corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter J

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter J

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by mailing 2 books whose title starts with the letter J to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 J-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another J-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

BooksandMusic
Aberpeter
mrsjones
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
booklady331
Ollie1976
Meekachu07
NancyNova
LynnGorman
heartthumper
Stephario
raralovestoread
quickheels
perryfran
jmsmom
Agrace - skipped
Dove-i-libri
innae
mngirl
ravencat
katiesmama
Southernfryed
Suezq60
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by mailing 2 books whose title starts with the letter J to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 J-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another J-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

BooksandMusic
Aberpeter
mrsjones
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
booklady331
Ollie1976
Meekachu07
NancyNova
LynnGorman
heartthumper
Stephario
raralovestoread
quickheels
perryfran
jmsmom
Agrace - skipped
Dove-i-libri
innae
mngirl
ravencat
katiesmama
Southernfryed
Suezq60
me
Profile Image
PM'ing BooksandMusic for an address now. :-)

Profile Image
and I choose: James Herriot's Dog Stories which is a good one for me as I love animal stories. Should be able to mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
and I am now in possession of the J books. I will be choosing Jarhead by Anthony Swofford. I should have the books in the mail sometime this week.
Profile Image
Just wondering where the J-books might be...

Profile Image
I've chosen Johnny Angel by Danielle Steel. I have to see if I have a J book! Otherwise I'll have to go book-shopping this weekend. :)
Profile Image
OK, thanks mrsjones!

Profile Image

Mailed out

Books are on their way to tabby-cat-owner. Enjoy!
Profile Image
I have chosen "Just As I Am--The Autobiography of Billy Graham". I will mail out the J books sometime this week.
Profile Image
I received the j books yesterday. I will select Joe Jones a novel. I will write for next address today.
Profile Image
I put the package into the mail today. Enjoy!!!
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
The two books in there were:

I am going to keep Just One Bite

I am adding ????
Profile Image
Per the rules: "Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out."

Thanks everybody!

Profile Image
I will be PMing the next member. When I reach them, I'll post what I'm taking out.
Profile Image
Took Jack by AM Homes
Profile Image
Thanks, Ollie1976!

Profile Image
I selected Jane Eyre....pming the next participant
Profile Image
Books are packaged and will be mailed tomorrow
Profile Image
Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I'm selecting The Japan Conspiracy

PM'g next in line. Hopefully will get this mailed before I go away
Profile Image
Didn't get it mailed before the trip.
It will get mailed on Thursday, when I am back. Going to the post office anyway to retrieve my held mail.
Profile Image
Mailed out today. Tracking # 9549011043235127546485
Profile Image
Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image

"J" books

arrived today. I'm picking Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor. I am PMing the next in line.
Profile Image
on the move!! I mailed them today.
Profile Image
Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I chose June bug by Chris Fabry. Messaging for an address.
Profile Image
They just came in yesterday. I haven't made my choice yet, but I will by Friday. Then I'll send them on once I have the addy and let y'all know.
Profile Image
Can we get an update on this one, please? Just wondering where the J-books are...

Profile Image
I will be making my selection in the next day or so. Thanks.
Profile Image
I have chosen Joanna's Husband and David's Wife by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey. I have PM'ed the next person.
Profile Image
Books are here, I'll make a selection and get them into the mail tomorrow
Profile Image
... I have already read one of them so I will be keeping Joyful Noise by Paul Fleischman. This looks like an interesting book of poetry related to insects. Thanks

Will get these traveling again with my replacement as soon as I confirm with jmsmom.
Profile Image
...to jmsmom.
Profile Image
Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I already have one of them so am keeping the other which is Jaws by Peter Benchley.

I sent a pm to Agrace earlier today and am waiting for a response.
Profile Image
Two pm's to Dove-i-libri. Second one sent yesterday. Still waiting on response.
Profile Image
Two pm's to Dove-i-libri. Second one sent yesterday. Still waiting on response.

Sorry about that, jmsmom. Summer can be hard, with vacations & all.

If you don't hear back soon, then move on to the next person. We can always bump her down the list if she gets back to you later.

Profile Image
Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
yes. I think they said they should be there Friday.
Profile Image
That way the books won't be stuck in limbo if someone is away for 2 weeks (or more). Thanks!

Profile Image
OH, she did! I just didn't know if she had already went on to the next person because I took so long to respond with my address!
Profile Image
I have chosen "JEWEL" by Bret Lott and have added my own book. Jewel looks bittersweet.

They are wrapped and I've sent a PM for the next address!
Profile Image
Depends on when Dad-i-libri or Libretto #1 can bring them to the post office!
Profile Image
SENDING THEM TOMORROW. I PROMISE. SORRY, SORRY, SORRY!!!!

EDITED TO ADD: USPS Delivery Confirmation #
9114 9014 9645 0020 8856 57
Profile Image
will get them moving soon!
Profile Image
tracking #9549 0104 5031 5266 2028 37 sent media mail, so it may take a bit.

:-)
Profile Image
tracking #9549 0104 5031 5266 2028 37 sent media mail, so it may take a bit.

:-)

What did you pick?

Profile Image
I've decided to keep Jester by James Patterson, since I already read the other choice. Will PM Ravencat for address.
Profile Image
Tracking #9549 0110 8446 5275 4888 64
Profile Image
Tracking #9549 0110 8446 5275 4888 64

Thanks, mngirl!

Profile Image
Books arrived today. I have chosen Jerusalem Maiden by Talia Carner. Books will be on the move by end of this week.
Profile Image
Books on their way to katiesmama. USPS tracking# 9549 0112 5414 5282 1115 00
Profile Image
Books on their way to katiesmama. USPS tracking# 9549 0112 5414 5282 1115 00

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
Will PM Southernfryed for address now. I have a slip in my mailbox to pick them up in the office, which I'll do tomorrow after work. That will allow me to get them back out Saturday:).
Profile Image
I have Southernfryed's address and heavens be praised, I finished my J book contribution just a few minutes ago. I'll make my choice and post it along with the tracking number tomorrow.
Profile Image
J books were mailed yesterday, tracking #9549 0110 5294 4302 97. I chose Juliet by Ann Fortier.
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
I am really torn because I want to read both books! I am pming Suezq60 for her address and will make a decision and get them going again soon.
Profile Image
I am really torn because I want to read both books! I am pming Suezq60 for her address and will make a decision and get them going again soon.

I have sent Southernfryed my mailing info, can't wait to get the books. Thanks all!!
Profile Image
I am really torn because I want to read both books!

Pick one & wishlist the other. Maybe it will come back to you. :-)

Profile Image
I am choosing Julie & Julia My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell and I will get the J books packaged and moving again no later than the first of next week.
Profile Image
Southernfryed

Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I received the books yesterday. I will choose one and try to get them back in the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
I received the books yesterday. I will choose one and try to get them back in the mail tomorrow.

I chose "Joy Luck Club", which has been on my To Read list for a while. I sent the books out on Friday, then fell off the grid for the weekend. You should have them soon.
#9549-0121-1302-5302-0138-34

Thanks all, and Happy Monday!!
Profile Image
Thanks, Suezq60!

Profile Image
The J-books have arrived! I received Juno & Juliet by Julian Gough & Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

So, this concludes the J-ring. I'll be back later today to get the O-ring started.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.