corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter G

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter G

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter G to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 G-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another G-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

perryfran
LynnGorman
quickheels
Aberpeter
tabby-cat-owner
mrsjones
BooksnBeer
jmsmom
booklady331
Ollie1976
BooksandMusic
Southernfryed
NancyNova
cat02886 -- asked to skip
Meekachu07
Agrace
Stephario
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
raralovestoread
innae
mngirl
ravencat
katiesmama
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter G to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 G-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another G-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

perryfran
LynnGorman
quickheels
Aberpeter
tabby-cat-owner
mrsjones
BooksnBeer
jmsmom
booklady331
Ollie1976
BooksandMusic
Southernfryed
NancyNova
cat02886 -- asked to skip
Meekachu07
Agrace
Stephario
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
raralovestoread
innae
mngirl
ravencat
katiesmama
me
Profile Image
PM'ing perryfran now for an address.

Profile Image
Heading west...

Profile Image
Both books look interesting but I will keep The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. I will get these sent on with my addition to LynnGorman as soon as I get an address. Thanks!
Profile Image
Received the address so off they go...
Profile Image
Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image

G books

arrived 2 days ago...sorry for the delay in posting! I am choosing "Gone" by Jonathon Kellerman & PMing the next in line.
Profile Image
Maybe for the next round? If so, let me know, I played an international version, but a US version would be cheaper :-)

Profile Image
E, F, & G are all open. I'll add you to the list. Welcome!

Profile Image

G books

are in the mail!! Tracking # 9114 9011 2308 6586 8599 09
Profile Image
are in the mail!! Tracking # 9114 9011 2308 6586 8599 09

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
Books arrived. I choose Gap Creek by Robert Morgan. Will message the next in line and get them in the mail in the next few days.
Profile Image
I will repost when I have made a selection.
Profile Image
by Warwick Collins

looks like an interesting read
Profile Image
I finally made it to the post office yesterday.
Profile Image
Thanks, Aberpeter!

Profile Image
I have chosen "The Good Terrorist" by Doris Lessing.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12438440/

I will contact the next person on the list for her address.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image

Dilemma!!!

I got the books and they both look SO good! It was a hard decision, but I'm going to keep 'Ghost on Black Mountain' since it's on my wish list.

PMing the next person for an address.
Profile Image

Dilemma!!!

I got the books and they both look SO good! It was a hard decision, but I'm going to keep 'Ghost on Black Mountain' since it's on my wish list.

PMing the next person for an address.
Profile Image
The books are on their way to BooksNBeer. Enjoy!
Profile Image
Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
Silly me - I received the package of G book about two days ago. I opened them an thought - oh what is this? I sat them by my computer and thought - I'll get back to them. Today I checked the Forum and noticed G books were shipped to me?? Then I began to put two and two together.

I will PM next in the list - right now.

I will select "The Girl in the Painted Caravan" by Eva Petulengro
Profile Image
Funny!

It does make the point, tho, that it's a good idea to mention the name of the book ring in your release notes, so the next person in line can easily see why 2 books have just arrived...

Profile Image
I have the next address and the two books are all packaged up. I will get this into the post office on Nov. 3rd. Sorrrry for the delay - I am away on a quick trip and I will get them into the post as soon as I return.
Profile Image

G Books

On the way - put into the mail on November 3rd.
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
I chose The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner. Have pmed booklady331 for address. Waiting on a response.

pm ed a second time about 3:45 pm on Monday the 11th.
Profile Image
tracking

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=1&tLabels=9549011053814316554998
Profile Image
Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
I will PM the next person to get the address and mail it on.

I selected Going Home by Nora Roberts.
Profile Image

It's here

I'm selecting Great Expectations and will be PMing the next in line
Profile Image
across the US
Profile Image
Thanks, Ollie1976!

