corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter I

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter I

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter I to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 I-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another I-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

raralovestoread
jmsmom
booklady331
LynnGorman
mrsjones
mngirl
perryfran
Aberpeter
Southernfryed
quickheels
Stephario
NancyNova
Agrace -- asked to be skipped
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
Meekachu07
heartthumper
Ollie1976
Dove-i-libri
innae
ravencat
katiesmama
Suezq60
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter I to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 I-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another I-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

raralovestoread
jmsmom
booklady331
LynnGorman
mrsjones
mngirl
perryfran
Aberpeter
Southernfryed
quickheels
Stephario
NancyNova
Agrace -- asked to be skipped
BooksandMusic
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
Meekachu07
heartthumper
Ollie1976
Dove-i-libri
innae
ravencat
katiesmama
Suezq60
me
Profile Image
PM'ing for an address now.

~~~

Sent 12/11/14. Tracking #9449009699938004664722

Profile Image
I will make my decision soon. Thanks!
Profile Image
I have chosen I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. I'm actually going to write down the title of the other book so maybe I can read it at a later time. Sending a PM to the next person.
Profile Image
Thanks, rara!

Hint: Put the other one on your wish list!

Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
I chose Iron House by John Hart and the ring is on its way to booklady331.

tracking https://tools.usps.com/---/TrackConfirmAction.action?...
Profile Image
Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I chose Indian Captive and added Interview with a Vampire and sent it off last week.
Profile Image
Is it too late to join? If not, I would love to join in.
Profile Image
Is it too late to join? If not, I would love to join in.

Welcome back, ravencat! I'll add you to the rings. :-)

Profile Image
today. I will take out "In My Sister's Shoes" & PM the next in line.
Profile Image

"I" books

are finally on the move. I am so sorry for the delay. I am having heart problems but my hubby dropped them in the mail today. The tracking # is: 9114 9012 3080 3945 9763 00.
Profile Image
I've already read this, but I'm choosing Interview with the Vampire because we're headed to New Orleans and I want to release this near Anne Rice's house. Thanks!

PMing next person in line.
Profile Image

Thank you

very much iwillrejoice!!!
Profile Image
Will PM perryfran for address and decide on which book to keep and one to send on Friday.
Profile Image
I chose The Invisible Circus. I sent 2 books to PerryFran today. Tracking number is: 9534611084465057456043. Expected delivery is 3/5/15

Profile Image
Thanks, mngirl!

Profile Image
Got the "I" books today... will make my selection and send on ASAP.
Profile Image
The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. I actually have a copy of the other book included. The books, including my replacement, will now be off to Aberpeter in tomorrow's mail...
Profile Image
OK, thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I have chosen In Arcadia by Ben Okri.

PMing Southernfryed for an address.
Profile Image
Hopefully I make it to the post office tomorrow to send them on their way.
Profile Image
Thanks, Aberpeter!

Profile Image
Pming the next person for address. Will make a decision and get this back in the mail next week.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

P.S. What did you pick?

Profile Image
oh yea, I picked In Dubious Battle by John Steinbeck
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

I'm not familiar with that Steinbeck. Enjoy!

Profile Image
Books arrived today. I'll pm next person, choose and have them in the mail by next week.
Profile Image
I is for Innocent by Sue Grafton and look forward to my guilty pleasure. I'll have the books in the mail on Monday.
Profile Image
Thanks, quickheels!

Profile Image
Just wondering where this one is... Thanks!

Profile Image
Sorry about the delay. They came in last Saturday, and I'm only just now getting a chance to deal with them. I've chosen I Was Amelia Earhart, by Jane Mendelsohn. I will have Mr. Stephario send off my replacement and the book I didn't choose Monday. After I get NancyNova's addy. Thanks for being so patient with me.
Profile Image
Thanks, Stephario!

Profile Image
Mr. Stephario sent the books this morning USPS. I've sent the tracking number to NancyNova so she knows when to expect them. The receipt says they should be delivered by Saturday.
