corner corner Deogratias: A Tale of Rwanda Graphic Novel Bookray - CLOSED for now

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Deogratias: A Tale of Rwanda Graphic Novel Bookray - CLOSED for now

I have just had this book returned to me from our local Calgary Bookcrossing group. It currrently has 11 journallers and I would like to see this little book travel and have more journallers. It is very thin and could be easily sent International if participants are open to mailing overseas. Please post here with shipping preferences if you are interested.

Deogratia: A Tale of Rwanda Graphic Novel
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4147412

Shipping Order:
KiwiinEngland (New Zealand)
Edwardstreet (New Zealand)
Billbooks (Australia)
iiwi (Netherlands)
okyrhoe (Greece)
alexiapapa (Greece)
Andrasthe (Austria)
Wichtelkoenigin (Germany)
GronnLivsstil (Norway)
Askeladda (Norway)
pam99 (Scotland)
Abi-Gibby (UK)
hesiodo66 (Argentina)
hyphen8 (USA)
tchaikovsky (USA)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have just had this book returned to me from our local Calgary Bookcrossing group. It currrently has 11 journallers and I would like to see this little book travel and have more journallers. It is very thin and could be easily sent International if participants are open to mailing overseas. Please post here with shipping preferences if you are interested.

Shipping Order:
Billbooks (Australia)
iiwi (Netherlands)
okyrhoe (Greece)
alexiapapa (Greece)
Andrasthe (Austria)
GronnLivsstil (Norway)
Askeladda (Norway)
pam99 (Scotland)
Abi-Gibby (UK)
hesiodo66 (Argentina)
hyphen8 (USA)
tchaikovsky (USA)
Profile Image
but I can absolutely only afford U.S. shipping. If that's a problem, then please do not include me. Either way, thank you :)
Profile Image

Interested

In Australia can post anywhere worldwide
Profile Image
I would prefer NZ/Australian postage, but will send international if required.
Profile Image
So far I have tchaikovsky, Billbooks, KiwiinEngland and iiwi.
No problems with accomodating shipping so far either.
I will leave this thread open for the rest of the week and hopefully get this book off on it's journey on Saturday, January 18.

Thanks to all who have joined so far....
Profile Image

Please

I would be interested in reading this, from uk and can send any where
Profile Image
I prefer US shipping but may be able to do international if needed. Do you have any idea how much it weighs? Graphic novels are often deceptively heavy even when they're thin because of the sort of paper that is used.
Profile Image
Hi hyphen8 - It is actually not very heavy - pretty on par with an average Mass market paperback I think. It is nice and skinny though so can be shipped as a letter instead of as a package. I will let you know the exact weight once I ship it off.
Abi-Gibby - I have added you to the list

I am going to keep taking sign ups through the week and will post shipping order on Friday, mail it out Saturday.
Thank you all so far who have joined!
Profile Image
It is actually not very heavy - pretty on par with an average Mass market paperback I think. It is nice and skinny though so can be shipped as a letter instead of as a package.

Different countries have different criteria for what can be shipped as a letter. Where I am a heavy but skinny item would still be a parcel. Perhaps you mean in the USA it could be shipped as a letter and not a parcel, but that's not true everywhere.

Still really looking forward to reading this, regardless of letter/parcel criteria.
Profile Image
I live in Norway and prefer postage within Europe.
Profile Image
I have added you to the list, Askeladda - thank you for joining.

I will be posting a tentative shipping order on Thursday to be confirmed by participants and then hope to ship on Saturday.
Profile Image
but please put me at the end as I have a big TBR list. thanks :)
Profile Image

Interested

I am in Greece and can post books international. Thanks.
Profile Image

me please

in Scotland, happy to mail internationally
Profile Image
I'm in Germany and can mail internationally. Thank you :-)
Profile Image
I have the shipping order listed below and I will paste it in the main post on this thread. There are few relatively new Bookcrossers on this list and I can only hope that no one will stall this bookray as so many want to read it.

This is a short graphic novel, so please do your best to read it and ship to the next on the list within 3 weeks of receiving it.

I believe this shipping order accommodates shipping requests. I will be shipping this book out as soon as I receive KiwiinEnglands mailing address.

tchaikovsky - since you are last on the list you can release this book how you see fit, though I do hope you keep it moving to another bookcrosser as a RABCK or to Ray It Forward.

Billbooks (Australia)
iwii (Netherlands)
okyrhoe (Greece)
alexiapapa (Greece)
Askeladda (Norway)
pam99 (Scotland)
Abi-Gibby (UK)
hyphen8 (USA)
tchaikovsky (USA)
Profile Image
If you get a request for the book to travel back to Canada, I might be able to swing that, since it's a little cheaper. :)
Profile Image
it is off to KiwiinEngland!

Thank you hyphen8 for the offer to ship back to Canada - if there are any Canadians that would like to join I will add them between you and tchaikovsky.

iwii - if it works for you to arrange picking up the book personally in Australia that would be great.

Thank you to all who have entered and I hope you all get a chance to read this uncomfortable, yet poignant graphic novel.
Profile Image
I will be at the Australian convention beginning April, and can take the book from Australia to Europe or vice versa.
Profile Image
I have the shipping order listed below and I will paste it in the main post on this thread. There are few relatively new Bookcrossers on this list and I can only hope that no one will stall this bookray as so many want to read it.

This is a short graphic novel, so please do your best to read it and ship to the next on the list within 3 weeks of receiving it.

I believe this shipping order accommodates shipping requests. I will be shipping this book out as soon as I receive KiwiinEnglands mailing address.

I am in the original shipping order and missed in this list. I wil get from Kiwi and then get to Bill

tchaikovsky - since you are last on the list you can release this book how you see fit, though I do hope you keep it moving to another bookcrosser as a RABCK or to Ray It Forward.

Billbooks (Australia)
iwii (Netherlands)
okyrhoe (Greece)
alexiapapa (Greece)
Askeladda (Norway)
pam99 (Scotland)
Abi-Gibby (UK)
hyphen8 (USA)
tchaikovsky (USA)

Profile Image
I can post anywhere
Profile Image

me!

I am interested...i have no problem to send it overseas.
Profile Image
hesiodo66 and Edwardstreet to the list. See shipping order in parent post.
Profile Image

Me too!

I am always looking for good graphic novels! I am in Austria and prefer to send eu wide, if possible
Profile Image

here I am. Will get from Kiwi and pass onto Bill

Shipping Order:
Billbooks (Australia)
iwii (Netherlands)
okyrhoe (Greece)
alexiapapa (Greece)
Askeladda (Norway)
pam99 (Scotland)
Abi-Gibby (UK)
hesiodo66 (Argentina)
hyphen8 (USA)
tchaikovsky (USA)

Profile Image
I have also added Andrasthe and GronnLivsstil and will be closing this ray to new participants at this time. If it makes it to tchaikovsky perhaps it will be sent out again on another adventure.

Thank you to all who have joined - I hope you get something out of this powerful graphic novel.

Happy Reading!
Profile Image
I'm iiwi, not iwii (otherwise I can't be found).
Profile Image
I'm iiwi, not iwii (otherwise I can't be found).

HaHa! Oh Boy - I better book an appointment to get my eyes checked - I think I need new glasses :-P
I fixed it in the shipping list - sorry about that :)
Profile Image
I have PMed pam99 two weeks ago, but have not rescived his/hers adress. What do I do? Try again and wait another week? Or contact the next reader on the list?
Profile Image
Since I'm not able to get in contact with pam99, I have PMed the next reader on the list, to let the ray continue ....

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.