corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter E

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter E

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter E to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 E-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another E-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

NancyNova
Southernfryed
LynnGorman
raralovestoread
BooksandMusic
Meekachu07
booklady331
quickheels
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
heartthumper
Aberpeter
Ollie1976
Dove-i-libri
cat02886 (asked to be skipped)
Agrace (asked to be skipped)
mrsjones
Stephario
perryfran
jmsmom
innae - no response
mngirl
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter E to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 E-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another E-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

NancyNova
Southernfryed
LynnGorman
raralovestoread
BooksandMusic
Meekachu07
booklady331
quickheels
tabby-cat-owner
BooksnBeer
heartthumper
Aberpeter
Ollie1976
Dove-i-libri
cat02886 (asked to be skipped)
Agrace (asked to be skipped)
mrsjones
Stephario
perryfran
jmsmom
innae - no response
mngirl
me

Profile Image
PM going out to NancyNova in just a few!

Profile Image
Oh - a debate. Both look good.

I already have 2 boxes going out tomorrow, so this will get held until next week to be mailed. I'll have to make my selection by then :-)

PM'g next in line, so it will be ready to go.
Profile Image
Eventide will stay in Pa. I have Plainsong around somewhere, so that will be read first, since this is book 2.

Mailing out after work tomorrow. Will post tracking #
Profile Image
Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
It may be the middle of next week before I get to the post office to mail them out again.
I am planning to take Eggs in Purgatory by Laura Childs out of the box.
Profile Image
sending a second pm to request an address
Profile Image
Maybe she's on vacation.

If you don't hear back, we'll move on down the list. If she gets in touch later, we can always just bump her down the list.

Profile Image
heard from LynnGorman last night
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed. :-)

Profile Image
yesterday. I am going to pick Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario. PMing the next in line.

For some reason I did not receive the 1st PM from Southernfryed.
Profile Image
Glad to have you join us!

Profile Image
I'm sorry it has taken me a bit to get this shipped out but I am down in my back and have been in bed for a month now!! These are going in the mail today.
Profile Image
Sorry you haven't been feeling well, LynnGorman. Hope you're doing better soon!

Profile Image
I have chosen Evening by Susan Minot. Sending a PM to the next person now. :)
Profile Image
and I have chosen Espresso Shot by Cleo Coyle. Will PM the next person in line and should be able to get this in the mail before the end of the week.
Profile Image
Just got these today...will update as soon as I decide what to select. I will PM the next person
Profile Image

selected

I selected "Escape" by Pealhan Magden

I've messaged the next participant to request their address
Profile Image
I have the address of the next participant and have selected a book to add, so I will ship this this weekend. Looking forward to the next round
Profile Image
I am PMing the next participant so I can mail off the books.
Profile Image
I've chosen the Echelon Vendetta, will contact the next stop and send books on their way.
Profile Image
We'll start once the E-books reach BooksnBeer. Get ready!

Profile Image
Oops forgot to mention ...... books in the mail Thurs or Fri to tabby-cat-owner
Profile Image
Oops forgot to mention ...... books in the mail Thurs or Fri to tabby-cat-owner

Thanks, quickheels!

Profile Image
I have chosen "The End of the Line--The Siege of Khe Sanh" by Robert Pisor.

I will add my "E" book and get the books in the mail asap.
Profile Image
and an FYI - I'm headed out of town for a two week vacation. I won't be able to post my books until the middle of August.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Profile Image
and an FYI - I'm headed out of town for a two week vacation. I won't be able to post my books until the middle of August.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Aberpeter, since you'll be away, why don't I just move you down the list a bit. That way, the books keep moving, & you can take your turn when it's more convenient for you. :-)

Profile Image
I'm looking forward to this ring - I have a book ready. I have PMed my address to Tabby.
Profile Image
....they were mailed to BooksNBeer yesterday.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I received the E books yesterday and I will choose Ever After by Anne Edwards. This just grabbed me the second it came out of the package. I am interested in getting an inside look at Princess Diana.

I have the next address and I will get this into the mail tomorrow.
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
... so they're ready to go when the rings get here! Keep me near the end of the list!!!
Profile Image
... so they're ready to go when the rings get here! Keep me near the end of the list!!!

Hmm... I think you're #3 in the F-ring. I'll move you down. Are you OK with your placement in this ring? You still have 3 ahead of you.

Profile Image
Just put the E books in the mail stream today.
Profile Image
Just put the E books in the mail stream today.

Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
I picked Eleven On Top by Janet Evanovich. PM sent to Aberpeter. Will mail out as soon as I get an address. Thanks!
Profile Image
Thanks, heartthumper!

So, that means it's time to start the G-ring. I'm a little busy tomorrow, so look for it on Thursday!

Profile Image
I will repost when I have made my selection.
Profile Image
I have Ollie1976's address. I will repost when the books are in the mail.
Profile Image
Thanks, Aberpeter!

Profile Image
I'll PM the next member and make my selection before I mail it back out
Profile Image
I took out Eden Close by Anita Shreve
Profile Image
Thanks, Ollie1976!

Profile Image
I will be taking Evidence by Jonathan Kellerman, and putting in - oooops! It's a secret! I will contact the next person on the list, cat02886, for their address, and then post when the books are on their way!
Profile Image
Aw... OK, thanks, Dove-i-libri.

(Was it something we said?)

;->

Profile Image

LOL.

Profile Image
The "E" Bookring will be mailed and on their way to Ohio on Monday!!! Happy reading!
Profile Image
Dilemma- I've already read them both. I'll choose one anyway and wild release it. PMing Stephario for an address.
Profile Image
I made my choice. I took 'The Eyre Affair.' I've already heard back from Stephario, so have the books bundled and ready to be shipped out tomorrow.
Profile Image
Wow, that was quick! Thanks, mrsjones!

Profile Image
But I won't be able to do anything with them until Friday. I'm slammed busy until then. Until then, I'll go ahead and get perryfran's addy so I'll have it when I can get to these books Friday.
Profile Image
OK. Thanks for letting us know, Stephario. Have a good week!

Profile Image
I chose The Ex Files, by Jane Moore. I'll get my addition and the other book sent off to perryfran either tomorrow or Monday. Unfortunately, I'm already too late to make it to the post office today. Thanks all!
Profile Image
Received books today. I'll make my selection and get the books out again as soon as I get an address.

Edit: I am selecting "Exile Trust" by Vincent O'Neil.
Profile Image
Received jmsmom's address and will get the package in the mail on Monday.
Profile Image
Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
I chose Edge by Jeffery Deaver. PMed innae for address yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Books sent to mngirl on 10-31-14.

tracking: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=1&tLabels=9114901230803993654557
Profile Image
Okay, I received the books on Tuesday. I checked every book I could find in my apartment and could not find one that starts with an E. I will send both books I received to iwillrejoice. Will PM for an address.
Profile Image
I've PM'd you back, mngirl. Thanks!

Profile Image
I had planned to get books in mail today but we had severe winter weather today which made driving difficult. Since tomorrow is Veterans Day, the post offices will be closed. Hopefully on Wednesday.
Profile Image
Sorry its taken so long to send. Just started a seasonal job and have been very busy. Post office opens after I start job and closes before I leave work. Will do better with F.
Profile Image
OK, mngirl. Thanks for letting us know.

Profile Image
Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons & Exposed by Alex Kava Are now safe with me in chilly Florida. (OK, it's 66°, but that's cool for us. And it was cold last night!)

Anyway... Thanks for sharing, everybody! Another successful ring. The E Ring is now concluded. I'll go start the H-Ring ASAP.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.