corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter L

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter L

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter L to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 L-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another L-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

perryfran
jmsmom
mrsjones
NancyNova
LynnGorman
heartthumper
tabby-cat-owner
Meekachu07
booklady331
Aberpeter
BooksnBeer
BooksandMusic
raralovestoread
Ollie1976 - asked to skip
quickheels - stalled here
Southernfryed
Dove-i-libri
ravencat
katiesmama
Stephario - stalled here
Suezq60
innae
CanticleLost
cheli-garza
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter L to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 L-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another L-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

perryfran
jmsmom
mrsjones
NancyNova
LynnGorman
heartthumper
tabby-cat-owner
Meekachu07
booklady331
Aberpeter
BooksnBeer
BooksandMusic
raralovestoread
Ollie1976 - asked to skip
quickheels - stalled here
Southernfryed
Dove-i-libri
ravencat
katiesmama
Stephario - stalled here
Suezq60
innae
CanticleLost
cheli-garza
me
Profile Image
Pm'ing perryfran for an address now...

Profile Image
Tracking number #9449 0096 9993 7624 2676 34

Profile Image
the L books today. I will keep Lifeguard by James Patterson...one of his that I haven't read. Thanks! I have jmsmom's address and will be getting these back in the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
Books are in the mail. Tracking No. 9549011126305154425489

I found out media mail rates have increased slightly but includes free tracking.
Profile Image
Been out of town for almost 3 weeks, just got back last night. I took Lost Empire by Clive Cussler and the pkg. went off this morning.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
Been out of town for almost 3 weeks, just got back last night. I took Lost Empire by Clive Cussler and the pkg. went off this morning.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I 'The Last Song' and have the books ready to mail out to NancyNova tomorrow. Thanks for letting me play!
Profile Image
I 'The Last Song' and have the books ready to mail out to NancyNova tomorrow. Thanks for letting me play!

Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
I took out Letourneau's Used Auto Parts.

My replacement "L" book is ready. PM'g next in line for address.
Profile Image

"L" books

I'm not in any hurry but I was just wondering if the books have been mailed yet. Should I be getting worried that they may have gotten lost?
Profile Image
Packaging them up now and hope to get them in the mail tomorrow. Will post the tracking # when I mail. PM'g LynnGorman.
Profile Image
yesterday. I am picking Lake News by Barbara Delinsky. I am PM'g the next in line.
Profile Image
sent on their way on Tuesday, July 21st. I'm so sorry I forgot to post here!
Profile Image
sent on their way on Tuesday, July 21st.

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I chose Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury. Sending PM to the next on the list. Thanks for including me.
Profile Image
I have chosen "The Last Days of Dogtown", a novel by Anita Diamant.

I will mail the L books as soon as I have meekachu07's address.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I selected "Living a Life That Matters" by Harold Kushner

Will PM next participant
Profile Image
Postage purchased....books will ship tomorrow
Profile Image
Postage purchased....books will ship tomorrow

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I picked Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson.

PMing the next person.
Profile Image
Just wondering where the L-books are these days... :-)

Profile Image
sorry about the delayed response... got married last week and am just now returning to a somewhat normal schedule.

I am choosing Last Days of Summer

PMing next in line.
Profile Image
sorry about the delayed response... got married last week and am just now returning to a somewhat normal schedule.

I am choosing Last Days of Summer

PMing next in line.

Thanks for letting us know. Best wishes on your marriage!

Profile Image
Thanks, Aberpeter.

Profile Image
I received the L books this weekend. Just now getting a chance to check-in. Sorry for the delay. I am still thinking about which book to keep. I have my L book ready and will email the next in line for an address, while I contemplate which book to keep. I'll be back!
Profile Image
I will select Little Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper. This package will be putting this into the mail today. Enjoy.
Profile Image
I will select Little Fuzzy by H. Beam Piper. This package will be putting this into the mail today. Enjoy.

Thanks, BooksnBeer! (Thanks for picking my book!)

Profile Image
I am choosing The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card. I'll be mailing the package on as soon as I have an address.
Profile Image
are on their way to raralovestoread.
Profile Image
are on their way to raralovestoread.

Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
I will make my selection soon.
Profile Image
PM'ing the next person for an address.
Profile Image
I will be mailing the books to quickheels tomorrow. Ollie1976 asked to be skipped.
Profile Image
I will be mailing the books to quickheels tomorrow.

Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
Just wondering if the books have arrived...

Profile Image
... but I'm afraid this ring has stalled. No response to my PM, & it's been almost a month... I'll try to get a couple L-books read ASAP & get this going again.

Profile Image
tabby-cat-owner has graciously stepped in & volunteered to re-start this ring, so we're back in business! I've been reading L-books as fast as I can, but just wasn't quite ready to go, so this is a great help. Thanks so much, tabby-cat-owner!

So, be on the look-out for L-books, Southernfryed. They'll be heading your way soon!

