corner corner [CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter A

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC Authors Book Rings - US version - Letter A

We're almost half-way through our ABC (Alphabet) Book Rings, & I was just thinking that it would be fun to do one based on authors' last names, when apparently rodespringbal had the same idea! But since she doesn't include US members because of our high international postage costs, she PM'd me & asked if I'd be doing an ABC ring based on authors' names for the US members. I had originally thought to do it when we finished the alphabet one, but I don't see why we couldn't start now.

So, if you're interested, let me know by commenting here!

The way it will work will be pretty much the same as the ABC Book Rings we're doing now, except instead of being books whose title begins with a particular letter, we'll send books whose author's last name begins with that letter. So, I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter A to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another A-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

Southernfryed
Meekachu07
perryfran
tabby-cat-owner
katiesmama
booklady331
BooksandMusic
ravencat
NancyNova
debbie4osu
jmsmom
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
raralovestoread
Suezq60
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
We're almost half-way through our ABC (Alphabet) Book Rings, & I was just thinking that it would be fun to do one based on authors' last names, when apparently rodespringbal had the same idea! But since she doesn't include US members because of our high international postage costs, she PM'd me & asked if I'd be doing an ABC ring based on authors' names for the US members. I had originally thought to do it when we finished the alphabet one, but I don't see why we couldn't start now.

So, if you're interested, let me know by commenting here!

The way it will work will be pretty much the same as the ABC Book Rings we're doing now, except instead of being books whose title begins with a particular letter, we'll send books whose author's last name begins with that letter. So, I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose author's last name starts with the letter A to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another A-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

Southernfryed
Meekachu07
perryfran
tabby-cat-owner
katiesmama
booklady331
BooksandMusic
ravencat
NancyNova
debbie4osu
jmsmom
Dove-i-libri
heartthumper
raralovestoread
Suezq60
me

Profile Image
Profile Image
You're in!

Profile Image
Should be interesting
Profile Image
...I enjoy your ABC rings. Thanks
Profile Image
Thanks!

Profile Image
Thanks for organizing this.
Profile Image
Thanks for organizing this.

Glad to have you with us!

Profile Image

I'm in !

I've PM'd you.
Profile Image
I've PM'd you.

Got your PM & have added you to the list. Welcome!

Profile Image
You're in!

Profile Image

Yes!

I would like to join.
Profile Image
I would like to join.

Gotcha down!

Profile Image
Sounds great!! Please add me..Thanks
Profile Image
Sounds great!! Please add me..Thanks

You're added!

Profile Image

OK!

We've got enough to make a go of this. Can you believe that we started the alphabet rings with 8? They've sure grown since then, & maybe this will too.

So, let me do a little reading & get ahead a bit, & we'll get this started. We'll aim for 8/1.

See you then!

Profile Image

I'm in!

I'll start perusing my availables...then start reading ahead for some, like I do with the alphabet ones.
Profile Image

join in

I would like to try this one, thanks for making it available.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining!

Profile Image

Me please

Thanks!
Profile Image
You're in!

Profile Image
You're in!

(Nah, this is easy-peasy! I know you've got loads of books in your stash!)

Profile Image
Southernfryed, you're up first! PM'ing for an address now...

Profile Image
Profile Image
You're in!

Profile Image
Books are on their way! USPS tracking # 9449 0096 9993 7792 7195 08

Profile Image
I have not made a selection yet but I have pm'd Meekachu07 for his address. Will get this moving again soon.
Profile Image
I will get this ring back in the mail in the next day or so.
Profile Image
I'd like to join the fun.
Profile Image
Not too late. You're in!

Profile Image
I will figure out what i want and what i will replace with shortly
Profile Image
Actually I won't reveal what I've replaced it with...by I did select "We'll Always Have Parrots" by Donna Andrews

I will PM next in line and get this moving
Profile Image
Books will ship today
Profile Image
Books will ship today

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I received the A authors books today and am selecting Oracle Night by Paul Auster. I will contact the next in line and get these moving again with my replacement as soon as I confirm the address.
Profile Image
Books are in the mail.

Tracking link: https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...

Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I have chosen "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou.

I will get the address of the next person on the list and mail tlhem.
Profile Image
...to the next person on the list.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
There's a note in my mailbox that I have 2 packages waiting and I think it's this ring and the I Books. I'll stop in on my way home tomorrow night and will let you know definitely, but will also make arrangements with booklady to drop these off to her on Sat.
Profile Image
I've chosen Zorro by Isabel Allende (I love her books!) and will do a drop off to Booklady Saturday. Thank you!
Profile Image
At my door today by katiesmama. I am picking The UnAmericans by Molly Antopol. I will add my book and mail it off
Profile Image
when I get to the PO this week.
Profile Image
when I get to the PO this week.

Thanks, booklady331!

Profile Image
I was out of town and found this package when I got home tonight. I have made my selection: Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander M.D. Thank you very much. I will get the package to the next person as soon as I can.
Profile Image
Will make selection in next few day and will message next in line.

Profile Image
I have chosen The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. I have next persons address and books will be mailed tomorrow.
Profile Image
I have chosen The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. I have next persons address and books will be mailed tomorrow.

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Books on their way. Sorry for the delay in posting on forum as I am in the process of moving..USPS tracking# 9114 9014 9645 0238 9611 05
Profile Image
Books on their way. Sorry for the delay in posting on forum as I am in the process of moving..USPS tracking# 9114 9014 9645 0238 9611 05

Thanks, ravencat! Good luck with the move!

Profile Image
PM'g the next in line. Need to finish the book to go into the ring (glad I picked the one I did and not the other one - that author was already in the ring). Shouldn't take too long.

Will post when I send this along.
Profile Image
Replacement ready, so will be on their way today. Back with the tracking later.

I chose I Shall not be Moved by Maya Angelou
Profile Image
Will be making my choice soon, but pm'ing the next person now.
Profile Image

Picked

I chose
The Sum of our Days by Isabel Allende

Thanks for sending it in the VBB! I have already contacted the next person and will be moving early this week.
Profile Image

I chose

Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews

Books on their way to Dove-i-libri

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews

Books on their way to Dove-i-libri

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
Chocolate for a Woman's Soul by Kay Allenbaugh. Sending for heartthumper's address and the books will be on their way.
Profile Image
☺ Happy Traveling, Books! ☺ USPS Tracking # 9114 9999 4431 4648 3728 30
Profile Image
☺ Happy Traveling, Books! ☺ USPS Tracking # 9114 9999 4431 4648 3728 30

Thanks, Dove-i-libri!

Profile Image
I chose Modern Magic by Louisa May Alcott. Sending pm to raralovestoread.
Profile Image
USPSTracking #9449010200882898674066
Profile Image
Thanks, heartthumper!

USPSTracking #9449010200882898674066

Maybe a typo? USPS doesn't recognize this number...

Profile Image
I have chosen A Recipe for Bees by Gail Anderson-Dargatz. Sending a pm to Suezq60.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image

A Authors

I received the A books. I will chose one and send them back out shortly.
Profile Image

A Authors

I chose "Blood of Angels" by Reed Arvin, the others are on their way.
#9549-0121-1302-6020-0611-90
Profile Image
I chose "Blood of Angels" by Reed Arvin, the others are on their way.
#9549-0121-1302-6020-0611-90

Yay! Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
I received Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom & Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

This concludes the A-Authors book ring. Now to start the D-Authors on their way...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.