corner corner ✿Bookmark ✿ labels ring ✿

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

✿Bookmark ✿ labels ring ✿

Pratchitulshan asked for official labels and I gathered a few but also found a bunch more that are printed by lots of great people here. I also found quite a few bookmarks.

The last time I tried a bookmark ring it got stalled over and over but I think it is time to try again. I'd love for it to be international if I can arrange shipping in an order all can live with.

Please exchange out with the same quality/quantity or what you'd consider a fair exchange (maybe 5 paper for one metal or "better" bookmark)

If you want to join please respond here and send me a PM with your address. I'll leave this open until next Thursday night. I have chemo next Friday so if doesn't beat me down too bad I'll make the list then and get the envelope mailed within a few days.

Please, please, please don't join or don't accept delivery if you don't plan to follow through. I understand that things happen but last time people actually disappeared from BC after not sending. That's crazy. Tell us you need time, or money, or support but don't just leave our group. Please post here when you receive and send out. Thanks.

Shipping order

prachitulshan. India <~ finally here after a month on the move! 12/10/14
Diane-Fraser. UK. <~ heading here as of 1/2/15
NowINkA. Poland. <~ here on 1/26/15
linguistkris. Germany. <~ here on 2/2/15
Southernfryed. US. <~ on the way here 2/9/15
KateKintail. US <~ here as of 3/3/15
hyphen8. <~ on it's way here as of 3/23/15
Readertoo <~ Here in SugarLand as of 4/2/15. My newest granddaughters birthday!
Back to MyssCyn. Woohoo! First ring ever to make it home! 4/15/15.

Anyone for Round Two?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Pratchitulshan asked for official labels and I gathered a few but also found a bunch more that are printed by lots of great people here. I also found quite a few bookmarks.

The last time I tried a bookmark ring it got stalled over and over but I think it is time to try again. I'd love for it to be international if I can arrange shipping in an order all can live with.

Please exchange out with the same quality/quantity or what you'd consider a fair exchange (maybe 5 paper for one metal or "better" bookmark)

If you want to join please respond here and send me a PM with your address. I'll leave this open until next Thursday night. I have chemo next Friday so if doesn't beat me down too bad I'll make the list then and get the envelope mailed within a few days.

Please, please, please don't join or don't accept delivery if you don't plan to follow through. I understand that things happen but last time people actually disappeared from BC after not sending. That's crazy. Tell us you need time, or money, or support but don't just leave our group. Please post here when you receive and send out. Thanks.

Shipping order

prachitulshan. India <~ finally here after a month on the move! 12/10/14
Diane-Fraser. UK. <~ heading here as of 1/2/15
NowINkA. Poland. <~ here on 1/26/15
linguistkris. Germany. <~ here on 2/2/15
Southernfryed. US. <~ on the way here 2/9/15
KateKintail. US <~ here as of 3/3/15
hyphen8. <~ on it's way here as of 3/23/15
Readertoo <~ Here in SugarLand as of 4/2/15. My newest granddaughters birthday!
Back to MyssCyn. Woohoo! First ring ever to make it home! 4/15/15.

Anyone for Round Two?
Profile Image
This is a great idea I have both official and home grown labels/stickers to swap.

I can post International though it may be surface mail, dependent on the weight of the package.
Profile Image
I care more that it keep moving rather than how fast it moves. Although the faster it goes, the more rounds we can have.
I have a few favorites but really don't want to collect anymore so hopefully we can have Round Two, Three, etc....
Profile Image

Yes please

I would like to join, too. Thanks for hosting it.
Profile Image
What a great idea :-)

KateKintail, VA (USA)
Profile Image
I'm in, please. :)
(International shipping no problem -- I assume it's not going to weigh more than 1kg?)
Profile Image
I assume it's not going to weigh more than 1kg?)

It will depend on what is added but feel free to get it down to a good weight if it is too much.
I do plan to add a few that aren't just paper but who knows if they or others will still be in the package when it gets to you.
I plan to do a draw to see if it starts overseas or in the US then work from there.
I'd love to see a successful ring for a change.
Profile Image
(International shipping no problem -- I assume it's not going to weigh more than 1kg?)

Wow, I hope not - that's over 2 lbs! I'm fairly sure MyssCyn was talking about an envelope, not a brick. ;)

Still on the fence about this: I've really got more labels & bookmarks than I can use, but it's always fun to see new ones...
Profile Image

Wow, I hope not - that's over 2 lbs! I'm fairly sure MyssCyn was talking about an envelope, not a brick. ;)

Still on the fence about this: I've really got more labels & bookmarks than I can use, but it's always fun to see new ones...
oh just join. You know you want to!
The last one I started with actually did weigh about that much. I think it started in Australia and cost me about $15 or $20 to send but it had some metal bookmarks. This time I'll make sure to keep it lighter by removing extras like the clear sleeves that come with some and so far I have only one heavy one in here.
I have just a few more "BC Supplies" boxes to sort through before I get this moving.