Profile Image
Thanks again, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I am chosing The Line Between Here and Gone by Andrea Kane. Pming innae for her address and will get this moving again later this week.
Profile Image
I'm choosing Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie. Books will be on their way as soon as I get Ravencat's address!
Profile Image
Books arrived today and I have chosen Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey. I love Downton Abbey and can't wait to read this one and I have already read the other "L" book so this choice was easy!! Will send books out as soon as I get next persons address.
Profile Image
Books mailed today to katiesmama. USPS Tracking # 9549 0114 5954 6006 3935 86
Profile Image
Books mailed today to katiesmama. USPS Tracking # 9549 0114 5954 6006 3935 86

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I've made my choice, Love and Miss Communication and will PM Stephario for their address. As with the K books, it'll be next Saturday before I can get them moving, but I'll post back then with the tracking number.
Profile Image
tracking 9549 0112 5784 6023 4605 94
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
Stephario, have you had a chance to choose one & mail them yet?

Profile Image
Yes, sorry. Got a little hectic around here. I've chosen Look Again, by Lisa Scottoline. I've pm'd Suezq60 for her address and will package up the books as soon as I get it. They'll be in the mail Tuesday.
Profile Image
Yes, sorry. Got a little hectic around here. I've chosen Look Again, by Lisa Scottoline. I've pm'd Suezq60 for her address and will package up the books as soon as I get it. They'll be in the mail Tuesday.

Great! Thanks!

Profile Image

L Books

Good morning!

I have not seen the books yet, did they get sent out?

Thanks!
Profile Image

Good morning!

I have not seen the books yet, did they get sent out?

Thanks!

I do not know if Stephario has mailed the books yet, but if she mailed it when she said she would, it's only been 7 days. Let's give it a bit longer.

Profile Image
... next Tuesday, we'll declare this this one stalled & re-start it as soon as I'm able.

(Reading an L-book now just in case)

Profile Image
But perryfran has volunteered to re-start it. Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
...replacement L books are in the mail to Suezq60. Hopefully, this ring will now make it to the end!

Tracking:
Profile Image
...replacement L books are in the mail to Suezq60. Hopefully, this ring will now make it to the end!

Tracking:

Yay! Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I received the L books yesterday. Newbie question - how do I find innae in order to PM them? I haven't seen a way to search for a member by name. Thanks! :-)
Profile Image
At the top of this page, click on the BOOK & PEOPLE tab. Then click SEARCH. Next click on the MEMBER tab. Type the name in the MEMBER TAB.
Profile Image
I received the L books yesterday. Newbie question - how do I find innae in order to PM them? I haven't seen a way to search for a member by name. Thanks! :-)

I usually just type it into the browser address after mybookshelf like this:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/innae/

You should be able to click on this link to get to her page. :)
Profile Image

I usually just type it into the browser address after mybookshelf like this:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/innae/

You should be able to click on this link to get to her page. :)

I didn't even think of that, thanks! *headthump*
Profile Image
I have chosen "A Lucky Child, a Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy". I will get the package in the mail to innae tomorrow.
Profile Image
I have chosen "A Lucky Child, a Memoir of Surviving Auschwitz as a Young Boy". I will get the package in the mail to innae tomorrow.

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
Mailed Friday 18 March
Profile Image
I think they arrived sometime during the Blizzard of 16 (I had 2 feet of snow in my driveway - much of it drifted though, so not sure how much actual accumulation) -- I have made my choice - selecting Losing Julia - and will get them headed out as soon as I have an address :-)
Profile Image
I think they arrived sometime during the Blizzard of 16 (I had 2 feet of snow in my driveway - much of it drifted though, so not sure how much actual accumulation) -- I have made my choice - selecting Losing Julia - and will get them headed out as soon as I have an address :-)

Glad you and the books both survived. :-)
Profile Image
I am choosing (In) Name Only http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12018305

Added my own book to the one that remains, and they are actually already packed to go!

Sending for Ravencat's address now. I may have it, but I need to Pm anyway just to make sure she is ready for the books' arrival!

Erp - You do know this is the L-books thread, right??? Your N-book should be heading to booklady331 next!

Profile Image
Please check your messages! Thx!

Profile Image
I have the perfect L book... :)
Profile Image
I have the perfect L book... :)

I'll add you to the list!

Profile Image
Today! and the post office was BUSY..go figure.

Tracking # 9549 0104 5034 6097 4455 82
Profile Image
Today! and the post office was BUSY..go figure.

Tracking # 9549 0104 5034 6097 4455 82

Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
So sorry for the delay in journaling! Mass exodus at work :(

Taking Danielle Steele's "Legacy" --- PMing cheli-garza to pass on! (Will journal book today after work).

Profile Image
About two weeks ago... Right when we got a new kitten... He's not a normal kitten. He's humongous, smart, a troublemaker, and acts like a dog. Little weirdo. So yeah, I've been distracted. My apologies, everyone. I'm messaging iwillrejoice for an address and will get this package back on the road ASAP.
Profile Image
I'm messaging iwillrejoice for an address and will get this package back on the road ASAP.

Haven't received your PM yet... This would be both the L & the M books?

P.S. What books did you choose? :-)

Profile Image
Do you want me wait and mail them together?
Profile Image
Do you want me wait and mail them together?

No, let's keep the books moving. Hopefully the M's are not stalled & will turn up soon.

Profile Image
I received Legacy by Danielle Steel & The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Thanks, everybody!

This concludes the L-ring.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.