corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter M

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter M

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter M to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 M-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another M-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

katiesmama
BooksandMusic
LynnGorman
Aberpeter
perryfran
jmsmom
tabby-cat-owner
Ollie1976 -- asked to skip
Stephario -- no response
mrsjones
booklady331
ravencat
Southernfryed
NancyNova
BooksnBeer
heartthumper
Meekachu07
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
Suezq60
innae
CanticleLost
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter M to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 M-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another M-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

katiesmama
BooksandMusic
LynnGorman
Aberpeter
perryfran
jmsmom
tabby-cat-owner
Ollie1976 -- asked to skip
Stephario -- no response
mrsjones
booklady331
ravencat
Southernfryed
NancyNova
BooksnBeer
heartthumper
Meekachu07
raralovestoread
Dove-i-libri
Suezq60
innae
CanticleLost
cheli-garza
me
Profile Image
Aberpeter, you're up first. PM'ing for an address now...

Profile Image

Hmm...

Looks like she's on vacation. Well, I already sent the PM. If I don't hear back by tomorrow, I'll just bump her down the list & move on to the next person.

Gotta love summer!

Profile Image
PM'ing to confirm address now.

Profile Image
I would love to play! I hope I'm not too late, his would be my first ring.
Profile Image
I pm'd you also, but the address you have for me is correct. I'm ready to go with my M book:).
Profile Image
I pm'd you also, but the address you have for me is correct. I'm ready to go with my M book:).

OK! I'll get them in the mail ASAP!

Profile Image
Tracking # 9449 0096 9993 9193 2774 65. Happy picking!

Profile Image
Not in time for me to get right back out in the mail, but I do have BooksandMusic's address so they'll be on their way next Saturday. That gives me a week to choose which one I want to keep:) Although it's not going to take me that long.......
Profile Image
I took out Merle's Door: Lessons from a Free Thinking Dog. Sent media mail, tracking #9549 0110 7022 5241 3805 02. Thank you, Iwillrejoice, these rings are fun!
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
The books came today, I have made my selection and will mail them on as soon as I have an address.
Profile Image
The books came today, I have made my selection and will mail them on as soon as I have an address.

What did you choose?

Profile Image
sorry, forgot to post that! I chose Mercy Falls.
Profile Image
Cool. Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image

M books

have arrived! I will keep "Maiden Rock" & PM the next in line.
Profile Image

M books

I just got an address 2 days ago. My son is in the hospital with pneumonia rt now so I will get these in the mail as soon as I can.
Profile Image
I just got an address 2 days ago. My son is in the hospital with pneumonia rt now so I will get these in the mail as soon as I can.

So sorry to hear your son is ill, LynnGorman. I pray he makes a full recovery soon. Thanks for keeping us updated on the ring's progress.

Profile Image

M books

are back on the move! Thanks, iwillrejoice! I'm sorry for the delay. I have the tracking # if it becomes needed.
Profile Image
I have chosen Miracle Cure by Michael Palmer.

PMing the next in line.
Profile Image
I will select "Mississippi Trial, 1955" by Chris Crowe. This looks like a very interesting fictionalized account of the Emmett Till story.

I will get the M books moving again as soon as I confirm jmsmom's address. :-)
Profile Image
I chose Mulberry Park by Judy Duarte

Sent a pm to tabby-cat-owner yesterday afternoon, when I get an address I'll get them off.
Profile Image
I have chosen "Montana Sky" by Nora Roberts.

I will mail them on when I get the next address.
Profile Image
I will send a PM to the next person on the list.
Profile Image
...to MrsJones.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
It's funny -- I just finished reading 'Wild' and the author talks about having never read a James Michener novel. Then I got the M books and 'Mexico' was in there. Seems like a sign, so that's what I chose.

Sending the books out to booklady331 tomorrow.
Profile Image
Sending the books out to booklady331 tomorrow.

Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
... ever arrive, booklady331?

Just wondering if they got lost in the Christmas rush...

Profile Image
I have been so busy and away a lot of the time. I am finally making my choice.

I am picking Madensky Square. Will get the books off to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, booklady331!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler. Will mail books as soon as I get next person address.
Profile Image
Books mailed to Southerynfryed USPSTracking#9549 0139 0638 6020 2372 85. Sorry for the delay between a bad cold and snow I was homebound for a week but today the sun is shinning and feeling pretty good!!
Profile Image
Books mailed to Southerynfryed USPSTracking#9549 0139 0638 6020 2372 85. Sorry for the delay between a bad cold and snow I was homebound for a week but today the sun is shinning and feeling pretty good!!

Thanks, ravencat! Glad the sun is shining & you feel better!

Profile Image
I'm choosing Murder of a Sweet Old Lady by Denise Swanson. I'm pming NancyNova for her address. It will probably be next Monday, Feb. 1 before I get to the post office.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
Envelope looked a little worse for the wear. Now the M's are having a meet and greet with the N's that arrived yesterday.

