corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter D

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter D

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter D to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 D-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another D-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

LynnGorman
Meekachu07
Ollie1976
Southernfryed
booklady331
raralovestoread
heartthumper
BooksandMusic
BooksnBeer
Aberpeter
NancyNova
tabby-cat-owner
quickheels
Agrace
mrsjones
Dove-i-libri
cat02886 -- asked to be skipped
Stephario
perryfran
jmsmom
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter D to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 D-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another D-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

LynnGorman
Meekachu07
Ollie1976
Southernfryed
booklady331
raralovestoread
heartthumper
BooksandMusic
BooksnBeer
Aberpeter
NancyNova
tabby-cat-owner
quickheels
Agrace
mrsjones
Dove-i-libri
cat02886 -- asked to be skipped
Stephario
perryfran
jmsmom
me
Profile Image
LynnGorman, you're up first. I'll be mailing out the D-books tomorrow or Saturday. Happy picking!

Profile Image
the D books today & I am going to choose "Dream When You're Feeling Blue" by Elizabeth Berg. I will PM the next in line.
Profile Image

D books

have been mailed today despite about 6" of fresh snow. ;)
Profile Image
have been mailed today despite about 6" of fresh snow. ;)

Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image

Received

I selected "Daring to Dream" by Nora Roberts. Not something I would read, but will pass on to my Mom and Grandma...will message the next person
Profile Image
I've already read one and I'm not interested in the other so I'll be PMing the next person and move this along
Profile Image
I'm on my way to work. Will take a look, pm the next person for address, make a decision and get them moving again hopefully within a week.
Profile Image
"D" ring should be back in the mail tomorrow
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed!

Profile Image
I have made my selections and will send mine off as soon as I get the next person's address

I am keeping Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag
Profile Image
it's been a crazy week! I have chosen Destiny by Tim Hodge. I'll PM the next person now. Thanks!
Profile Image
I chose Do's and Taboos of Using English Around the World by Roger E. Axtell. PM sent for address of next on the list.
Profile Image
the books. Still thinking about which one to take.
Profile Image
Happy picking!

BTW, we'll be starting the E-ring when it's BooksnBeer's turn. Get ready, everybody!

Profile Image
Is it within the rules to be able to choose both and replace them with 2 new D books? It is OK if not, just having trouble choosing.
Profile Image
Is it within the rules to be able to choose both and replace them with 2 new D books? It is OK if not, just having trouble choosing.

Pick one & put the other on your wishlist! It may come back to you!

If you absolutely have to have them both, then be sure to replace them with books that are equally good!

Profile Image
is an excellent idea. :)
Profile Image
I am taking Doc Susie: The True Story of a Country Physician in the Colorado Rockies by Virginia Cornell.
I'll get my replacement and the book I didn't select into the mail hopefully today.
Thanks for including me!
Profile Image
I received the D books on Tuesday and I just got the chance to open the package last night.

I will be selecting Deal Breaker by Harlan Coben.

I have my D book all ready to go - I'll PM next on the list now and as soon as I receive the address I'll send on.
Profile Image
I put these into the mail stream on Saturday (4/26/14). Enjoy!!!
Profile Image
I'm selecting Delhi is not Far by Ruskin Bond.
Profile Image
I forgot to post that I stopped by the post office last week and sent the books on their way. I mailed them on either Thursday or Friday.
Profile Image
Thanks, Aberpeter!

Profile Image
I've selected Drenched in Light.

I have the books ready to move again. PM'd the next in line to check the address.
Profile Image
Tracking # 9114901230803639746400
Profile Image
Thanks, NancyNova!

Profile Image
I chose the following book: Defending Jacob by William Landay
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12487871/

I will contact the next in line and keep the D books moving.
Profile Image
They are heading all the way across the country to quickheels in Florida.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
Glad to have you with us!

Profile Image
I am still one book away from reading the "D" book that I want to add in this bookring! I don't want to hold on to the books too long once they get here ...
Profile Image
Books arrived today. Very interesting choices ;-)
I'm choosing A Dance Through Time by Lynn Kurland.
I'll contact next in line and have them on their way in a few days.
Profile Image
The books will be on their way to Agrace today
Profile Image
The books will be on their way to Agrace today

Thanks, quickheels!

Profile Image
The books arrived yesterday. I will choose Dirty Rotten Tendrils and move the others promptly!
Profile Image
I chose "Dead Streets."

As soon as I have Dove-i-libri's address, I'll get these mailed out. Thanks!
Profile Image
I am selecting Death at the Table ( https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12736069 ) and adding my book. I won't get the pkge mailed until Saturday, though.
Profile Image
and the desk clerk could not provided delivery confirmation service.
Profile Image
OK. So, if you mailed them on that Saturday, as you mentioned, that's 16 days. A bit long, but not out of the question.

Stephario? Have the books arrived yet?

Profile Image
Yeah, I just got them the other day. They were on the top of my pile that I meant to take care of this weekend but ended up sleeping through it. I've made my choice and am ready to send the books on. I chose Dracula, by Bram Stoker. Oddly enough, I've never actually read this. I'm looking forward to seeing the start of the craze. :) Now, to find a replacement and send them on to perryfran...
Profile Image
Received these in the mail today from Stephario...Thanks! I am selecting Drowning People by Richard Mason which looks interesting. I will be replacing this and sending the two books on to jmsmom as soon as I get an address.
Profile Image
Got the address and off they go!
Profile Image
Thanks, perryfran!

Profile Image
... that the D-books arrived today. The D-ring is almost finished!

Profile Image
I'm choosing Deeper than Dead by Tami Hoag. Hope to have the pkg. off tomorrow.
Profile Image
Thanks, jmsmom!

Profile Image
Yesterday I received Desert Sinner by Ralph McInerny & Death's Half Acre by Margaret Maron. (2 mysteries - Yay!) Thanks, guys! =D

So, the D-ring is concluded.

I'll go get the F-ring started!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.