corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter K

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter K

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter K to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 K-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another K-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

tabby-cat-owner
BooksandMusic
mrsjones
Meekachu07
Ollie1976
Stephario
jmsmom
perryfran
Aberpeter
quickheels
LynnGorman
BooksnBeer
booklady331
NancyNova
heartthumper
raralovestoread
innae
mngirl -- Asked to skip
ravencat
Dove-i-libri
katiesmama
Southernfryed
Suezq60
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter K to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 K-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another K-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

tabby-cat-owner
BooksandMusic
mrsjones
Meekachu07
Ollie1976
Stephario
jmsmom
perryfran
Aberpeter
quickheels
LynnGorman
BooksnBeer
booklady331
NancyNova
heartthumper
raralovestoread
innae
mngirl -- Asked to skip
ravencat
Dove-i-libri
katiesmama
Southernfryed
Suezq60
me

Profile Image
tabby-cat-owner is up first. Pm'ing for an address now...

Profile Image
Happy picking!

Tracking # 9449009699939828569651

Profile Image
I have chosen "Knit Two--A Friday Night Knitting Club novel" by Kate Jacobs.

I will mail the K books shortly to the next recipient.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I have received the K books. I am still undecided on which one to keep. I think I would rather keep read the paperback, but I am thinking about keeping the hardcover instead as I don't want to pay the postage to mail it.
Profile Image
Well, here is the price chart for media mail:

1 lb. -- $2.69
2 lbs. -- $3.17
3 lbs. -- $3.65
4 lbs. -- $4.13

Looks like it only goes up by less than 50 cents for each additional pound. It doesn't increase by the ounce like first class mail.

Hope this helps with your decision!

Profile Image
Media mail is the way to go!

I have chosen A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux (the paperback) because I love stories of love over lifetimes.

I will mail the K books tomorrow hopefully.
Profile Image
I received the books yesterday and chose 'Kitchen Confidential' by Anthony Bourdain. Books are already on their way this morning to Meekachu07.

Enjoy!
Profile Image
Quick turn-around! Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
I selected "Killer Angels" by Michael Schaara....I will get these out either Monday or Tuesday depending when I get the next address
Profile Image
Books have been packaged...postage purchased....tracking # 9449009699937582139776
Profile Image
Books have been packaged...postage purchased....tracking # 9449009699937582139776

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I will PM Stephario
Profile Image
tomorrow. I took The Keep by Jennifer Egan
Profile Image
Thanks, Ollie1976!

Profile Image
I haven't made my choice yet, but I will by Friday. I already have the next person's address, so I'll let y'all know when I send them on.
Profile Image
Update, please? Thanks!

Profile Image
Will pm perryfran for an address now.
Profile Image

I chose

Knit One, Kill Two and books were sent off yesterday.

I've double checked and double checked my numbers but for some reason the tracking doesn't seem to be showing up. Hopefully it gets there ok.

https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction?...
Profile Image
Knit One, Kill Two and books were sent off yesterday.

I've double checked and double checked my numbers but for some reason the tracking doesn't seem to be showing up. Hopefully it gets there ok.

Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
He seemed to be having problems while I was there. Now I'm seeing a second tracking #, my guess is the first was messed up somehow. This one works.

Profile Image
I have already read one of the books so will keep the other one: Kate Remembered by A. Scott Berg. This is a biography of Katherine Hepburn. My wife may want to read this or I may save it for another bookbox. I will replace the book, contact Aberpeter, and get this moving again ASAP.
Profile Image
Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I am choosing Kindred in Death by J.D. Robb

Profile Image
they should be there by end of this week or early next week.
Profile Image
Thanks, Aberpeter!

Profile Image
I'm sorry, the summer damp heat and life has my brain pretty muddled. The books arrived and I sat down and read one immediately. So I'm not choosing anything and not telling what I read so as not to spoil anyone's surprise. I'll get them on their way as soon as I have an address.
Profile Image
Managed to send them on their way today.

Thanks, quickheels.

