corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter C

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter C

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter C to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 C-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another C-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

Southernfryed
Ollie1976
tabby-cat-owner
BooksandMusic (oliviapoolside's new screen name)
booklady331
heartthumper
raralovestoread
Meekachu07
BooksnBeer
NancyNova
LynnGorman
Aberpeter
quickheels
Dove-i-libri
Agrace (asked to be skipped)
mrsjones
cat02886
Stephario
me

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter C to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 C-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another C-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

Southernfryed
Ollie1976
tabby-cat-owner
BooksandMusic (oliviapoolside's new screen name)
booklady331
heartthumper
raralovestoread
Meekachu07
BooksnBeer
NancyNova
LynnGorman
Aberpeter
quickheels
Dove-i-libri
Agrace (asked to be skipped)
mrsjones
cat02886
Stephario
me

Profile Image
... are going out in today's mail. Happy picking!

Profile Image
PMing you
Profile Image
You're in! Welcome!

Profile Image
I am sure that I am going to pick Case Histories by Kate Atkinson. I am sorry to say but it will probably be a week before I get to the post office. My step-father had a heart attack and is in the hospital and my mom is scheduled for surgery next week. They are both doing well-just keeping me running.
Profile Image
OK, Southernfryed. Thanks for letting us know!

P.S. Don't forget to take care of you while you're taking care of them. :-)

Profile Image
sorry for the delay
Profile Image
No worries, Southernfryed. Thanks for letting us know.

Profile Image
I'll be PMing the next person and getting it out either Monday or Tuesday
Profile Image
The Codex by Douglas Preston and I will be sending this off today
Profile Image
Thanks, Ollie1976!

Profile Image
...and I already know what book I am taking out. It is "Cottonwood Christmas" by Gary Slaughter. I hope to read it this Christmas season.

I will contact the next person and mail package asap.
Profile Image
and I am taking out: Cindy and the Prince by Debbie Macomber.
Profile Image
yesterday. I will make my selections and mail them out. Thank you, Books and Music, for helping me find this thread. It was on the second page and I missed it. Now it will be on the first page.
Profile Image
... that you can always find a link to this thread on my profile page. Hope that helps!

Profile Image
Hope to get to the PO tomorrow.
Profile Image
So, what did you choose? :-)

Profile Image
I chose Chocolat by Joanne Harris. I've heard lots about it and have never read it. Thanks! Sending PM for the next address.
Profile Image
Yes - What did you choose? Inquiring minds want to know.
Profile Image
I have chosen Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas. I will email the next person for an address. Thanks!
Profile Image
... we'll start the D-books. Get ready! :-)

Profile Image
Sorry for the delay.
Profile Image
Since I read the other book that was sent, I will select "A cure for Dreams" by Kaye Gibbons. Not something I would typically read, but will give it a shot. PMing the next person
Profile Image
I received these books last night and I differently know which one I am picking. I am a city person so, I had to choice "Chronic City".

I have my book all ready, books will go out as soon as I receive next address. PMing next on the list - now.
Profile Image
C books when into the mail on 2/12/14, I just realized I did not write that I had posted them. They were on their way in a snowstorm - I double wrapped them, I hope they arrive dry.
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
And yes, they arrived nice and dry. Pm'g the next in line. My replacement is ready - just need to choose one to keep. This will go out with the next post-office mail run later this week.
Profile Image
Neither of the books were really my taste, but Clean is on someone's wishlist. So, I picked that one & will rabck it forward.

I added my book to the packet. I have Lynn's address, so I will add a tracking # here when I mail this out tomorrow.

Tracking # 9114901230801582552376
Profile Image

C Books

have arrived & I will choose "Ceremony" by Leslie Marmon Silko. I will PM the next in line.
Profile Image
mailed yesterday to the next in line.
Profile Image
Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
I will make my selection this weekend and send the books on their way.
Profile Image

can i join?

I'm in Rhode Island
Profile Image
Welcome!

Profile Image
I'm choosing A Cup of Friendship by Deborah Rodriguez.

After I get quickheels address the books will be moving on.
Profile Image
The C books are on the move.
Profile Image
Glad I didn't miss it!
Profile Image
I'm sorry, I didn't get the arrival reported but the books have been here a little over a week. I'm choosing The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling and look forward to reading it. I'll have the books in the mail tomorrow if I get an address.
Profile Image
I chose Critical Mass by Steve Martini http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12398093 to share with The Book Exchange Phone Booth @ Laredo Mexican Grill and Steakhouse in El Dorado, Arkansas. See this forum post: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/506021

Sending for the next person's address, and the books will be on their way on Thursday if all goes well.
Profile Image
... The "C" books were sent to "MrsJones" on Thursday 4/10/14. Happy Traveling, Books!
Profile Image
I chose Cannery Row by John Steinbeck.

I'll get this mailed out to cat02886 as soon as I get an address.
Thanks!
Profile Image
I took out Choker by Elizabeth Woods.
Profile Image

will be

Sending out books this weekend.
Profile Image
OK, thanks cat02886!

Profile Image

Books

Have been sent
Profile Image
Meant to get to post office to send these. Life got in the way. Sorry! Will be sending out Tuesday.
Profile Image

Books

Are definitely sent now!! Enjoy!!
Profile Image
I received these not too long ago, and have finally made my decision. I chose The Camel Club, by David Baldacci. Looking forward to it just as soon as I can see well enough to read paper books again. I'm ready to ship my replacement on to the next person, but it looks like I'm the last (good thing, I guess). Who do I ship these off to? Thanks!
Profile Image
I'm ready to ship my replacement on to the next person, but it looks like I'm the last (good thing, I guess). Who do I ship these off to?

That would be me. :-)

Profile Image
Will do, just as soon as I get your addy again. I'll have Mr. Stephario take them to the post office tomorrow. :)
Profile Image
I'll have Mr. Stephario take them to the post office tomorrow. :)

Thanks, Stephario! I'm looking forward to seeing what C-books arrive!

Profile Image
Well, they may have been at the post office for a few days, as I was out of town, but they're here now. I received Curtain by Agatha Christie & Coldwater by Mardi McConnochie. Thank you!

And thank you all for being a part of this book ring / spiral / game!

The C-Ring is now concluded.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.