corner corner Manga Bookbox (US Only) - traveling now

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Manga Bookbox (US Only) - traveling now

(Apologies if there's already a manga-themed box in circulation. I looked and didn't see one, but I could have easily missed one.)

I have a lovely pile of manga that is just begging to find a new home, so I'm thinking of starting a manga bookbox if there is interest. If you would be interested in joining, please PM me OR leave a message here at the forum.

FORMAT: FREE FOR ALL
If it's manga/graphic novel, it's in. No restrictions.

Mailing order:
- GoryDetails (NH)
- nimrodiel
- HI77 (FL)
- emmejo (NY)
- hyphen8 (HI)
- azuki (FL) - (later) <- bookbox is here
- spacedog (MA)
k00kaburra - CA (last)

--

Rules - pretty much the standard
- Please keep the box no longer than 2 weeks.
- Please update the forum thread when the box arrives and is sent out again!
- Please journal the books you remove from the box and replace with the same number or more.
- Please use delivery confirmation.
- Please do not add books containing mold, large stains, or smell heavily of smoke. I love used books, but they shouldn't be gross or trigger allergies.
- I reserve the right to remove someone from the list if I believe there may be a problem with their participation.

--

"How does a Bookbox work?" (From the Bookcrossing.com FAQs)
Bookbox - Person #1 gathers together a bunch of books, This can be as few as 8 or 10, or as many as 30 or 40 paperbacks. The books can be themed (sci-fi, chick-lit, romance, children's, etc) or just random books. After posting a message on the Bookring/Ray forum, s/he gathers a list of interested participants. Box is mailed to Person #2, who takes out a couple of books and puts the same amount back in, then mails it to Person #3. Eventually, the box will make it back to Person #1, who has a lot of new books to read!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
(Apologies if there's already a manga-themed box in circulation. I looked and didn't see one, but I could have easily missed one.)

I have a lovely pile of manga that is just begging to find a new home, so I'm thinking of starting a manga bookbox if there is interest. If you would be interested in joining, please PM me OR leave a message here at the forum.

FORMAT: FREE FOR ALL
If it's manga/graphic novel, it's in. No restrictions.

Mailing order:
- GoryDetails (NH)
- nimrodiel
- HI77 (FL)
- emmejo (NY)
- hyphen8 (HI)
- azuki (FL) - (later) <- bookbox is here
- spacedog (MA)
k00kaburra - CA (last)

--

Rules - pretty much the standard
- Please keep the box no longer than 2 weeks.
- Please update the forum thread when the box arrives and is sent out again!
- Please journal the books you remove from the box and replace with the same number or more.
- Please use delivery confirmation.
- Please do not add books containing mold, large stains, or smell heavily of smoke. I love used books, but they shouldn't be gross or trigger allergies.
- I reserve the right to remove someone from the list if I believe there may be a problem with their participation.

--

"How does a Bookbox work?" (From the Bookcrossing.com FAQs)
Bookbox - Person #1 gathers together a bunch of books, This can be as few as 8 or 10, or as many as 30 or 40 paperbacks. The books can be themed (sci-fi, chick-lit, romance, children's, etc) or just random books. After posting a message on the Bookring/Ray forum, s/he gathers a list of interested participants. Box is mailed to Person #2, who takes out a couple of books and puts the same amount back in, then mails it to Person #3. Eventually, the box will make it back to Person #1, who has a lot of new books to read!
Profile Image
I loved seeing what I pulled out of the last one, even though some of it was kind of eh
Profile Image
Added you!
Profile Image
Please add me too !!! Thanks
Profile Image

Please add me!

Thanks for starting one. I don't think there is any manga box currently making its round.
Most of my manga are in TBR right now so please put me further down the list. Thank you!
Profile Image
Added you!
Profile Image

:)

Of course I'm in! ;)
Profile Image

RE: :)

Added you!
Profile Image

I'll join in.

Middle of the list or later would be ideal for me, as I have some comics on hand, but they need to be read and/or registered before they'll be ready to head out.

Thanks for hosting this!
Profile Image
Added you!
Profile Image
Hope to get this in the mail before Memorial Day.
Profile Image
...pretty much everything I have at the moment is TBR..but maybe this would motivate me to get some read?!
Profile Image
You can always add yourself towards the end :-p Or wait for round two, since there aren't too many signups it won't take too long for the box to go 'round to everyone.
Profile Image
Ok, please add me to the end...and I'll have to start reading!!
Profile Image

*bump*

Profile Image
Finally got this one placed in the mail today!
I apologize for the delay - things got crazy (as they always seem to do if I decide to start a bookbox :-p ).
Profile Image
Looks like it traveled pretty quickly, too. Will make my choices and get it moving again soon.
Profile Image
i'm interested. can you put me in somewhere in the middle, maybe before emmejo? thanks!
Profile Image
Done! :D

sorry, it turns out i can't get to this until mid to late november. can you move me in the order and put me nearer to the end? thanks!
Profile Image
I mailed the box to nimrodiel this morning, tracking # 13150540000017423082 ; hope it travels safely, and that people enjoy the books! [I've listed my choices and replacements in a JE in the bookbox journal here ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6806044/ ); if you'd rather be surprised, don't click!]
Profile Image
Box is here. PMing HI77 who is next in line...
Profile Image
The box is still here. I have the next address and will get it out tomorrow after fixing my flat tire on the bicycle so I have easier transport available.
Profile Image
Forgot to say this is on it's way to HI77 :)

Watch for minions in the mail!
Profile Image
Forgot to say this is on it's way to HI77 :)

Watch for minions in the mail!
Profile Image
Please add me to the list, too! It doesn't matter in what order--at the tail end will be fine! Do you need my address?
Profile Image
Lots of traveling lately and not much reading time.
Thanks,
Profile Image

:D

The box has arrived! :D

Lots of fun stuff to sort through! ;)
Profile Image

:P

Man, Work has been crazy this week, so I haven't had time to get it all typed up and JE'd but I DID manage to get the box off back on Tuesday!