Profile Image
I chose The Innocent Man. PM'g next in line for address & they'll be off again.
Profile Image
agrace asked to be skipped this round. PM'g booksandmusic

Profile Image
And now they're on their way to booksandmusic

Tracking # 9549011028545143386110
Profile Image
Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I have selected Inkheart. I don't usually read YA fantasy but my daughter said that one of the characters is named Capricorn but she kept thinking his name was Cornucopia. That made me laugh. My husband said the premise is interesting and it is detailed and complex for a YA book. So, why not, I'll give it a read.
Profile Image
Box is now on its way to tabby-cat-owner
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksandMusic!

Profile Image
...waiting for me when I got back from vacation.

Here is my selection:
I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can by Barbara Gordon
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13081643/

I will mail box asap.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I received the I package and I am selecting:

Irish Girls are back in Town by 15 Irish women authors.

I don't usually go for short stories but, I am going to the beach next month and this might be a good beach book.

I'm PMing Meekachu07 for the next address.
Profile Image
Hi BooksnBeer,

just noticed you were on BC in this forum. I've sent you several messages and would really appreciate a reply. Thank you!

Sorry for hijacking this thread...
Profile Image
Just sent you a PM.
Profile Image
Just sent you a PM.

Thanks! And I just replied ;-) Hope it gets through this time...
Profile Image
I put this in the mail yesterday. Tracking number is: 9549 0111 0856 5173 5217 82.
Profile Image
I put this in the mail yesterday. Tracking number is: 9549 0111 0856 5173 5217 82.

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
I selected "Insomnia" by Stephen King...PMing next in line
Profile Image
Postage purchased and will mail tomorrow

Tracking is 9449009699938578387997
Profile Image
Postage purchased and will mail tomorrow

Tracking is 9449009699938578387997

Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I have chosen Inhale- Exhale by Diane Shankle. I will PM the next in line. Thanks!
Profile Image
Ollie1976, can you give us an update, please? Thanks.

Profile Image
I just sent you a PM Iwillrejoice-I was out of town. Sorry for the delay. PM the next in a couple of minutes
Profile Image
Great! Thanks!

Profile Image
Katiesmama and I live near each other and Booklady331 is near us, too. If you would like to put us near the end, we can pass the books off to each other easily, and it would be nice to get to see each other regularly as the different letters get passed around!!! (Check with Booklady first, though ...)
Profile Image
I have chosen ~ In This Mountain ~ by Jan Karon and will be releasing it when I travel with my family.

Sending for innae's address now and books will be on their way soon!
Profile Image
I'll check and pack them but wait to find out if they still want to participate before I send them on their way.
Profile Image
I'll check and pack them but wait to find out if they still want to participate before I send them on their way.

Thanks, Dove-i-libri! (Always best to confirm before shipping. ::nods:: )

Profile Image
Yay books :)....I will choose and get them moving soon
Profile Image
And have chosen Icebound by Dean Koontz. Will mail other books after Labor Day.
Profile Image
Now travelling to katiesmama USPS Tracking number: 9549 0112 5413 5251 0890 53
Profile Image
Had a note in my mailbox that 2 packages were waiting in the office for me. I'll stop in tomorrow night after work and pick them up. Also PM'ng Suezq60 for her address. I'll get these out in the mail Saturday.
Profile Image
And I have Suezq60's address. They'll be on the move Saturday. I'll post the tracking number then.
Profile Image
The Ice Harvest by Scott Phillips - thank you again, Iwillrejoice for organizing these rings.
Profile Image
tracking number 9549 0110 5275 5262 4499 25. They were sent media mail, and should arrive next Thursday.
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
I received the books last night. I'm having a hard time choosing between them. I will make my decision and get them back on their merry way Sat or Mon. Thanks all!
Profile Image
I received the books last night. I'm having a hard time choosing between them. I will make my decision and get them back on their merry way Sat or Mon. Thanks all!

What book did you pick, Suezq60? Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

Profile Image

Sorry for the delay...work has been crazy lately. Anyway, I chose "I Feel Bad About My Neck, and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman" by Nora Ephron.