Profile Image
Was just going through my label thread again to check I had all the correct names and came across you mentioning a bookmark/label ring, Mysscyn. To be honest, I didn't know of such a concept and it sounds quite cool! I'm from India and can mail international.

However, these talks of weight are scaring me a bit, as I am assuming we're sending along some bookmarks and labels but not a huge bunch. I have some to share, definitely, but wondering how much is appropriate?
Profile Image
Don't worry about the weight Prachi. If it is too heavy just take some out to get it down to an acceptable weight.
EDIT. It is not too heavy. Didn't add the heavier bookmarks. All paper.
Profile Image

Last call

If no one else joins today then this will be the shipping order:

prachitulshan. India
Diane-Fraser. UK
NowINkA. Poland
linguistkris. Germany
Southernfryed. US
KateKintail. US. Oops. Sorry for the initial misspelling!
Hyphen8 US
Profile Image
8oz. I put the labels I promised you in with this envelope but I didn't separate them from the others.
Profile Image
That's ok, I'll sort them out from the envelope. Thanks. :-)
Profile Image
Tthe 1st batch of the bookmark and labels ring has reached me safely, thanks Mysscyn for all the neat choices. :) Mail between the US and India sometimes takes time, and I was out of India when this arrived a few days ago.
I'll be passing on the ring with a fresh batch to Diane-Fraser soon. Cheers!
Profile Image
Finally managed to send out the ring, 3 weeks after it got here...sorry for the delay, I've been travelling a lot recently and it's been hectic.

Hope it reaches Diane-Fraser safe, and soon!
Profile Image
Lots of choice. PMing NowINkA and will get moving again soon.
Profile Image
I will make my choice and contact the next participant soon. Thank you!
Profile Image
I will post the envelope to linguistkris later today. Enjoy!
Profile Image
My name is misspelled in the list of usernames. It's KateKintail (as in Kintail, a town in Scotland). Just want to make sure that the BCer before me can properly message me to send it on. I've got a small collection of Bookmarks and labels waiting already!
Profile Image
I haven't made my selections yet but will soon and hope to have this moving again this week.
Profile Image
If possible I would like to be added. I'm in U.S. (Texas).
Profile Image
I received & opened the package today!

Lots of great choices. Love how artistic some of these labels are. (NowINkA, your photography and crafts are a pleasure to see!) Also, I'd never seen Ballyowl before. He is ADORABLE!
Profile Image
NowINkA, your photography and crafts are a pleasure to see!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them.
Profile Image
I mailed it out on Monday 3/23/15 to hyphen8

Have delivery confirmation number if needed. Thanks for including me in this. It was fun seeing all the bookmarks & labels & miscellaneous BC supplies as well!
Profile Image
Agreed with KateKintail on all accounts: lots of choices, Ballyowl is very cute, and NowINkA is impressively crafty.

Once I've made my additions & subtractions, I think the package is going to be over the 13-oz Priority Mail threshold (according to the label it was already 12.9 oz), so it will probably end up in a flat-rate envelope. It was amusing to see some of my own creations (and I think also some by ghir) already in the batch. :)

I'll PM for Readertoo's address so I can sent this on soon.
Profile Image

wow

neato. lol I am sure some of your labels are in there hyphen8. I fully intend to start another thread for a label exchange but keep getting distracted. lol
Profile Image
Mailed to Readertoo today - thanks for letting me join in! :)

Some of my contributions - some were already in the envelope when I got it but I recognized my own work. ;) - https://www.flickr.com/---/photostream

What I took out - https://www.flickr.com/---/photostream
Profile Image
I just received the envelope today from hyphen8 so after making my selections and replacing them with my additions I will be sending it back to MyssCyn. Thanks for letting me join in!
Profile Image
I just received the envelope today from hyphen8 so after making my selections and replacing them with my additions I will be sending it back to MyssCyn. Thanks for letting me join in!

Thanks ReaderToo.

2nd round anyone?
Profile Image
I love bookmarks and already took part in a bookmark-ring some time ago. It really was fun!
I'm in Germany and can post to wherever it will be convenient. Unfortunately I'm very busy at the moment, so it would be great if the package wouldn't come my way before the month of may... Could I still join, please?
Profile Image
I mailed the bookmark envelope back to MyssCynn on April 10th so she should be receiving it any day now. Thanks for including me!
Profile Image
I mailed the bookmark envelope back to MyssCynn on April 10th so she should be receiving it any day now. Thanks for including me!

Woohoo! Success! This ring made it and nothing I started it with came home! I'm amazed.

Lots of great bookmarks and labels.
I gave a few away when I opened the envelope. Pained me that my bus driver pickec a beautiful metal one that said strength on it. But he told me his "story" so it was the appropriate one for him to have.

I will keep two bookmarks and the rest will go for another round. Going to start another thread though. Who else is in?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.