Tracking #: 9449 0096 9993 7869 6040 96

And! The fun part:

Removed:

-Barakamon V. 3 By Satsuki Yoshino
-From Eroica With Love V. 9 By Yasuko Aoika
- Ouran High School Host Club V. 1 By Bisco Hatori
- Natsume’s Book of Friends V. 2 By Yuki Midorikawa
-Master Keaton V. 1 By Naoki Urasawa
-Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations V. 4 By Kenji Kuroda
-The Ancient Mage’s Bridge V. 1 By Kore Yamazaki
-My Love Story!! V. 1 -2 By Kazune Kawahara
-xxxHolic Rei V. 1 By Clamp
-Roman Album: Samurai Champloo By Shinichiro Watanabe
-The Pride of Baghdad By Brian K. Vaughan
-Ms. Marvel: No Normal V. 1 By G. Willow Wison & Jacob Wyatt
-Inubaka: Crazy for Dogs V. 2 By Yukiya Sakuragi
-Oz: Ozma of Oz By L. Frank Baum
-Oz: Road to Oz By L. Frank Baum
-The Story of Saiunkoku V. 8 By Yukino Sai
-Deathnote V. 9 By Tsugumi Ohba

Adding back in:

-Maico 2010 V. 1 -2 By Toshimitzu Shimizu
-Monkey Vs. Robot & The Crystal of Power By James Kochalka
-Blue Monday V. 1 -2 By Chyanna Clugston-Major
-In Dream World V. 1 By Jae-ho Yoon
-Full Moon O Sagashite V. 3 By Arina Tanemura
-GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka V. 1 By Tohru Fujisawa
-B.O.D.Y. V. 1 By Ao Mimori
-R^2 (Rise to the Power of Two) V. 1 By Maki Hakoda
-Maniac Road V. 1 By Shinsuke Kurihashi
-Cross V. 1 & V. 4 – 5 By Sumiko Amakawa
-Pita Ten V. 1 By Koge-Donbo
-Toriko V. 2 By Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
-Musashi #9 V. 1 By Miyuki Takahashi
-Enchanter V. 1 By Izumi Kawachi 18

Done! :D
Profile Image
I d love to take part if possible but before I join can someone tell me what the average posting for box boxes is? I've never done one. I am I'm Texas.
Profile Image
I d love to take part if possible but before I join can someone tell me what the average posting for box boxes is? I've never done one. I am I'm Texas.

It costs me about $12.50 at it's current rate. It was something like just under 21 lbs. when I sent it.

Not too bad for a box of fun! ;)
Profile Image
Sweet! Count me in if there is room!'
Profile Image

Media mail is very reasonable - the rates are by the pound. Here's a chart to give you an idea: http://pe.usps.gov/---/Notice123.htm#2157064

In other words, you can mail 20 pounds of books domestically using media mail for less than it costs to mail one book to Europe... Sigh. I miss international surface mail.
Profile Image
I just got a pm fm emmejo. The problem is I will be going on vacation soon to Hong Kong, and I don't want the box to be sitting waiting for me all the time I'm gone, or even if I get it before my trip I may not have time to ship it out, so either way I will be delaying its travel.

If I can just be moved down a spot it would be perfect, I know it takes a while for the box to ships to Hawaii, so by the time Hyphen8 is done w the box, I should be back home or soon to be home to receive it.

Thanks!
Profile Image
If I can just be moved down a spot it would be perfect, I know it takes a while for the box to ships to Hawaii, so by the time Hyphen8 is done w the box, I should be back home or soon to be home to receive it.

Oh, is *that* what happened? I got a pm from emmejo and was surprised, because I didn't think I was up yet.

Yeah, it can take about 3 weeks each way, so hopefully you'll be able to enjoy your vacation without worrying about the box. :)
Profile Image
I will definitely need at least a few days to go through all the goodies..but I'll pass it on within a couple of weeks - that should give azuki enough time for her vacation, hopefully.
Profile Image

Update

I've been in contact with azuki and the box should go out next week.

Even managed to add something green(ish) to the journal ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6806044 ) - now I just have to remember to put the journal IN the box before I seal it (why yes, I've forgotten in the past, can you tell?)!
Profile Image
ETA 11/17

Tracking # 9549 0104 3301 5301 4516 28
Profile Image
ETA 11/17

Tracking # 9549 0104 3301 5301 4516 28

Apparently behind schedule: tracking says it was in California on Monday. :(
Profile Image
Looks like it did make it to Florida on the 25th :) Mail's been running really slow the last few weeks, must be the holiday season!
Profile Image
got it yesterday. should be able to pass it along in the next week or so.
Profile Image

*bump*
Profile Image
I'm in Florida
Profile Image
sorry it took so long! finally sent it back to k00kaburra today. details are in the journal's page.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.