Profile Image
I have not chosen a book yet. Pming NancyNova for her address. I have the "f" books as well. My car went to the shop for repairs today. I hope to get both sets of books in the mail before the end of the week.
Profile Image
Wait -- did BooksandMusic take a turn this round?

Profile Image
sorry for forgetting to post on here! I was right before Southernfryed and I did a quick turn around on the books, out the next day. I selected Green Mile by Stephen King.
Profile Image
Oh, OK, thanks. Just wanted to make sure you had a turn!

Profile Image
because my niece wants to read it. My "G" books are packed and ready to go. Just waiting to get my car back. I will post again as soon as I get to the post office.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
PM'g you for clarification on where they go next.

I chose God's Vitamin "C" for the spirit of Women.
Profile Image
Ooh... I see that now. Let me check...

Next up is cat02886. Sorry for the confusion.

Profile Image
PM sent to next on list
Profile Image
PM sent to next on list

OK, thanks, NancyNova.

Profile Image
Tracking # 9114999944313346414521

Sorry for the delay in getting it to the post office.
Profile Image
Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
and I selected "Growing Up Amish" by Ira Wagler

I will message the next participant to get these shipped out
Profile Image
Printed the postage for the next participant, so will ship tomorrow
Profile Image
Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image

Books arrived

The books arrived and I chose Grange House http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12861584/
Profile Image
have been house-bound, but will get to the post office tomorrow
Profile Image
have been house-bound, but will get to the post office tomorrow

Thanks for the update.

Profile Image
They arrived just before the nasty weather hit us. We're currently snowed in, though the nasty stuff is rapidly melting. Give me a couple of days, and I'll make my choice and send them on to the next person. Meanwhile, I'll get the next person's addy.
Profile Image
I chose Gulliver's Travels. I have my contribution and the one I didn't choose packed up and ready to go. If hubby doesn't get them to the post office tomorrow, he'll definitely get them there Monday. Will update when they go out.
Profile Image
Package sent to heartthumper. Tracking Number 9114999944314349460270. Should be in the system soon.
Profile Image
Thanks, Stephario!

Profile Image
I chose The Golden Ring by John Snyder. It's a Christmas story and I love Christmas stories! Message for an address.
Profile Image
I have added my book and sent for RaraLovestoRead's address. As soon as I receive their address, I'll send the books right out!
Profile Image
Happy travels!

Delivery Confirmation # 9114 9999 4431 4090 5679 45
Profile Image
I am keeping The Garden of Ruth by Eva Etzioni-Halevy. PMing the next person now.
Profile Image
Thanks, raralovestoread!

Profile Image
and I have made my choice...taking out The Girls from Ames, though both books sounded good. I have my G book ready and will be sending them out asap.

Profile Image
Thanks, innae!

Profile Image
Will make my pick and get then in the mail. PM to next person sent.
Profile Image

Books sent

I've decided to keep "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Two books in the mail.
9552 1110 8446 5128 4545 28 ETA May 15th.
Profile Image
Thanks, mngirl!

Profile Image
Arrived today and I have chosen The Girls by Lori Lansens. Will PM katiesmama and will get books out by Friday/Saturday.
Profile Image
now on their way to katiesmama. I did purchase tracking but mistakenly threw the receipt away...so sorry. I am hoping for a safe arrival to Florida!!!
Profile Image
now on their way to katiesmama.

Thanks, ravencat!

Profile Image
I've already made my selection. I'll be taking Galileo's Daughter by Dava Sobel. Sending a PM to Iwillrejoice and will get the books back out Saturday.
Profile Image
I forgot my office would close early today, so I had a chance to get to the post office before they closed at 5pm. Books are officially on their way, should be to you Iwillrejoice on Tuesday. Thanks again for putting me in......can't wait for the H ring!
Profile Image
Thanks, katiesmama!

Profile Image
I received The Glass Lake by Maeve Binchy & The Gift of Stoppage Time by Mark Vincent Linger.

This concludes the G-ring. Thanks for being a part, everybody!

Time to start the L-ring!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.