I put the package back in the mail on Monday.
Profile Image

Sorry for the delay...work has been crazy lately. Anyway, I chose "I Feel Bad About My Neck, and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman" by Nora Ephron.

Great! Thanks!

P.S. Don't forget to make a journal entry on the book you chose, saying you picked it from this ring (or whatever you want to say). This lets the person who offered the book know where their book ended up, & it will help you remember, too, where that book came from.

Profile Image

Great! Thanks!

P.S. Don't forget to make a journal entry on the book you chose, saying you picked it from this ring (or whatever you want to say). This lets the person who offered the book know where their book ended up, & it will help you remember, too, where that book came from.

I ll look again but I couldn't find a BC # on it anywhere. :-/
Profile Image

I ll look again but I couldn't find a BC # on it anywhere. :-/

Oh - oops! Someone once sent me a book they'd forgotten to put a label in. Took me forever to figure out who sent it!

Sometimes, tho, the BCID is just hidden. Some people put it on the title page, or the inside back cover, or the last page of the text. Everyone has their own way to BookCross!

Hopefully the Sender will see this conversation, & let you who they are (& what the BCID# is!)

Profile Image
I'm sorry for the confusion. I put I Feel Bad About My Neck in. The BCID# is on the left hand side when you open the book. There's a dedication on the right hand side, I thought the number would be visible as the dust jacket is a little torn on the side and I thought some of the number would show through. A year ago when I sold my house I had gotten rid of all my bookplates so all I've been doing is writing the # on the inside of the book. I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll PM Suezq now as well.
Profile Image
I'm sorry for the confusion. I put I Feel Bad About My Neck in. The BCID# is on the left hand side when you open the book. There's a dedication on the right hand side, I thought the number would be visible as the dust jacket is a little torn on the side and I thought some of the number would show through. A year ago when I sold my house I had gotten rid of all my bookplates so all I've been doing is writing the # on the inside of the book. I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll PM Suezq now as well.

OK, great! Thanks, katiesmama. No harm, no foul. Glad that was so easy to solve. :-)

Profile Image
... to please journal the book you choose promptly. Thank you!

Profile Image
... have made a quick trip. The post office says that they're "Out for Delivery," so Yay for that. Now, I am out of town at the moment, so I won't be able to journal them until I get home. Just wanted you to know they're here.

When I get home, I'll be starting the N-ring, so get ready!

Profile Image
Made it home tonight, but too late to pick up the mail. I'll do that tomorrow, & then post & tell what I received, & conclude this ring.

Thanks, everyone, for being a part of this book ring! Off to start the N-ring...

Profile Image
According to the scan info, they made it as far as "Out for Delivery", but then were marked "Undeliverable as Addressed". I think they were sent back to you, Suezq60.
Profile Image
According to the scan info, they made it as far as "Out for Delivery", but then were marked "Undeliverable as Addressed". I think they were sent back to you, Suezq60.

:-(( I wonder if I goobered up your address somehow??
Profile Image

When I spoke to the postmaster, she said that maybe part of the address had been torn off. Or sometimes numbers are transposed. Anyway, It was sent back on 10/1, so it should be turning up in your state soon.

Profile Image

When I spoke to the postmaster, she said that maybe part of the address had been torn off. Or sometimes numbers are transposed. Anyway, It was sent back on 10/1, so it should be turning up in your state soon.

They are not here yet, but with today being a holiday perhaps tomorrow. Can you please PM me your address again? I don't seem to have your last message. Thanks! And sorry for the confusion/delay.
Profile Image
They are not here yet, but with today being a holiday perhaps tomorrow. Can you please PM me your address again? I don't seem to have your last message. Thanks! And sorry for the confusion/delay.

PM'ing you now...

Profile Image
Thank you, Suezq60, for restarting this ring! (I wonder where the original I-books will turn up. Hope you get a journal entry on them one day!)

I received In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner & If You Lived Here by Dana Sachs. And that concludes the I-ring! Thanks, everybody!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.