl.
Hope to get the books out to Meekachu07 by the end of the week.

Btw- I was just in Florida for the weekend. ;)
Profile Image
I will select "Never Let You Go" byt Erin Healy

I have the next person's address and will ship them these book as well as the authors that start with B
Profile Image
Here is tracking: 9449009699937021576735

These will be traveling with the authors that start with letter "B" as ravencat as next for both
Profile Image
Here is tracking: 9449009699937021576735

These will be traveling with the authors that start with letter "B" as ravencat as next for both

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
Books arrived today with B authors books. I chose Now You See Her by James Patterson. Will PM next in line for address.
Profile Image
Books on the way to katiesmama USPS Tracking # 9114 9014 9645 0469 5748 77
Profile Image
Books on the way to katiesmama USPS Tracking # 9114 9014 9645 0469 5748 77

Thanks again, ravencat!

Profile Image
As I've read one of them, it was an easy choice for me. I'm taking November of the Heart by LaVyrle Spencer. PM'ing Southernfryed for her address.
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0110 5294 5318 4485 87
Profile Image
I am chosing The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin. I'm also pming Booksandmusic for an address. Will get them moving again in the next day or so.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I chose Now You See Her by James Patterson. I hope to get the books into the mail on Monday.
Profile Image
wishes to be skipped. So onto mngirl.
Profile Image

mngirl

wishes to be skipped as well. So I will try jmsmom
Profile Image
to jmsmom.
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I chose The Nightingale Before Christmas by Donna Andrews. Books are on their way.

Profile Image
I chose The Nightingale Before Christmas by Donna Andrews. Box are on their way.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
Good morning all,

I received the N books yesterday. I'll pick one and get them back on their way soon. Have a great day!
Profile Image
Good morning all,

I received the N books yesterday. I'll pick one and get them back on their way soon. Have a great day!

So, what did you pick, Suezq60? :-)

Profile Image

I Chose...

I chose Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich. The books will be in the mail this afternoon.
Profile Image

I chose Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich. The books will be in the mail this afternoon.

Great! Thanks!

Profile Image
The N Books are on their way, however the post office said due to the holiday rush they may not may it before Christmas. :-/
Profile Image
The N Books are on their way, however the post office said due to the holiday rush they may not may it before Christmas. :-/

That's to be expected. Thanks for letting us know!

Profile Image
Well, the post office moved these along quickly. Unfortunately, faster than I thought, because I am still reading my N book. I do promise to move these along right after Christmas. I'll PM the next in line so that I have the address and can send them as soon as I finish my book.
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay!! The N package is finally going in the mail today.

I choose The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner. Looks like an entertaining Detective mystery.
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
I will pick Now You See Her by James Patterson. I am PMing the next in line.
Profile Image
in the mail!
Profile Image
in the mail!

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
The book that I've chosen is "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency',http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12223671/

I've already read the book but I shall pass it on. I shall send this on asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
PM'g next in line, will note my selection when I post it forward
Profile Image
I chose Needle and Thread http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8111738

I try to read an ABC book in advance for this ring. And I did. But, when I went to release the "N" book I had ready - it came from the next in line for this ring....ooops.

So I just pulled another ABC "N" book - it's skinny - and it doesn't have a j/e from heartthumper...nor the rest of the folks on this ring. Should be read in the next week or so, THEN the bookring will move along.

(and off to check the next rings that's I'm waiting for to make sure what I'm pulled to read will work)

Profile Image
Replacement book read & this box going out with a bonus wishlist book included for heartthumper.
tracking #: 9549011038806051490724
Profile Image
Replacement book read & this box going out with a bonus wishlist book included for heartthumper.

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I chose North Carolina Legends by Richard Walser.

PM to be sent to next on the list.

Thanks Nancy Nova for the wishlist book Bull Island by Dorthea Benton-Frank. Love her stories!
Profile Image
Will post again after I've made my decision on which book to keep.
Profile Image
The bookring will be off to raralovestoread tomorrow.
Profile Image
The bookring will be off to raralovestoread tomorrow.

Thanks, Aberpeter!

Profile Image
I am choosing (In) Name Only http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12018305

Added my own book to the one that remains, and they are actually already packed to go!

I'll contact the book lady and see how she wants to do this ... I may meet up with her to pass the books along!
Profile Image
USPS tracking Number: 9549 0214 9441 6090 0000 16
Profile Image
USPS tracking Number: 9549 0214 9441 6090 0000 16

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I am choosing Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.

I will contact the next person and move this ring along.
Profile Image
Just mailed off the M books and now have the n books ...I am choosing Nice Girls don't Have Fangs. ;)
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549 0104 5031 6111 4582 87 - Headed to CanticleLost again :-)
Profile Image
Tracking # 9549 0104 5031 6111 4582 87 - Headed to CanticleLost again :-)

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
Copy from M post:

We had a mass exodus at work that left me as the only employee... I'm finally getting some time off. Thank you for the understanding. I'm going to give it a week or so before I bombard her with the N's.\\

Profile Image
No response to PM's & it's been over a month. :-/
Profile Image
... to cheli-garza when I get home.

Profile Image
I chose No Shirt, No Shoes... No Problem by Jeff Foxworthy. :) Since I wasn't prepared for this I'm going to hurry up and read an N book from my own shelf to contribute before sending this on. Also, this came with at least six books, so I may wild release a few as well. Regardless, this will be back on the road in a week.
Profile Image
I chose No Shirt, No Shoes... No Problem by Jeff Foxworthy. :) Since I wasn't prepared for this I'm going to hurry up and read an N book from my own shelf to contribute before sending this on. Also, this came with at least six books, so I may wild release a few as well. Regardless, this will be back on the road in a week.

Wow. I was just thinking about the M & N books. Did the M's come with the N's?

Profile Image
Nope. Only the N books. Also, I just released Northern Lights from here. By Philip Pullman. :)
Profile Image
I'll get these sent on their way next week...
Profile Image
... were mailed yesterday. Same package. Tracking 9549012204526253025101.
Profile Image
... were mailed yesterday. Same package. Tracking 9549012204526253025101.

Thanks, cheli-garza!

Profile Image
They travelled together with the M-books. I received The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri & The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the N-ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.