PM'g the next in line, then will post with my selection and the tracking # when they leave again.
Profile Image
I chose Montana from the ring. This one is going out with 2 wishlist book friends later today, so it's been converted into a box. Will post the tracking # when I get back from the PO.

Profile Image
I chose Montana from the ring. This one is going out with 2 wishlist book friends later today, so it's been converted into a box. Will post the tracking # when I get back from the PO.

Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I received this package yesterday - good thing because, it is snowing again here. :-(

The book package/box arrived with two Wishlist books - THANK YOU!!! I will bring these to bookclub as recommendations for next month's read.

I am going to choose The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

I have my M book read and will get it out as soon as I can get out of home - guess I need to go outside and shovel.
Profile Image
I posted this package on 2/18/16. The tracking number is: 9549 0132 4442 6049 1641 04

Happy Happy Joy Joy.
Profile Image
I posted this package on 2/18/16. The tracking number is: 9549 0132 4442 6049 1641 04

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
I chose A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl. Will send to the next on the list as soon as I get her address.
Profile Image
I will be taking "My Story" by Elizabeth Smart....PMing the next person in line
Profile Image
Is it all right if I pass both of them on? One I have already read and didn't enjoy and the other doesn't interest me. Sending a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Is it all right if I pass both of them on? One I have already read and didn't enjoy and the other doesn't interest me. Sending a PM to the next person.

Absolutely. Our rules say: If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

So, if passing them both on is your choice, that's perfectly fine.

Profile Image
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13877462/

Sending for Suezq60's address now so the package can be mailed soon ....
Profile Image
USPS tracking # 9549 0214 9441 6082 0000 31
Profile Image
Hi !

I received the M Books and have chosen "Murder on the Menu" by Miranda Bliss. I will get the box back in the mail in a day or two.
Profile Image
The "M" books were mailed yesterday. Tracking # 9549-0106-9938-6090-2749-46
Profile Image
The "M" books were mailed yesterday. Tracking # 9549-0106-9938-6090-2749-46

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
Will choose and mail off soon!
Profile Image

ready to send

I have decided that neither book is calling to me, so I am sending them both off again. Headed to CanticleLost -- will post the tracking number as soon as I can.
Profile Image
I received the M books yesterday -- will decide on one tonight and journal. Already PM'd cheli-garza for L and M books.
Profile Image

M

Apologies! I took Middlesex - Jefferey Eugenides. Will be mailing out by tomorrow along with the L books.

We had a mass exodus at work that left me as the only employee... I'm finally getting some time off. Thank you for the understanding. I'm going to give it a week or so before I bombard her with the N's.
Profile Image

RE: M

Apologies! I took Middlesex - Jefferey Eugenides. Will be mailing out by tomorrow along with the L books.

Thanks, CanticleLost!

Profile Image
:-)
Profile Image
CanticleLost? cheli-garza?

Profile Image
Sorry!
Profile Image
... I'll see about sending some M-books to cheli-garza. Be patient, grasshopper!

Profile Image
Did they get lost after CanticleLost? I just messaged CL to see if they were sent. Just making sure they didn't arrive here somehow and then not get sent on. Although it's a bit unlikely since my M book has been ready and waiting, just sitting on a window sill for a whole now...I hate to think that I could be a staller. But for the past few weeks I've only had LMNO books on my mind and have gotten them all mixed up! :(
Profile Image
After looking at my messages, I realize I was thinking of the O books that I recently received from innae. No, I don't think I got the M books...
Profile Image
After looking at my messages, I realize I was thinking of the O books that I recently received from innae. No, I don't think I got the M books...

Hi, cheli-garza,

As you know by now, jmsmom has graciously offered to re-start this ring, so if you'll just send her your address, M-books will be headed your way soon. Happy picking!

Profile Image
Should I send the books to cheli-garza, or to iwillrejoice?
Profile Image
Should I send the books to cheli-garza, or to iwillrejoice?

Please send them to cheli-garza. Thanks!

Profile Image
Hi all -- I am so, so sorry about the length of time.

I was in a car accident recently and then had surgery last week. I have the M and N books ready to go-- I just haven't had the chance to send them out, yet. My car was also totaled. I am not usually a staller -- I promise I will get these out as soon as I am able to. I have everything ready to send, I just have to get to the post office.

Thank you for your understanding. It's been a rough month with work and the accident.

Thank you for being kind about my massive amount of time.
Profile Image
These arrived safe and sound a few days ago. Taking out Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I'll get the other and my addition sent on their way next week, along with the N books.
Profile Image
I took the liberty of selecting it as well. I hope that's OK. Marked (House of Night, Book 1)
by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast has been wild released in a place where it could really help someone to pass the time, Baylor Hospital. 👍😷😌
Profile Image
... were mailed yesterday. Same package. Tracking 9549012204526253025101.
Profile Image
... were mailed yesterday. Same package. Tracking 9549012204526253025101.

Thanks again, cheli-garza!

Profile Image
I received The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury & Mothers and Other Liars by Amy Bourret. Thanks for sharing, everybody!

This concludes the M-ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.