corner corner Barbara Pym Bookrings for Oxford Convention attendees

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Barbara Pym Bookrings for Oxford Convention attendees

I have 4 books available for Bookrings for those coming to the Oxford Convention.
1. Some Tame Gazelle
2. A Glass Of Blessings
3. Crampton Hodnett
4. Excellent Women
Please respond here stating which book(s) you would like to read and whether you can post internationally or UK preferred.
Clemence Schultz from the Barbara Pym Society will be giving a talk at Oxford entitled Barbata Pym: An Unashamed Reader Of Novels.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have 4 books available for Bookrings for those coming to the Oxford Convention.
1. Some Tame Gazelle
2. A Glass Of Blessings
3. Crampton Hodnett
4. Excellent Women
Please respond here stating which book(s) you would like to read and whether you can post internationally or UK preferred.
Clemence Schultz from the Barbara Pym Society will be giving a talk at Oxford entitled Barbata Pym: An Unashamed Reader Of Novels.
Profile Image
I've managed to pick up a couple of these already so I'd like to join for A Glass of Blessings and Crampton Hodnet. I'd like to keep my posting to UK only at the moment, thanks.
Profile Image
I would like to join for Excellent Women and A Glass of Blessings please. UK only shipping for me. Thank you!
Profile Image
for Some Tame Gazelle please. If it is less than about 2.5 cms thick, I can ship worldwide. If it is thicker, Europe (incl UK) only please.
Profile Image
for Some Tame Gazelle & Excellent Women. I can post anywhere. Thanks.
Profile Image
I'd prefer to keep shipping inside europe if possible, please!
Profile Image
I am going to start the Bookrings now and will add others to the list as and when they request.
Please keep the book no longer than 1 month and pm the person after you on the list to get their address.
please post here when you receive your book and again when you post onwards as well as making a journal entry. Thank you.

Here are the order of readers.
SOME TAME GAZELLE
1. Fifna
2. ReetPetite
3. Billbooks
4. Meganh

A GLASS OF BLESSINGS
1. Pinkoeria
2. Earthcaroleanne
3. greenbadger
4. NowINkA

CRAMPTON HODNETT
1. Earthcaroleanne
2. NowINka

EXCELLENT WOMEN
1. ReetPetite
2. Vekiki
3. Pinkoeria
4. greenbadger
5. NowINka
6. Meganh
Profile Image
Please count me in for Excellent Women and A Glass of Blessings. In UK and will post anywhere.
Profile Image
Can I please join bookrings for Some Tame Gazelle and Excellent Women. Happy to ship the first book worldwide, the second book within Australia if possible.
Profile Image
This arrived today but of course being a typical bookring, it didn't arrive alone. Plus, I already have a backlong with three bookrings arriving on the same day last week, but I'll get to it asap.

Miss Markey - Thought I sent you my address at the beginnging of September for CRAMPTON HODNETT but haven't received it. Now wondering if I sent my address for this book and you are still waiting for me. Can you let me know, please?
Profile Image
Here in Oz will post worldwide
Profile Image
You are now on my list.
Profile Image
If possible, please count me in for Excellent Women and/or Crampton Hodnet. I'm in Poland and prefer shipping within Europe. Thanks!
Profile Image
Oh great! Thank you.
Profile Image

Oops!

Apologies to you all.
Today I found all the books in a bag in the staff cloakroom at work. I had not posted them atall! After work I rectified that and now all books are on their way.
Very sorry everyone. Hope you all get to read them before the Convention.
Profile Image
I'm on the list for the bookrays on this thread but looks as though I was missed off them on the lists on the book journals - could you please add me, MissMarkey? I'd really like to read these before the convention. Thank you! :)
Profile Image

Bump

Does anyone else want" A Glass of Blessings" as it has now come to the end of it's ring.
Profile Image

RE: Bump

I do if it's still available. I posted "Crampton Hodnet" to the next participant yesterday and I'm waiting for my turn with "Excellent Women" so I may as well read that one in the meantime. Thank you.
Profile Image
I'd b quite interested in reading people's comments about these books - is it possible to post the links to them?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.