Profile Image
arrived! I am keeping Keeper of the Night & PMing the next in line.
Profile Image

K books

are on their way to VA.
Tracking #9549 0127 7303 5252 0408 17
Profile Image
are on their way to VA.
Tracking #9549 0127 7303 5252 0408 17

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I received the K books yesterday. Unfortunately, I am still reading my K book selection. I promise to get this out as soon as I can. I am PMing next in line.

I did select Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson. Off to read my book. ;-)
Profile Image
I will be getting the K books back on the road today. Sorry for the short delay. They will be on the way to Florida.
Profile Image
I am going to pick Kisses from Katie because I think my granddaughter - BabyPooh will enjoy the book.
Profile Image
Off to PM the next in line...then the dilemma of choosing....
Profile Image
Well, I couldn't choose, so I picked both!

Taking the Kommandant's Girl (which I'll likely put to the side for a while, since I've had an influx of WWII books recently & need to decompress first). I also took A Killer's Plot, one I had & passed on before w/o reading. And since it showed up again, I think I'll detour it to read this time.

I now have heartthumper's addy, so packing up the replacement books to move them out early this week.
Profile Image
I have chosen Kindred Spirits by Sarah Strohmeyer. Messaged for raralovestoread's address.
Profile Image
I have chosen Krik? Krak! by Edwidge Danticat. Messaging the next person for an address.
Profile Image

Moving

I'm in the process of moving, so I'll be skipping this round.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
Just wondering if the K-books have arrived. It's been pretty long...

Profile Image
I am so sorry everyone (thanks iwillrejoice for the reminder PM) -- the K books are safe and sound with me. I will get them moving ASAP!!
Profile Image
I am so sorry everyone (thanks iwillrejoice for the reminder PM) -- the K books are safe and sound with me. I will get them moving ASAP!!

OK. Thanks.

Profile Image
Headed off to ravencat

USPS tracking #9505 5000 2647 5358 0001 12

and again my apologies to everyone!
Profile Image
Headed off to ravencat

USPS tracking #9505 5000 2647 5358 0001 12

and again my apologies to everyone!

Thanks, innae.

BTW, what book did you choose? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)

Profile Image
I chose Kira Kira :-)
Profile Image
I chose Kira Kira :-)

Cool! Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
Books arrived and have chosen Knitting Under the Influence by Claire La Zebnik. Books will be on their way once I get the next persons address.
Profile Image
Books on their way to Dove-i-libri- USPS tracking # 9549 0100 2522 6002 0932 52
Profile Image
Books on their way to Dove-i-libri- USPS tracking # 9549 0100 2522 6002 0932 52

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Because? The next person on the list is Katiesmama, and it will be wonderful to see her! Sending her a PM now!

I chose (The) Kite Runner and will be sending it off to an OBCZ. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13786173
Profile Image
They were handed to her at a quick and friendly meet-up after my class today! Hoping we can get a little group together for the Reading Festival next month!
Profile Image
Met with Dove and Mr. Dove this afternoon at one of my favorite places, Starbucks! I've made my choice, Killer Mousse. A cozy I'm not familiar with and it's always fun to find new ones. I have southernfryed's address but will PM just to make sure she's ready. It'll be next Saturday before I can get them moving, but will post back then with the tracking number.
Profile Image
Sorry it didn't work out this time! Not for lack of trying! I look forward to a future meetup!

Profile Image
tracking 9549 012 5784 6023 4603 10
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
I am keeping The Killing Game by Iris Johansen. Pming Suezq60 for her address and will get them in the mail next week.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image

K Books

Books arrived yesterday, I will choose one and send them along.
Profile Image
OK, I chose King of Torts by John Grisham and mailed the other 2 books yesterday.
Profile Image
OK, I chose King of Torts by John Grisham and mailed the other 2 books yesterday.

Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
The K-books arrived home safely today! I received Knock 'Em Dead by Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain & Knit Two by Kate Jacobs.

This concludes the K-ring. Thanks for being a part of these bookrings, everyone!

Now to start the P-ring...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.